Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-13-14

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
I open the chests every once in awhile. I don't believe I've gotten anything I've needed ever either. I'll open them once or twice but that is it. Never understood why some cost more than others. IE some costs 50c at first and some 75c. Like many others I would love to see chests in all the long dungeons (dungeons that run 2-3hrs for a single run) Also as others have stated, it would be nice to have the drop rate go up on those chests so I may actually get something worth spending my crowns on.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Professor Falmea on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
The temperature is climbing out there, and so are my spirits! It's also Friday, so that makes me one happy Fire Professor!

Today, let's chat about second chance chests. Do you use them, or do you prefer to just run the dungeon again? Are there any second chance chests you use over others?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I never use them. waste of crowns, that I could put towards seeds for gardening, packs, pets etc. I just farm stuff over and over. I never miss a chance when a friend asks me to farm mirror lake in zafaria for example. I wouldn't miss a chance with waterworks either but when friends call I'm invariably in a dungeon of my own. I'm soon going to be spending an obscene amount of time in tartarus though, since I finally got up to level 90.

Connor

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I usually don't use second chance chests - I'm admittedly extremely parsimonious when it comes to spending crowns. However, if we could draw from the chests by spending gold (e.g., 5000 gold per draw with increases in 2500 gold increments), I would definitely use them more!

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Never used coins for anything else than unlocking areas and buying a mount so far. Not intending to waste coins on chests ever probably. If I want to get something I'll do it from farming bosses/instances. Don't really now what their drops are though so its probably just general farming hoping for good drops :)
I mostly just do quests instead of farming bosses atm though.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
the only really important farming dungeon that has it is malistaire cause for example the best gear for lvls comes from
waterworks
tartarus
morganthe
but for all of those there is no second chance chest so the dungeons that do have them usually drop pretty terrible gear in comparrison to the ones listed above so for me i never use them and probably never will

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I almost always run the dungeon over again unless it is the Loremaster. I always have good luck with her second chance chest.

Daniel MistRider

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Never again. I don't believe in gambling. The times i have tried the chests or buying packs I got nothing good and I felt like a fool for trying. I don't mind paying for something if I know what I am getting, but won't waste any more money on long shot bets. No more chests or packs for me.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I have used them a couple of times. But generally, no, I don't use them. They are basically a waste of crowns.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
balancepyromancer on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
I almost always run the dungeon over again unless it is the Loremaster. I always have good luck with her second chance chest.

Daniel MistRider
Unless the second chance chest for her gives up the spells I want...nah. Good grief she's stingy with the spell drops.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
TheCurlyWolf on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Unless the second chance chest for her gives up the spells I want...nah. Good grief she's stingy with the spell drops.
Loremaster seems worse. IDK if the rate has gone down or my luck has run out, but can't seem to get anything now. I made the mistake of throwning in 50 crowns for junk, reminding me why I usually skip chests.

So no.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cupcake Cutie on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I usually don't use second chance chests - I'm admittedly extremely parsimonious when it comes to spending crowns. However, if we could draw from the chests by spending gold (e.g., 5000 gold per draw with increases in 2500 gold increments), I would definitely use them more!
I have only used the chests a handful of times, but this is an awesome idea; I'd bite, since I rarely (if ever) get lucky with drops.

-von

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have spent a considerable amount in second chance chests. The ones I used most are in dungeons that would take a very long time to complete a second, third, fourth, fifth round. The items I was hoping to get were the various katana wands in Mooshu (e.g., War Oni), as well as hats/robes/boots with school prints in Marleybone (e.g., Dr. Katzenstein's Lab, or the Big Ben milk boss).

I have also spent a bit in the Loremaster second chance chest, since the first couple of draws cost considerably less than buying a card pack.

Administrator
Thanks for your feedback, everyone. We'll discuss this one at the office! A new Feedback Friday will be posted shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea