Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would you prefer shorter version of your spells to play sometimes?

Yes! Some are too long.
70% [80]
No! Leave my spells alone.
29% [33]

Feedback Friday 7-25-2014

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158
Please please please add pet talent:Spritely to your list!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
354
I know many find them annoyingly long, but I enjoy the spell animations. They are part of what make the game awesome. Maybe you could add an option to be able to choose if to skip the spell animations in the options menu.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
230
I think this is the reason some dungeons take four plus hours.
A partial list of spells and effects I'd like shorter:
-Wyvern: All versions take like 5 minutes! that's too long for the 500 or so damage they do!
-IDK the name of it, Dragon-oid stands on a pedestal, blows a fireball up, it does damage and leaves an aftereffect. It takes so long, I forget what school it is, what its aftereffect is, blah de blah de blah.
-Myth Imp: I hate it with a passion!! It has a high pitch in it that grates my ears half to death, and my neighbor's dogs bark like crazy!!!!!!! I actually quick mute my computer when it starts, that at least makes it half better.
-Any "hit all" spell. It has to repeat upto four times!! It has to repeat upto four times!! Make them more like (minor SPOILER ALERT) Morganthe's superspider cheat in KH final dungeon where it hits everybody simultaneously. (end spoiler alert)
-All damage/health over time diamonds With some pets that heal five, six, seven times in a row it can take twenty minutes just for all of them to take effect. Just combine per round and put "net plus (value)" or "net minus (value)" on the screen, and disappear diamonds as they wear off.
-after effect of Earthquake. With some people who shield / blade every time they can, it can be about a hundred "popopopopop"s before the thing ends. just massively explode them simultaneously.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
1
I love this idea. Many people have listed those that need shortened, but I would like to see a few creatures' spells change as well, like Hades' natural hit.

Many of the spell times could be reduced by having the AOE Damage/Heal Over Times appear all at once (like Deer Knight) as opposed to one at a time (Rain of Fire, Fire Dragon, etc). I hate how Rebirth takes forever just to put the absorbs up. Stuns like choke and blinding light also take forever in 4v4 pvp because the stun shields appear one at a time.

As a max Fire, I would like to say that I have used Rain of Fire once because I didn't realize how slow it was. I haven't used it since just because it took so long. Fire dragon and Storm Lord, in my opinion isn't really that long, but others seem to have a different opinion and I wouldn't mind if they changed.

Honestly, I wish spells have multiple animations like many of the lower rank spells do, as I will likely never know if a spell hits its highest or lowest hit and it always kept things fresh.

Personally, I have to agree with Tara Windwalker that the game takes very long and can be shortened, and I hope this is the first of many steps to change it. When Critical came out, I was excited since Dragonspyre took a very long time. Unfortunately Critical didn't go the way I thought it would, until Khrysalis when the block was lowered majorly on most mobs, but by then many people focused only on Critical, and I joined them because that was the fastest way to go. When the Third Arc comes out, I hope that something new comes that will make the game quicker. (This can be achieved by giving players Stun Resist in good gear or enemies not casting troll spells like Sirens, Earthquake, Mana Burn, Efreet, etc.)

Thank you for addressing this topic and viewing ideas and opinions. It seems that many people see this is a good idea.

Bradley IronFlame Lvl 100 , Bradley BoomBringer Lvl 95 , & Bradley DeathThief Lvl 90

Survivor
May 11, 2013
8
If you think the spells take to long then someone needs to teach you patience go meditate somewhere learn to chill and stop crying its a game you do it to spend time yeah people have life's guess what that is what the animations are for to walk away for a minute, What about all the people that like the way they are.
All i really see is people crying they want the attacks to be instant they don't want animations they don't want to wait rush rush rush i could go on with it but unlike the animations and unlike you people crying it takes to long I enjoy the game i enjoy the animations I play it in my time because i want to i like all the animations
No spell takes "20 minutes" no spell takes "2 - 3 minutes" even in a 4v4 there is No reason at all to change the animations the only things that needs to change in this game is
1 the begging
2 the crying over the animations
3 Bullying
4 How about change the dryad spell needs a Total revamp
5 how about the bosses using the very harsh wording not suited for some of the younger wizards

