Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-19-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week past, and it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So, we've been very busy getting Wysteria ready for you, and now the gates are open! I've been wandering through the new world all day. I'm not sure what my favorite part is... the scenery isn't shabby at all (it's actually quite beautiful), but some of the things those Pigswick Academy folk do and say... hilarious. And the name Chester Drawers... can't help but smirk every time I say that.

So we'd like to know - what was your favorite part of the most recent update? We can't wait to hear it! Have a wonderful weekend, and perhaps I'll bump into you abroad...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 27, 2009
well aside from all of our friends being deleted i still liked this world
my favorite part is helephant tower because it does not get boring like waterworks because sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

i think that you guys should let us learn some new spells from these teachers since all taht high levels get from this is a tower with some more gear. maybe even schools like in celestia!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I found Wysteria to be beautiful and fun to ride my broom, but frankly, it's a whole lot of running around.

My favorite part is that you now get an icon showing you what treasure cards were dropped.

And I enjoyed the the easter egg rabbit names I encountered. The only ones I can remember right now are:

1. Private Eddie- Eddie Rabbit, the singer songwriter
2. Sergeant Harvey- Movie where Jimmy Stewart has a large imaginary rabbit friend.
3.Lt. Roger- Another movie reference to Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts!

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Favorite part? Wow. Hard to say.
I like the Wyvern card packs. Too many trees so far and several thousand crowns down with no wyvern, but I did get some other cool stuff that made me grin.

I think Wysteria is gorgeous and hope/pray/beg to see some of those items come into housing shops. Especially the swirling water pillars in the school of Tempest. Long run, would love to see a series of Pigswick school homes.

I love the bunnies. My daughter would sell her brother to buy a bunny pet if there was one.

The new seeds. I am a confirmed gardening addict and the tiger lily has the most adorable little face in the game. In a cuteness contest, they would shut out the piggles, paws down.

Hard to pick one thing, so I won't. :)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
One thing eh. I would have to say the whole expansion. Lol

Legendary Pyromancer Dylan FireGem

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I think the recent update is great! (Wysteria) and so is the new Wyverns hoard pack. Although the one thing about this update that wasn't so great, to me is how all hoard packs you must keep trying to win the mount. I mean like I know how wizard101 wants it to be rare, and its not like your forcing us to buy, but still why can't you just put it in the crown shop that way everyone ends up happy, but anyways great update love Wysteria, I love the music in the place, overall great update I can't wait for the next

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My favorite part, by far, is the Wysterian furniture & housing!!!!

Can't wait for you to bring us some of that fantastic new and elegant Tuscan style to the housing shops and boss drops!

Meanwhile, let me just say a huge "THANK YOU!" to everyone who worked on bringing us this latest update. Although the houses didn't make it through testing (hopefully they just needed some touching up!), the new Wyrven's Hoard more than makes up for it.

Thanks and thanks and thanks again! :D

A delighted wizard.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Another week past, and it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So, we've been very busy getting Wysteria ready for you, and now the gates are open! I've been wandering through the new world all day. I'm not sure what my favorite part is... the scenery isn't shabby at all (it's actually quite beautiful), but some of the things those Pigswick Academy folk do and say... hilarious. And the name Chester Drawers... can't help but smirk every time I say that.

So we'd like to know - what was your favorite part of the most recent update? We can't wait to hear it! Have a wonderful weekend, and perhaps I'll bump into you abroad...

All of it Professor. It was a wonderful update as usual and I, and many others, have enjoyed it thoroughly. I do hope Wysteria will get added on later, as in getting spells from their schools and pets from them. Many thanks for all of your hard work,

James Skullwielder
legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Two points of interest for me was:
1. The Helephant Tower. I enjoyed how challenging it was. (If you can, make more Lvl 60 dungeons!
2. The alternate versions of magic. (What if you combined Life and Earth?

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
I enjoyed the tower of the helephant. It was fun, challenging, and i loved it.
I HATED how Belladonna Crisp made fun of Ravenwood with every other word.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Defender
May 21, 2009
i think my favorite part of Wysteria is the vivid professors & the schools that they teach. I've always wondered if there was another magic school in the spiral that taught the 7 schools of magic at Ravenwood, & there is. The Earth (Life) professor, Chester Droors, is so different from Moolinda & seems kinda boring. I love the Equlibrium (Balance) professor, Velma Pepper, she is my favorite professor at Pigswick. Last but not least the headmistress, Belldonna Crisp, seems very punctual, elegant, & tough. So, overall, I like Pigswick Academy the most at Wysteria.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
Honestly I would just like to see one new thing added, spells.

