Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-16-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Once again, it's that great day we call Friday, and as such, let's chat!

Today, let's focus our attention on side quests. Do you do side quests, or stick to main quests? If you only do them sometimes, what makes you skip a quest or complete it? Does it depend on the reward? Does it depend on if they're interesting? Does it depend on who you're playing with or how much time you have?

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts! Have a great Friday and a warm and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I generally accept the side quests but skip doing it until the next level upgrade or do it all but skip the last step to collect. The game gives too much XP to level ratio in the later worlds. We are always maxed out on level long before finishing the next world even skipping the sides. There seems little point in doing sides when we get no level XP for them.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Main quests. I used to do all quests including main quests, but now I only do side quests after I finish all the main quests in each world. I rarely (but not never) do side quests if I'm waiting for someone or if I walk by the quest goal (unless it's enemies/bosses), or if the quest goal just happens to be the same as the main quest.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Hello Professor! I always take side quests. It's more the fact I love getting badges and stuff like that. Also, I like to do them to get more exp. In Pirate101, I did the side quests there too, so when I get to the main story I can be at a level advantage to my opponents. Same thing applies here. And could you also make the main quest more obvious in the quest journal. Because i'm a side quester, I have tons of them in my journal at all times and it's confusing to look for the main quest. If you could like add it as the first quest in the log or make a little symbol in the corner like Pirate101, that would be great! Thanks!

Samuel LightTamer 28

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
There are many benefits to completing the side quests in a zone while progressing through the main story line in Wizard101.

Some of the more obvious benefits are:

Additional Experience Points, gold,

Better gear options every fifth level, up to level 50, and every two levels thereafter, while shopping in the Bazaar.

Additional Health and Mana assisting in the victory at the end of a duel.

Higher Pip spell choices as one reaches the appropriate level and is given a Training Point, or is directed to see a main story line NPC (Non-Player Character).

Other various rewards such as pets, crafting reagents, housing items.

There are several more and I will allow others to explain them. Although side quests may seem tedious and unnecessary to many, I would much rather enter a new zone with at least one new spell and above average gear than to enter at the minimum level requirement.

To each their own, and best of luck to all in and out of the Spiral

Gabriel

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
most of the time i stick on the main quest because i want to get unlock new worlds in a early level. i barley do the side quest. only if the side quest looks interesting and is challenging. sometimes i do the side quest for more x.p of fore more gold.

KaneFireRider lvl.36

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
It entirely depends. If it's interesting or I'm in the mood, I'll do it. I try to pick up every one I can.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
I do all quests, both main and side, as questing is what i love most about this game. I find all quests to be both funny and entertaining, and they always come with a special twist :)
However in KH2 i have been saving some of my side quests because there will be some time until the next world is out, so i wanna do them at a slower pace to make the fun last longer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Yeah I do side quests, I mostly get the quest and do it until i run into a goal to fight something. Then i do the main quest line until and if i complete a goal in a side quest, I repeat the process.

And if a side quest sends me to a boss, I do that boss if the main quest wants me to defeat the minion. Go ahead steal my strategy, I don't mind.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I normally skip side quests when my lvl is limited so i dont waste getting the xp points once the cap is raised again. For example if i am lvl 67 and the cap is 70, i stop doing side quests and finish the main so that i wont get to lvl 70 doing side quest and then waste all the xp given on the main quests.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
Main quests!
Most of the side quests have a fairly short storyline, and rather tedious tasks. Put more bosses in side quests! :)

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Professor Falmea on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Once again, it's that great day we call Friday, and as such, let's chat!

Today, let's focus our attention on side quests. Do you do side quests, or stick to main quests? If you only do them sometimes, what makes you skip a quest or complete it? Does it depend on the reward? Does it depend on if they're interesting? Does it depend on who you're playing with or how much time you have?

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts! Have a great Friday and a warm and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I do all quests, even sides, all at same time. I don't focus only on main quests. However, with the release of part two of Khrysalis, I only did main to be one of the first people to finish saga two. I will go back and do side quests. Aside from the side quests in Khrysalis part two, I have done every single quest in the game. I guess it is an OCD of mine.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
I do both main and side quests up until Zafaria (Not Sunken City, Tomb of the Beguiler or Kensington Park.) After that I only do the main quests.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I do all the quests. Sometimes I'll let a quest sit in my book five and a half forevers, but I use the quest finder to make sure I don't miss anything.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
(Sorry double post) on a side note: I'd like the lost pages to be permanent.

Defender
May 11, 2012
I do all quests as they come up and I am able. When I first started the game a couple of years ago, I didn't know there was a difference between main and side quests. Sometimes a side quest is the only thing I can do, because the main quests and dungeons have gotten way too hard. To me, a quest is a quest. They are a part of the game, so why not do them.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79 (still at the mercy of the Jabberwocky)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
My first wiz did every side as I got to them. I'm glad in a way, as I got to know the game very well, but it was slow going. The next few that I leveled picked up most sides, but didn't do them all right away. This worked out better, as often the things you need to defeat come up in the main line too, so it is more efficient to do the main and finish sides as they become convenient.

I now consciously skip a few of the annoying "errand boy" side quests, especially in Marlybone, but I still do most eventually.

Azteca is a problem. I have unfinished sides there that I would like to do, but now it is so awful with the falling ice I can't stand to go back there. Next time I will wait to do Xi until the sides are all done, as that world becomes unplayable for me once the sky falls.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I do all the quests. Usually I will do them as I complete each world and won't continue until every quest in that world is finished. Yes, I am sort of OCD when it comes to completing every quests.

The only quests I don't do right away are Sunken City, Tomb of the Beguiler, Kensington Park, Tower of the Helephant, and Swimming with the Stars. I usually wait until I am extremely bored before doing those.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I do both, but I don't do all side quests. After learning which you can 'stack' with others, and which are just too tedious to bother with, I'm fairly selective in my side quests. I do all side quests in Marleybone though... just to level up or to pass the time while waiting for enough time to do Big Ben. :)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I pick up and do all the quests, including sides. Honestly, there is plenty of XP in the worlds that come out, that I don't worry about ending the current content at the level cap. I don't think of it as a waste of XP, especially if I'm enjoying the game.

I've tried not to pick up some of the more annoying side quests, but because I'm a little bit OCD, I can't run by them without picking up that yellow exclamation .... LOL

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
I do ALL side quests eventually. The order I do them in depends on the difficulty.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
i only do main quests because i think the side quests are a waist of time, i think i might have to to do some side quest to get to level 100, i am currently level 87 in the pitch black lake in azteca, so idk if i will make it to level 100 without sidequests

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Main quests and some side quests.
I generally am careful to not pick them up because I can't delete them out of my questbook.
If I need a level up, I just go look for side quests.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I like to do sides. I skip some of the ones in Marlybone because that place just drags on doing them all. The other worlds are OK.