My point being if you want to change the animations there is more inportant things first and if you do it should be so both sides can have there way the people that like the Animations can keep them, and the people that want to rush the game which btw only takes about a week of play time to beat, can rush it so it more like 2 days

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
1
Please I'm begging you keep the skills the way they are! The game just won't be the same or would not be Wizard anymore for me and my family. We Love each animation for all the classes and we enjoy watching them. We have been playing since the game started and they never get old. I love how we do have time for a few seconds and I mean like 30 seconds to look to our other things while we play the game if we want to. Why rush threw the game, isn't this why we play is to have fun? If you take it away my son prob wont play anymore and that means its not going to be the same for my husband and myself.. If you have to make the others happy then give everyone the option to be able to turn it on and off. I never want to lose them. If I lose it I will prob lose my wizard forever! Please don't make it for some when we love the animations. Don't take our away. For some they really just need to " Let it go". because for some, "The Animations never bothered us anyways!"

Survivor
May 23, 2009
1
Please don't remove our animations, it's what makes this game so fun and well... Wizard.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
1
Keep the animations the way they are, we want to see them in their full glory! No reason to rush the game that's why I play. It's fun and to take that away it just won't be the same. I don't want to rush threw life, so why rush threw your game that I love so much.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
RedDragon877 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
If you think the spells take to long then someone needs to teach you patience go meditate somewhere learn to chill and stop crying its a game you do it to spend time yeah people have life's guess what that is what the animations are for to walk away for a minute, What about all the people that like the way they are.
All i really see is people crying they want the attacks to be instant they don't want animations they don't want to wait rush rush rush i could go on with it but unlike the animations and unlike you people crying it takes to long I enjoy the game i enjoy the animations I play it in my time because i want to i like all the animations
No spell takes "20 minutes" no spell takes "2 - 3 minutes" even in a 4v4 there is No reason at all to change the animations the only things that needs to change in this game is
1 the begging
2 the crying over the animations
3 Bullying
4 How about change the dryad spell needs a Total revamp
5 how about the bosses using the very harsh wording not suited for some of the younger wizards

My point being if you want to change the animations there is more inportant things first and if you do it should be so both sides can have there way the people that like the Animations can keep them, and the people that want to rush the game which btw only takes about a week of play time to beat, can rush it so it more like 2 days
I disagree that people are simply "crying," as though there is no benefit gained if there is a change other than appeasement.

Waiting times are demoralizing. People are going AFK more often, forgetting that they are stunned, and becoming fairly lackadaisical about socializing with other players, because their thought process has become blunted as a result of 100 levels' worth of waiting for rewards. They say to themselves "Ok, now here's the part where I click stuff, ok, now here's the part where I go do things in another window or make a sandwich." That's hurtful to gameplay and also to the community element of the game. We need an option for faster play in order to keep this fun for all.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
grahambhg on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
I think this is the reason some dungeons take four plus hours.
A partial list of spells and effects I'd like shorter:
-Wyvern: All versions take like 5 minutes! that's too long for the 500 or so damage they do!
-IDK the name of it, Dragon-oid stands on a pedestal, blows a fireball up, it does damage and leaves an aftereffect. It takes so long, I forget what school it is, what its aftereffect is, blah de blah de blah.
-Myth Imp: I hate it with a passion!! It has a high pitch in it that grates my ears half to death, and my neighbor's dogs bark like crazy!!!!!!! I actually quick mute my computer when it starts, that at least makes it half better.
-Any "hit all" spell. It has to repeat upto four times!! It has to repeat upto four times!! Make them more like (minor SPOILER ALERT) Morganthe's superspider cheat in KH final dungeon where it hits everybody simultaneously. (end spoiler alert)
-All damage/health over time diamonds With some pets that heal five, six, seven times in a row it can take twenty minutes just for all of them to take effect. Just combine per round and put "net plus (value)" or "net minus (value)" on the screen, and disappear diamonds as they wear off.
-after effect of Earthquake. With some people who shield / blade every time they can, it can be about a hundred "popopopopop"s before the thing ends. just massively explode them simultaneously.
The Wyvern - Five minutes? Really? You must have a really slow connection because MY spells take less than 10 seconds. All versions.
The second spell you mention is a Myth spell. Also, less than 10 seconds.
Same with every single spell listed - spells are between 3-10 seconds long.

If people can't wait 10 whole seconds or less, they have a serious problem.

What I would suggest, which will be ignored anyway, is after you (or anyone) casts a spell the first time in a duel with full animation, shorten it on any further casts. Same goes for the mobs.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
51
Funny how those who are a wet blanket have been showing as new faces in this thread. Looks like one who disagrees is gathering as many friends as possible to do the same. Well, the poll still speaks for itself.

Reducing the spell animation is an urgent need now, it just makes people more and more upset!

Survivor
May 11, 2013
8
SrEdu on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Funny how those who are a wet blanket have been showing as new faces in this thread. Looks like one who disagrees is gathering as many friends as possible to do the same. Well, the poll still speaks for itself.

Reducing the spell animation is an urgent need now, it just makes people more and more upset!
Funny how Not everyone posts in the message boards since they have to be accepted anyways and the spells do not take anywhere near as long as these kids are saying no spell takes more then 10-15 seconds max to go for all four wizards earthquake 6 times in a row and that's less then 1 minute so if that is to long then go back to games where animations don't exist Fire dragon two times in a row on four enemies Frost giant snow angel forest lord all the same No spell needs to be touched or many will quit and the game Will and i do Mean it will Die due to lack of animations

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Wizard101 is a beautiful game....If they rushed all the artistic stuff, it wouldn't look as cool. Plus with long spells, I can go grab a quick snack while the game is going on. It is much more easier to multi task with longer spells also.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
51
RedDragon877 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Funny how Not everyone posts in the message boards since they have to be accepted anyways and the spells do not take anywhere near as long as these kids are saying no spell takes more then 10-15 seconds max to go for all four wizards earthquake 6 times in a row and that's less then 1 minute so if that is to long then go back to games where animations don't exist Fire dragon two times in a row on four enemies Frost giant snow angel forest lord all the same No spell needs to be touched or many will quit and the game Will and i do Mean it will Die due to lack of animations
Hello,

Please don't get me wrong. Cutting out the unnecessary parts of a spell is diferent from removing the spell animation itself. What we have been begging for is to remove, as I said, the surperfluous parts of the spells so they can end faster. For instance, a dungeon like Tartarus could be done more quickly if these spells didn't take that long to come out, it is what makes most of players bored.

It's okay that, in the beginning, you are very amazed by the spells and the way how they come to life, at this point reducing the spell animation might not seem a priority for you. But, as you progress through the spiral, you start to feel a bit boring by the endless battles you have to go through, and that's the point where you realize that if you were able to battle quickly, you could enjoy and play even more the game!

- Christopher
100
80
65

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
RavenLady777 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
The Wyvern - Five minutes? Really? You must have a really slow connection because MY spells take less than 10 seconds. All versions.
The second spell you mention is a Myth spell. Also, less than 10 seconds.
Same with every single spell listed - spells are between 3-10 seconds long.

If people can't wait 10 whole seconds or less, they have a serious problem.

What I would suggest, which will be ignored anyway, is after you (or anyone) casts a spell the first time in a duel with full animation, shorten it on any further casts. Same goes for the mobs.
Actually, I think the "2nd instance abbreviation" suggestion is valid. Seems like a good shortcut for very long 4v4 PvP matches and mob duels.

Administrator
Thanks for some well thought out discourse on the subject! I can definitely see both sides of the story here, and I'll share those thoughts with the other Professors.

A new Feedback Friday is coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea (aka Leah Ruben, your fearless Producer!)