I would like to see 2 spells that are trainable from each teacher there. 1 at level 40 and one at level 50. Possibly a blade prism for each school, and then something else? (For balance, random life/death/myth.) 1 pip for that blade.

Life: Healing Proverb- +200 to next (life) heal spell. (No spell cast, like cl spells.) 0 pips
Death: Night Blade- +30% to next steal health spell. 0 pips
Myth: Super Shatter- Steal ALL shields and ALL blades from ALL enemies. 6 pips. (Including stun shield, it's unfair with what you did to earthquake enough as it is.) Or possible just get rid of steal and make it only 4 pips.
Fire: Fireman's Blade- +25% to next over-time attack spell. 0 pips
Ice: Iceman's Shield- -20% to all attacks during battle. Never breaks, just glows when used. 2 pips.
Storm: Reflecter- Next attack spell is defyed and hit back at opponent. 5 pips. (Unknown to enemies, looks like you passed turn.)

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
My favorite part was when i went into tournment hall and i saw all of the pictures of famous wizards. professor Ambrose may i say you were quite the looker back then.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
My favorite part beside the whole update is...
Finally learning about New Worlds that might be coming to the Spiral. Its wonderful when you guys tell us whats coming.

I swear all the secret stuff makes me a little mad sometimes but I know that's how it must be sadly :D

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Walking through a maze that you can't see from above, and if you make it through
both levels(2) you get 100,000 gold.

Hope this doesn't sound too emposible, and keep up the great work at KI.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
No offense to anybody at KI, but i didn't like Wysteria. It was boring, infuriating, and insulting. there were only 3 things i liked about it.
1. Tower of the Helephant! BEST DUNGEON EVAH! I especially loved the final boss and how he keeps summoning all those minions.
2. PIGS FLY! There are pigs floating in the air there! :O :O :O Now if someone tells me the phrase "pigs fly", i can say they do!
3. New worlds are mentioned. Mirage, Weirwood, Empyria, and this place in the stars (I dont remember its name)This gives a a sneek Peek at what is coming up in Wizard101.
But Besides those, I didn't like Wysteria. In my opinion, It is the only boring part of this game. Again, No offense.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
Talon Battleblade Legendary Theurgist
8)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
The fact that I'm racking up so much gold and stuff to sell at the Bazaar I can finally pay for that Evil Vestment of Disillusion! Level 35 outfit, here I come! That and all the high vocabulary (Equilibrium, manipulation of etheral flummery.) and the jokes.

Defender
May 05, 2010
Lately I liked the update of Wysteria!! But there is just one thing that should be Changed, When you see the names of The Tonkatsu assassin, the assassin word isn't complete leaving it with the word *Bleep* (Sorry!). So just change it to Tonkatsu ... or Tonkatsu as or a ... .

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
I just got to wysteria and havent gotten very far. But the dueling master guy, the yellow unicorn, is probably the most stuck up wizard 101 character I have ever met! The pigswick people certainly are fond of making fun of Ravenwood, although that makes me want to beat Wysteria even more! And it doesn't suprise me that pigswick students are supposed to cheat. It seems Wysteria harbors characters with very low moral. Which is why I hate to say that Wysteria is one of the nicer looking worlds, and that I know that I will thoroughly enjoy it. So... my favorite thing about Wysteria is...... everything. I wouldn't change single detail. The proffesors at Pigswick look like they will be very interesting.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I like the fact that most of this world is life. The trees, the vines growing through the city, and the main boss being life. No one would ever suspect life to be the villain.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I love the new monster graphics, like the Green Men and Lord Bramble. Also, I noticed that Pigswick Acadamy has two gates that never get opened, one behind Prospector Zeke, and another on the other end of the street from him. this makes the world expandable. These gates could eventually lead to areas for higher level wizards, and continue the story.

Hey, as long as we're on the topic of the wystaria expansion, I cant find where to buy the two new houses.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
I love how you guys poke fun at names. The Name "Lapin" Means "Bunny" In french. That's my second language and I laughed SO hard!

GREAT job KI!

(Except I HATED how Belladonna Crisp was making fun of us here at Ravenwood. Ugh!)

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

I like the graphics, everything looks so ....clean, the character names are quite interesting, Mrs. Dowager in particular. I wonder if the is relative to greyrose..hmmm.

I like the headmistress albeit she's hating on Ravenhood but i think her attire needs to be changed. Its too Falmea like. I expect Crisp to be in something more...dashing!

would be interesting to see Diego and Glendemming in a duel!

I love the Class rooms! Seriously Ravenhood class rooms need a make-over. Wysteria's calssroom are inviting XD