Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-29-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards, it's Friday, and it's time to chat about something new!

Today, let's talk about spells and sounds. If you had the ability to change one spell's AUDIO (not function, or power, or look, just the way it *sounds*), which spell would you choose? I'm not sure what I would answer, but almost assuredly not my firecat. I like the way he purrs!

Looking forward to hearing what you'd change! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Hero
May 02, 2009
This took some thinking but I've decided that I would change Midnight Sprite. Why? Because right now it's just a carbon copy of the Dark Sprite spell that players can get at the very start of the game. I would change the sound to be a more ominous sound befitting an actual Midnight Sprite. This way careful listeners would be able to differentiate between the two different sprites (well that and also make it sound allot more menacing too, I mean it is called a "Midnight" Sprite after all ;)).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
While the audio certainly fits the spell as is, I'd change the Humongofrog spell. The wretching sound gets a bit nauseating after a while.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I think all of the khrysalis bubbles sound too similar to their counterpart bubbles

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
If I could change the sound... The one I always mute my sound is the Leprechaun...

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
Well, one around that could use a slight edit is the forest lord. It bothers me how the animation shows him roaring before he actually roars.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
Dryad. That grunt it makes towards the end is weird.
Imp. It used to have violin and "slapping" sound effects, but got them stolen by Myth Imp.
Tempest. Could use some thunder.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
The Myth Imp. It has a high pitch that sets my neighbors dogs to howling. If I don't mute it **SUPER FAST** then in about 2 minutes my neighbor knocks on my door, saying stuff like "The myth thing from that wizard game again?" or Yeah, I won't be playing that wizard game" or "Please remember to mute that game!!!!" and sometimes he even brings his still howling dogs just to prove his point. It is so AnNoYiNg, I have just been muting my computer whenever I get ***ANY*** Myth enemy.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2015
How about syncing the audio of the Gobbler treasure card? The sound of his fart and when he actually farts are dramatically far apart. It's been that way since the card has existed, and it is one of the first treasure cards in the game.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Make the Myth Imp spell sound less creepy.

Also change the Medusa's "hiss" sounds to sound more like hisses.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2013
Change the high pitched sounds that snow angel makes as it hits over time... it is too high pitched and I have to turn down the sound (sometimes turn it off completely) whenever someone casts it!

Survivor
May 30, 2016
change the sirens to a more beautiful song like an actual sound that would bring Sailors to their Doom

Survivor
May 30, 2016
Also since no one is responding i will add another suggestion change the imp sound to the one like the myth imp

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012

I would like the original sounds from unicorn back because the new sounds are different and every time I hear it I think of the old sound

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
I would really love if the sound of the creaking when the coffin opens in the vampire spell was changed. It sounds like someone is scratching a chalkboard.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I would like the original audio from the Imp. To be specific, the one found here: (Sorry, no links allowed per the rules ~Dworgyn)

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Having an ice wizard as my main wizard I wish to "hear" that the sleet storm sound effect will be updated so it doesn't sound like a normal aura being cast. A suggestion for the sound might be the beginning sound of blizzard. If you could do something like this, that would be amazing. Thanks!

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
It wouldn't matter to me what changes you made to the sound. I turned it off as soon as I figured out how, way back in 2010, and kept it off. I'd rather listen to my mp3's while I play.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
Scarecrow needs to have a wicked laugh when he enters the field to add more of a horror theme.

Hero
May 07, 2015
I would love if you could change the audio from vampire and rain of fire. thank you.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2014
Survivor
May 14, 2015
I agree that the spell sirens needs an audio redo lol

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
When the animation of forest lord roars, the sound is a bit off and should match with the animation. In gnomes; in the part where they all make one big gnome, I would like to hear a malicious laugh from him before he hits you as to make him more sound of a threat. The spell leprechaun; the gibberish talking for me doesn't fit in with the spell and I want to hear something that fits him like a foolish laugh or some evil yell before he hits you. All those spells are life spells btw.

Alejandro Reyes

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
When I lived alone and had only one account I had the sound on most of the time. I would do things around the house and play the game at the same time. I used the sounds to tell when it was my turn again. Then I moved in with my parents and created a second account. I keep the sound off most of the time because if I turn the sound off in one account then when I log into the other account the sound will be off. or if I left it set on then the next time I log in the sound in both accounts is on. The sounds of the game echo each other when both accounts are running at the same time with the sound on and that is annoying. However there was one time when I had my wizards in different places and it made an interesting effect to have the music from the two places combined. I have wished for a way to have the settings in one account not change to match the other account when I log in. As for spell sounds I would like changed it would be the ones that sound almost like words but not quite. The reason is that if its words I would like to know clearly what they say and if its not words then I would like to not be fooled into thinking it is words. Some of the sounds get me thinking its swearing at me.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
I prefer the old imp audio amd the old heckhound howling audio rather than the new ones