Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 5-3-13

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
How an house that looked like the fairgrounds? The main building would be a HUGE tent and then smaller ones around it. The tents would be shops. A Hat Tent, Robe Tent, Shoe Tent, Athame Tent, Amulet Tent, Ring Tent.. Even Pet Snacks Tent and Housing Furniture Tent. Gardening Tent. This way you wont have to go to bazaar. You can sell and buy anything right from your home!

The main building could be the bazaar where you can buy various of things that you cannot find at regular shops/tents.

PS: Can you make a transportthingy like P101 did, but make it that we can craft one and place it in our house and any and all houses we have will be automatically listed on it. This would enable us to be able to travel to any house without the need of multiple transporters. Would save room!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
I'm all for the idea of a pet house. I'd like to see a feeding station that would let you feed petsnacks to pets without having to go play with of the (insert negative term here) games.

Granted, I know there are people that like those games (I'm sure there have to be at least one or two) but I hate them, and everyone I've talked to just wants to be able to feed snacks to their pets without having to deal with the game.

So in this house, there would be a special area for the pet with a pet food bowl and water bowl, and maybe a sleeping mat or bed or something. you'd click on the food bowl and it would let you select a snack from your bank, your inventory or your shared bank to feed to any of the pets you have in your inventory, bank, or shared bank.

Defender
May 03, 2009
Gabriel 1 savage p... on May 5, 2013 wrote:
i think a non-crafting celestia house would be cool. i also want so bad to have an auto training house, like, maybe you could use a few crowns and it lvls up your pet some! then i could also have thing so when i'm off questing then my house is training (and bathing) my pet!

what i'd like
-gabriel ashcaller
It would probably cost ALLOT of crowns. Like 13,000 or more every time it trains. What would the bathing do? It might be able to make your pet like +2 pet experience every time you train. There could be a pet shower in Pet Pavilion so you wash and then go train your pet. It would last for like one or two hours and let's say you just washed your pet and got +4 pet experience because you did the maze game and collecting 70 or more snacks. It would then become +6 because the pet is happy it just got washed (maybe even +3 xp for storm pets because storm=water) then you do a pet snack (regular not mega.) and it is +2. But it is a cereal and your pet loves cereal. +1. But your pet is fire and it is a fire cereal. +1 more pet xp. So 6+4=10. 10 xp every time you train after washing a pet. And it might even cost 800 gold to wash. I'd pay for it if it was 2,000. It might even cost 100 crowns.

A non-crafting Celestia house? Hmm. I never liked the crafting one to begin with but AFTER I looked at it I bought it 'cause I wanted a PvP arena. Then I look at my ingredients. I gave up after that. I'd like a non-crafting Celestia house but I have 5 houses so I think I'm O.K. I'd buy it on my next character, if I get her to lvl 15+. I'm gonna try to imagine the new Celestia non-crafting house. You walk into a Celestia base camp-like area. There is a dome overhead and lots of kelp. (I'd walk up and try to harvest it, but it won't work.) I look over and see a machine. (Like that one in the Cl base camp that had a spinning point at the end.) There is also a portal (like the one to the District of the stars). It takes you to a mini room that's resembles the Trial of Spheres (I'm not touching that portal.) The house is a submarine and has a door like that on a submarine. If you go through it you will be taken inside. The inside has a control panel like a submarine and you can actually move the submarine. There is space for a bed and some dining-like materials (table, chairs, sarcastic French waiter.) There is also a phone maybe where you can click on it and a Marleybonian comes to help you. He will stand at the control panel and if you click on him he will steer the submarine in a circle to help you get a tour of the house. I really can't think of anything else but maybe you could have an area where you can place pets outside (like the platform in Cl base camp that Eloise and Zeke are standing on, and it is near the entrance to the Stormriven place.) It would be surrounded by an air bubble or dome and if you are like me and hate having your pets move to other rooms that you don't want them in, you can press 'x' while at the ramp and it would slowly move upward and your pets would be safely in the air bubble or ramp and they could move around.

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Paige MoonShade on May 5, 2013 wrote:
@Aedan11 You have some of those most interesting ideas!

How about fishing? You would be able to sit at your house and fish for regents or pet snacks? You could get commons to the rares of each.

