Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-6-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! It's another 7 days closer to summer, and it's also time for another Feedback Friday. What a great day!

Today, let's talk about wands. Do you have a favorite wand you stitch over and over to retain its appearance? If so, which one is it? If not, what wand are you currently using?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Enjoy the sun, I know I certainly will!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
Here is an idea kingsisle should make two dagger/sword (assassin style) wand. When you run there also should be an option between carrying it in hands or on the back (crossed).

Reply if you think its a good idea or not so good

Thank you

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Favorite wand, effects: Fire Iron Hasta. Just can't beat +10% universal damage.
Favorite wand, appearance: Reliquary Blade. Despite the name, this thing looks like a big hammer, which seems cool to me.

I'm running a level 50 storm, so there are no doubt cool higher level wands I haven't seen yet.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I don't have much crowns, so I don't use them on stitching items. But when I have lots of crowns and could, my favorite wand to use for an apperance would definately be the Sword of Kings.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Right now, I'm using Zeus' Lightning Striker.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I don't always stitch to the same thing, but I usually like a wand or staff, not a sword or other weapon. Likewise, i want a robe, cloak, or cape, not armor. I'm a wizard using magic, not hacking things with blades. I'd love more nice looking staffs and wands.

Two exceptions: my Norse Ice wiz (broadsword or axe), and my big life who was a cavalry medic and wears a uniform & saber. Yes, I have a story & theme for every char - part of the fun.

When Ninja101 comes out, I'll gladly carry a Katana ;) and a Claymore for Knight101

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Hello, Wizards! It's another 7 days closer to summer, and it's also time for another Feedback Friday. What a great day!

Today, let's talk about wands. Do you have a favorite wand you stitch over and over to retain its appearance? If so, which one is it? If not, what wand are you currently using?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Enjoy the sun, I know I certainly will!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Generally, I like to use the Steelwielder's Mineblade for stitching or, if I have the tickets to buy it, the low tier wand available from Brandon Mistborn.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Yes, I most definitely do have a favorite appearance wand for my Balance. The colors I choose to represent balance are; light purple, tan, and black. I was always looking for a wand with the purple balance shimmer until I found Goldenbeak. Goldenbeak has been stitched to SO many wands including the hades staff and the max level crowns attack wands, but it started before that. It really adds something special and a little more unique to my look and even play. Same goes for my favorite death wand, The Umbra Blade. I love the look and the colors for my Death wiz. Sadly, my myth wiz has not really found that perfect wand. My wizards are always looking for something cool to stitch and we have also stitched the viridian charged wand to a glowing jade blade and the root of spring to a cool clover staff. Haha, the list Does go on. Changing the appearance of the wizard definitely adds to the game for me and my kids.

Amber Raven Song, Max

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I would have to say that I really like bows, especially for the wand attack. Maybe an update to stitching that will cause the wand attack's animation to be based on the appearance, rather than the stats?

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I any that has some cool animation of smoke/fire/shadows/sparkles coming off of it, but I also love the lute wands. I just feel awesome using those :) the aquilan gladius and shield is also very cool.
Grace

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
It depends on the look of my wizard. My ice is in the Guardian's Outfit, so he uses the Umbra Blade look. My death is using Terminus. My myth is going for the old-timey wizard, and uses Staff of Legends appearance. Depends on the wizard.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I haven't really stitched my wands yet, but my hat and shoes are commonly stitched and unstitched to the "Cha-Cha" and "Pop's O'Leary Shoes"
Miranda "Persist through life" Dreamsong

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I'm using my frosty stare tiki torch for the stats, and my unkind axe of winter for the appearance. (Myth )

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Hingen's staff of egoism is what i am currently using. I have seen a lot of wands and this one is the only one that has caught my .

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Zeus' Lightning Bolt, because I am storm, and I also like to use the thunder cloud as a mount.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I'm torn between the WarAxe of Old Times and Avalanche's Legendary Cutlass on my Balance.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
i like glowing staffs like the Fog staff and Amaranthine.

Administrator
Thanks everyone! I'll pass this along to the staff. New Feedback Friday shortly!

The lightning bolt is one of my favorites too, on internal servers, that's a permanent fixture on one of my testing characters! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea