Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-9-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, so let's get with the Feedback, shall we?

This one is for the crafters. I have a two part question. First of all, what is your favorite item you've ever crafted and why? Second, if you could wave your magic wand and change ONE thing about crafting, what would it be? Please note that we are planning to add some new crafted gear sometime in the next few updates, so that's absolutely already on our list. What else would you change?

Have a wonderful Friday and a very happy weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
How I would change crafting:

Have more useable gear; most of it really isnt worth the time. Crafted gear should always be better than store bought OR dropped. The ranking should be bazaar bought, monster dropped (mob or regular boss), crafted, high end boss dropped (waterworks, helephant, darkmoor, etc). As an example, If I could create an item for crafting, it would be a single item with many options. I've brought this up before, but since you're asking about it, let me explain. The Moon school Shift spells are totally worthless because you can't use powerpips with them. Not to mention that many players use off school wand hits to clear off weakness and shields. What I would do, is have a wand recipe, that allows us to choose which school wand attack we want, though the quantity of spells and damage would all be the same, and also allow us to choose which shift spell happens as a maycast. So, for example, if I wanted to use a wand with ice damage, and the Shift Dread paladin, on my fire wizard, I could. There is a serious LACK of allowed off-school wands in the game past about level 84.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:

This one is for the crafters. I have a two part question. First of all, what is your favorite item you've ever crafted and why? Second, if you could wave your magic wand and change ONE thing about crafting, what would it be? Please note that we are planning to add some new crafted gear sometime in the next few updates, so that's absolutely already on our list. What else would you change?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Hi my favorite crafted item so far is Zander's staff I love it so much and I wouldn't change a thing about craft but there is one idea I have you've done mounts and pet snacks what about a pet like maybe we could craft like a robot or something I think that would be neat

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
My favourite thing is the spells that I have, and the make it easier to get the jewel that you want

Defender
Dec 20, 2012

Well, I've never gotten into crafting that much myself, so my favorite thing would have to be the mount that shoots of ice symbols, which is pretty cool.

One thing that has always turned me away from crafting is how hard it seems to do for people who haven't done crafting. If you haven't done it at an early level, it makes it hard to do it altogether. I don't know how to accomplish it, but make it somewhat easier, maybe a guide to crafting on a website, for higher level wizards that just never have been crafting before.

- Cheyenne StormHunter Level 98

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Wow, where to start!
  • Favourite item: More craft-able homes. There are only four in the game and I have been waiting for a new one for ages! These houses are something that I have thoroughly enjoyed creating especially the tree top house. That is awesome.
  • Change one thing about crafting: Easier to get to next crafting levels. I only want one of my wiz on each account to be top level crafters (solely crafting and not questing unless it is for ingredients) but they have to follow the quest line to be able to get to the next crafting level. (Same as gardening: you can't get some gardening spells until you have completed certain quests) So maybe a specific quest line for crafting that allows you into areas only to do crafting and not general questing? Hope this makes sense...I know what I mean anyway

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
The favorite item I've ever crafted was my carousel. I just wish that I had been able to select the animals that were on it along with the ability to let my wizard and friends ride it. It would have been nice if it had played music too.
I do not love crafting, but do occasionally do so if there is something that I really want or need...which does not happen all that often.
The thing I would change with crafting is that when items like the carousel were first added to the game you made the ability to gather certain reagents extremely difficult then a few years later you made those same hard to find reagents not that hard to obtain. Which made it easier for those newer players of the game have a easier time crafting the same object!
The same thing is now going on with reagents like Amber....it is now hard to obtain, but I expect the difficulty level to change in another year or so.
What I would like to change is that you make it so that the more difficult/challenging Boss fights do not reward players with a bunch of minor reagents. (along with pet food and items that cannot be used by my wizard because they are for a different school/house)
If the 'Difficult Boss' is going to drop reagents (and other items) make them the super rare/valuable ones!
I would not mind having more craftable gear..IF...the robes, hats and boots were some that had extremely good stats.
Crafting gear is like the 'difficult Boss Fight' drops....it is not worth it unless the gear has great stats.

Survivor
May 28, 2013
Anthony Anvilheart . 120 My favorite crafted item is Root of the Spring because it gives a two pip rebirth, I would like it if i did not have to catch fish to craft something. Also i have been farming for the Hephaestus treasure card and nothing doing for like two years!

Community Leader
You should be able to craft items in bulk if they don't have a crafting cooldown. (or if they have a very low one, about five seconds)

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015

Thanks so much for making crafting relevant again! I legit screamed walking home from work when I read this post, and if I see Polaris and Mirage crafted gear in the Summer Update, I'll probably freak out to all my in game friends. I think it is essential that crafted gear remains a key gear provider in all future worlds, because it will provide nonfarmers a reliable way to access good gear. Adding crafted gear now will also finally bridge the gap between people who use Darkmoor/Exalted gear and those who don't.

My favorite item that I ever crafted was the Treetop Getaway. I collected all the reagents and stuff for it while Khrysalis Part 2 was still in Test Realm, so I got to craft it the moment I logged on after Test hit Live. It's also nice that it came with a Tag Kiosk :P

I wouldn't change anything about the system itself, because I'm fine with the way it operates. One thing that I would add that would be able to be crafted is Pirate101 music scrolls. There should be another method to obtain these scrolls besides fishing, and I think crafting would provide a wonderful alternative. Right now, I am desperately stalking the Bazaar and Polaris house for the Aquila Journey Theme, and I saw someone else on the forums is trying to get the Valencia Skyway Theme. By the way, if you do add all the Pirate101 music scrolls to a recipe vendor, then PLEASE also add all the Valencia 2 ones also. They are currently not in game (or so I think), and I would love to hear the Kane Combat Theme play in one of my duels at one of my house arenas.

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
Easier to get some of the reagents, such as Agave Leaves and Nectar.

Also something i'd love to see be done with crafting is enhancing gear. The deck you could craft in Darkmoor was really interesting that you could take a previously crafted deck and use it in a new recipe. I'd love to see the same be done with Malistaires gear, wands or athames you get elsewhere to either give them an extra socket slot, add Pip-conversion or just boost the stats in general.

Survivor
May 12, 2011
My favorite item to craft would be the vaults. I love them. They allow me to keep certain things separate in game. Also free up my bank space. The one thing I would change is to allow us to get to max crafting level without having to unlock any crafters. Simply just have finished the previous craft quest. I would love to be able to craft some fashionable stitch gear. There aren't many choices for us when it comes to "attractive" gear. You see people in the same basic stitched gear sets. Maybe have a school crafted no stat gear set. Something new and fun!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2015
I don't have a favorite item. But if I could have one wish - it would be more single school items early one. I don't like crafting even half an item that I'll never use. I don't like using Mastery Amulets as it denies my wizard of other possible benefits.

Just my 2 cents.

Olivia Darkspear.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
For me personally, it is the GH Watchtower Hall home. The way I have it decorated, I've tried to make it as homey and inviting as possible to all who go there for whatever reason. I'm kinda known with my friends that I will give tours of my home to those who I've not met before. Maybe get new recipes for different gems, new pets, or even new gear.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
My favorite items that I've crafted are either my spells or the mannequins. The spells are super useful and the mannequins look amazing with my gear on them.

What I would change is to make certain reagents easy to get at early levels because I wasn't able to craft the Loremaster spells until Lv. 90. Also, the crafted gear is almost never worth it and doesn't last very long compared with other items.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I liked crafting the pogo sticks.. how i would change crafting would be to make it much easier to get the potent trap tc! There is no reason it should be no trade or this hard to get!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
Wow lots of good crafted items here. My favorite thing is Watchtower Hall. I do like crafting the other houses as well though. I love being able to craft spells. It's often hard to get them from a pack and if you do, usually with the wrong wizard.

I agree about the gear. It needs to be pretty darn good. I think the best gear I crafted was the level 56 stuff in Wintertusk. I've crafted all of it for all my wizards. I've also crafted a lot of stuff from Krysalis too but the first best stuff was from WT.

I don't mind if the items are hard to do, just as long as they are doable. Some things, like Watchtower Hall, took a lot of planning as you need a ton of stuff and need to store it somewhere while you gather all the parts.

All I can say about changes would be, more items, please.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Part one: Mannequins. I like dressing them up in different costumes for my different themed hosues.
Part two: Make the mannequins easier to craft (it's a pain for those of us who don't have an ample supply of diamonds and fossils to use for them) and allow for an option for them to be animated in some way in a manner similar to pets/mounts/monstrology house guests (more creative freedom for different housing ideas).

Survivor
May 19, 2009

I would love to craft any slots in my gear for more jewels, or craft a open slots in my pet to use jewel any shape that I want with a limited for example My mount has no jewel slots but I want to craft one diamond shape and one circle. That would be awesome. Decorations: Crafting Example: Refrigerator, Laundry, Toilet, Floral bouquet.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
First of all, what is your favorite item you've ever crafted and why?

The crafted thing I love the most is my Watchtower Hall.

The house is just amazing to begin with - the scenery outside, the waterfall cave inside - but mostly I love resting in the great hall thinking, "I built this." And I love how rare that house is. Few people are crazy enough about crafting to build one.

PS: second runner up is my Wyrd House. I've a Death at the very start of Zafaria who sneaked off to Avalon the moment she finished her crafting there and got the Wyrd recipe. LOVE that house for my Death!

Second, if you could wave your magic wand and change ONE thing about crafting, what would it be?

The ONE thing I would change is having the sonic springs be a guaranteed drop at the end of every FIVE BOXES event. It's a seasonal dungeon to begin with, only available a few times a year. Then the drop rate is so rare that I've run that dungeon dozens of times over the years on various wizards and only have 2 springs among them all. Two!

What's tragic is that there are so many wonderful items to craft with my two precious sonic springs that I'm paralyzed. I can't decide and so, ironically, I've crafted nothing yet. It's killing me because I've never been able to get another sonic spring on any of my wizards.

So please, either make the Sonic Spring a 100% drop or at least give us a transmute option.

Thanks!

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
My favorite things to craft are spells. Wizard 101 is severely lacking in spell diversity and the crafted spells help to mitigate that to an extent.

As a PvP player I would love to see more crafted spell options particularly ones that fit a "hole" in the school. Things like a 4-5 pip AoE for life, a heal for Myth, DoT for Storm and a spell similar to Hades for Death.

I would also love the option to craft an item that would allow us to extract a boss or mobs unique spells for our use as tc. Things such as Diablo Quarin, Storm Dragon etc are cards mobs regularly have access to that we don't. My envisioned item would guarantee drops of those unique spells as tc when defeating said mobs and bosses.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Since 5 B.O.X.E.S came out to the game, I always tried to get the right regents for the crafting items in the 5 boxes.
I really love those crafting items and I would like to have some more of them! Howether, the special reregnt which call Sonic Spring is sometimes hard to get, and I would like if the way to get this regent will be more easy in the future :).
The thing I would like to change in crafting is the way I collect agave nectar. In my opinion, this recip is the harder to get in the game and I would like if you will make an option which will let you to CRAFT agave nectar.

Yours,
Arcanum's Lore :)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Back in the day, the hardest thing to craft was the carousel in dragonspyre (this was before watchtower hall), so I would say it is between those 2 things, I did craft watchtower hall when it was released which was a big accomplishment as reagents were not as plentiful as they are today.

The addition of the extra slots was a great boon to crafting. Overall I think crafting is fine as it is honestly and I strongly disagree with the posters who want to craft deer knight at level 10, having things level limited makes sense to me.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
man0fbass on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
You should be able to craft items in bulk if they don't have a crafting cooldown. (or if they have a very low one, about five seconds)
Right, you can already do this, have you tried it out?

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
My favorite items I have ever crafted was the Celestial Observatory and the Watchtower Hall. Back then, they were a significant challenge and I loved the idea of having to spend the time and effort on each ingredient in order to make the finished project. Very rewarding!

One thing that I would change about crafting is to allow us to brew potions and elixirs. These elixirs will be brand new, similar to the ones sold in Mirage. They should be medium-hard difficulty to craft and have a unique effect with a long duration, such as 1 day to 1 week. For some of the combat-related ones, they can scale based on level with different recipes. Of course, these are no-pvp. Some examples of effects are:
  1. Large flat damage or resist boost
  2. A few percentage of damage accuracy, pips, resist or pierce
  3. Additional critical rating or block rating
  4. 20% gold boost or xp boost
  5. 10-20% additional speed boost
  6. Unique transformations
  7. Incoming/outgoing healing boost
  8. Pet training xp boost
  9. 10% accelerated energy gain
  10. Increased backpack space (+20-50 backpack space for both members and non-members)
  11. 50% chance to find an additional reagent when harvesting reagents
  12. 5% chance at double rewards from harvesting plants
  13. 100% chance to gain one additional pet snack, reagent or treasure card from battles based on enemy loot table
  14. 20% chance to gain one additional seed, housing item, or gear from battles based on enemy loot table
  15. 3% chance to gain one additional jewel from battles based on enemy loot table
  16. 10-20% increased fishing luck
  17. Fish will not be scared away when you get close to them (Except for sentinels)
  18. 50% more animus collected
  19. Double the badge progression from defeating enemies
  20. Unique item cards added to your spell deck while the elixir is active (no-pvp)

Adding a new brewing system would be very interesting. Each day or week we can gather ingredients and pick out a unique effect that sets us apart from the rest. You could introduce a new side quest to introduce the new system and make a new brewing crafting table.