I saw a idea posted about build a house. You could have the land pick of your choice and then have square, rectangle,oval, ect... shaped buildings you could add to make your house.
Thank you so much! Paige Moonshade -

and I Love that idea of the fishing! Somewhere someone else has asked for that, too, so maybe we'll get it

The Pet House/Castle could yield all kinds of snacks with a higher chance of Mega drops than the bosses we farm and the Crafter's Lodge could yield the reagents most statistically difficult to obtain for the crafting. (Somewhere there is a computer that knows the recipes we've bought and the reagents we have... so it must be able to calculate it for the whole game and know what there is a lack of.) And the Kinkade Style Garden House could yield seeds!

And I remember that one about the build-a-block houses it was in Re: Feedback Friday 7-27-12 about our ideas for new houses and castles. I hope they do it as it would be great fun and very popular, I'm sure.

oh and TY KI for coming out with a house - in the Red Farm House - that is actually much larger inside than it looks from the outside. I still wish I could get to that cute little dorm window on top - but I love the lay out of the Farm House so much I don't even care.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
I would like to be able to have Health, and Mana wisp in my home, or even possibly a fishing game for training pets!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Kinkade Style Garden House pt. 3

Some Crown Add-On Items or Items for Gardener's

* Someone else in a past post had a great idea
Scarecrow - that reduces or eliminates the risk of pests

* Fairy House - like a bird house - that draws and keeps Pixie's at your garden

* Beehive you can set near your garden that would prevent the Bee Need

* Marigold Seeds or Plants - that prevents the Pest Needs

* Rain Tree that you could sit near the garden that causes periodic rain showers and prevents the Water Need.

* Sun Flowers you set near the garden which prevent the Sun Need

*Magic Flute - which floats about like the Book Pet - & plays magical music that prevents the Music Need

*Magician Gnome - like the Tropical Gnome - but he roams about periodically casting spells preventing the Magic Need.

These Crown Items would be very popular with Gardeners that either wanted to garden on their lower characters but really don't have the Energy for the more demanding gardens or Gardeners who also love pet work. I would want one of each for every one of my characters as it would eliminate the frustration of waiting for my garden to elder out so I have energy to train with. I could garden constantly and still train pets.

* The Prepared Garden Bed could also be an add-on item if it was created like the ornamental one we already have. It would function the same way as the built in one in the new house, but be purchasable by players who hadn't bought the Kinkade style house. It would only count as one item and allow you to plant in it 77 small, medium or large seeds - (assuming the game limit for spell effect is still 77 plants.) We'd only use 78 item slots if we maxed out the garden + adding in the Likes. It would be the same size as the one in back of the Red Farm House.

* The Gardeners Shed, Work Bench & Dedicated Shared Bank could all be Add - On Items, actually. You'd just have to buy one of the dedicated banks for each character you wanted to use it.

end
sry the "edit" button is gone - idk why.

I wanted to add to this:

* Guardian Pixie - a special gardening pixie that lives at your house (not exactly a pet) who watches over all the plants inside and outside and her only job is that if you were away too long and your plant needs would have killed your plants - you don't have to do Revive to restore them - she actually prevents the Progress to Dead and makes them go dormant and all you have to do when you do come back is throw on all the plant need spells.

This is a good idea because if you have more than one plant Revive is really harsh. I run 31 plant gardens - if I was still in school and had to study for finals, or there was ever a family emergency and I was late - I'd be sunk on the garden.

It would be very nice if it was fixed so that if people who didn't have her yet, but came back and found their garden dead - they could buy her even then and add her to that castle and she'd still put all the plants everywhere back to Seedlings. I'm sure people would buy her just for that correct that incident and then have insurance.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
Calamity PixieShad... on May 3, 2013 wrote:
A shot for the moon idea

A pet palace! It could be a house that helped train your pets! Like one XP a day each for up to 50 pets. That way those pets I never get around to training would be leveling and after a year they would be adult! :D. (A little crazy? .... Probably)

Or just a house with pet training kiosks! :D

I love the tapestries I'd love to see more (although that is a housing item not a house)

Just my two cents!

Calamity PixieShade, Level 90 Myth
I know it is not friday any more but Wow i absolutely love your idea! A pet palace would be perfect. I have so many pets that it is filling my houses up :)

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
tanda1 on May 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm all for the idea of a pet house. I'd like to see a feeding station that would let you feed petsnacks to pets without having to go play with of the (insert negative term here) games.

Granted, I know there are people that like those games (I'm sure there have to be at least one or two) but I hate them, and everyone I've talked to just wants to be able to feed snacks to their pets without having to deal with the game.

So in this house, there would be a special area for the pet with a pet food bowl and water bowl, and maybe a sleeping mat or bed or something. you'd click on the food bowl and it would let you select a snack from your bank, your inventory or your shared bank to feed to any of the pets you have in your inventory, bank, or shared bank.
I totally agree - I just never dreamed we'd get something so easy lol - that's why I asked for a crown operated kiosk or paddock - maybe if we paid for the privilege we'd get there.

But, yes, please - please , let us just feed pets in the Pet House.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
> Pet Castle – pet count limit on inside and outside is as high as it can possibly be. Even if that requires a lessening of the total objects allowed.

1. So? The idea of this house is to be a pet place. Ideally you wouldn't put anything into it at all other than pets

2. no it doesn't. Just requires KI lifting the cap on the number of objects. Which they probably won't do but certainly could.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Since you have a tornado in the red barn already, why not make it a full blown storm with "occasional" lightning that kills level 1 bugs or sometimes rains to water the plants? It can be a house near the North Pole that snows a lot and may act like the "deep freeze" spell to rid of level 1-3 pests. And when its in the tropics where its SUNny, well I think you know what i mean already.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
tanda1 on May 6, 2013 wrote:
> Pet Castle – pet count limit on inside and outside is as high as it can possibly be. Even if that requires a lessening of the total objects allowed.

1. So? The idea of this house is to be a pet place. Ideally you wouldn't put anything into it at all other than pets

2. no it doesn't. Just requires KI lifting the cap on the number of objects. Which they probably won't do but certainly could.
I just think most people would like a castle/house to decorate and have as their primary house - but was set up (however was necessary) to accommodate a much larger number of pets. In that case they might wish to have a normal house to play with, but be satisfied to have fewer item slots - if they had a lot more pet slots.

Also, I don't know much about programming so I have no idea how hard it would be for KI to expand the total number of item or pet slots. I only know that requests for these two things are all over the boards and it's still not happened. So I thought maybe a way to get more pet slots would be if we sacrificed item slots - or now that I think of it - sacrificed the ability to garden at all. The gardens are a lot of animation - maybe that would make a difference.

My absolute ideal would be to have the ability to buy any house I liked best and add on to that main house a doorway that lead to any yard I wanted. In the Feedback Friday 7-27-12 I called them Just The Yard Doors and said they’d be like the portals we have now in that they’d take us to different yards. But be like our ornamental “pet door” in that the Just The Yard Door wouldn’t take up any floor space and could be styled to go with a houses decor. The most important thing about it was that it’s not a house or any buildings – just doors to yards. I could have my lovely Red Farm House for decorating and gardening and then I could buy 4 Just The Yard Doors and place them on any wall and enter into a yard space for pets or more gardening that would accept say 100+ pets/plants. No buildings – just landscaped space to sort my pets in or have an extra garden or 3D storage space when my Attic was full – or whatever.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Kinkade Style Garden House pt. 3

Some Crown Add-On Items or Items for Gardener's

* Someone else in a past post had a great idea
Scarecrow - that reduces or eliminates the risk of pests

* Fairy House - like a bird house - that draws and keeps Pixie's at your garden

* Beehive you can set near your garden that would prevent the Bee Need

* Marigold Seeds or Plants - that prevents the Pest Needs

* Rain Tree that you could sit near the garden that causes periodic rain showers and prevents the Water Need.

* Sun Flowers you set near the garden which prevent the Sun Need

*Magic Flute - which floats about like the Book Pet - & plays magical music that prevents the Music Need

*Magician Gnome - like the Tropical Gnome - but he roams about periodically casting spells preventing the Magic Need.

These Crown Items would be very popular with Gardeners that either wanted to garden on their lower characters but really don't have the Energy for the more demanding gardens or Gardeners who also love pet work. I would want one of each for every one of my characters as it would eliminate the frustration of waiting for my garden to elder out so I have energy to train with. I could garden constantly and still train pets.

* The Prepared Garden Bed could also be an add-on item if it was created like the ornamental one we already have. It would function the same way as the built in one in the new house, but be purchasable by players who hadn't bought the Kinkade style house. It would only count as one item and allow you to plant in it 77 small, medium or large seeds - (assuming the game limit for spell effect is still 77 plants.) We'd only use 78 item slots if we maxed out the garden + adding in the Likes. It would be the same size as the one in back of the Red Farm House.

* The Gardeners Shed, Work Bench & Dedicated Shared Bank could all be Add - On Items, actually. You'd just have to buy one of the dedicated banks for each character you wanted to use it.

end
THIS. Everything in this post would be awesome!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
These are some great ideas. I just want to second a few of them. Yes, please, a pet house where we can train our pets and maybe have our energy fill faster (and oh man, if we could avoid the games to feed them snacks, that would be soooo nice.) And wisps at the house so your health fills up faster than just standing there. I would love a dungeon at my house that maybe doesn't give XP but would give drops worth having like amber. I would play that dungeon all day if I could amber from it lol.

I'd also like a house where I can place gear into a closet or something. Right now I have 3-4 houses on each of my six wizards to store housing items, holiday items, pets, and mounts. But my banks and backpacks still stay pretty full from all the gear. I don't want to get rid of most of it because it's either crown or craft gear and I might decide to get rid of a wizard and start over again someday, but there's nowhere to put all that stuff.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Wintercull Said:

I'd also like a house where I can place gear into a closet or something. Right now I have 3-4 houses on each of my six wizards to store housing items, holiday items, pets, and mounts. But my banks and backpacks still stay pretty full from all the gear. I don't want to get rid of most of it because it's either crown or craft gear and I might decide to get rid of a wizard and start over again someday, but there's nowhere to put all that stuff.

How did I forget?!?

I wish there was a walk in closet that had the hanging stands with shelves for hats and boots, like in the Bazaar. The Walk In Closet would come with 2 of the clothes stands and we could buy more to add in there. But unlike the Bazaar one - it wouldn't be ornamental. We could hang whole outfits together - and see them. Our PVP and Pet/Garden Gear, obviously, but also sets that we've stitched and dyed to be outfits. We could see them together as a unit and just click on them to pick up, like furniture. The Clothing Stand slots would have to be limited by how many you could picture on a stand and show like a 3/4 view of the outfit. But it would have to be like 3, 6, 9 or 12 pieces (for whole outfits) with an extra set of shelves on the end for odd hats and boots that go with like 3 outfits.

Technically I'm talking about an additional room and additional item slots - just with a less flexible way to use the slots. But please - please, don't take it off the already hard 250 items. Just make it like our bank - a separate 100 count possible. So maybe we have 3 Clothing Stands with 6 outfits + 3 extra hats & boots (think holidays if nothing else.) That's 72 items + 3 Clothing Stands + Floor + Walls + the Avalon Mirror + a Settee...21 items to work with left. Maybe a couple pets, the ornamental dresser & armoir, a trunk or two, etc.

Only -- could it be coded so it was an add on for any house? So if we are finally happy with a house we don't have to sacrifice. OH a Just The Closet Door

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
P.S. on the Walk In Closet, Clothing Stands and Just the Closet Doors -

I said we could see outfits "as a unit" I didn't mean that they would be actual units and you had to pick it up as a whole 3 piece set. You should still be able to mix and match if you wanted and therefore would have to be able to click each individual piece and hover for the item name and stats, before picking it up - like with the gardening.

I thought of the Just the Closet Doors as I was writing - but after thinking about it I like it best, because you could definitely keep any favorite house - and - get the closet, plus you cold have multiple closets a couple for your best all school gear and a couple for your best school only gear or the good old stuff you outgrew but are saving for new wizards.

I also forgot there should be a Jewelry Box that holds amulets and rings. The wands already go on walls.

Oh and please make it have a pretty bright window, so it's a nice cheery room.

Thanks again. A

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Helenie Nightseer on May 10, 2013 wrote:
P.S. on the Walk In Closet, Clothing Stands and Just the Closet Doors -

I said we could see outfits "as a unit" I didn't mean that they would be actual units and you had to pick it up as a whole 3 piece set. You should still be able to mix and match if you wanted and therefore would have to be able to click each individual piece and hover for the item name and stats, before picking it up - like with the gardening.

I thought of the Just the Closet Doors as I was writing - but after thinking about it I like it best, because you could definitely keep any favorite house - and - get the closet, plus you cold have multiple closets a couple for your best all school gear and a couple for your best school only gear or the good old stuff you outgrew but are saving for new wizards.

I also forgot there should be a Jewelry Box that holds amulets and rings. The wands already go on walls.

Oh and please make it have a pretty bright window, so it's a nice cheery room.

Thanks again. A
You know there are mannequins that you can craft to hold gear. You can have 7 male and 7 female mannequins in your house at a time and each displays a hate, robe, and boots.

Info can be found here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Female_Mannequin

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Male_Mannequin

Administrator
@finnigan1961 - Thanks for the report, I'll ask our quality assurance Wizards to take a peek at that.

Everyone, thanks for the great ideas. There are certain some popular themes here (pet house, crafter house), and I'll make sure to share them all with the team to brainstorm for future houses.

A new Feedback Friday shall be up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea