Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which is your favorite new hairstyle?

The Housemartin
24% [14]
The Kestrel
17% [10]
The Martlet
20% [12]
The Owl
25% [15]
The Swan
12% [7]

Feedback Friday 4-26-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Professor Falmea is still enjoying herself in the sun, but she'll be back next week to take up the torch again for Feedback Fridays. In the meantime, I'll continue to fill in for her as substitute teacher.

As many of you know, we made some rather major updates to the game, and we'll be discussing them over the next few weeks in our Feedback Fridays. There have been some very interesting and rather heated discussions this week, so let's start with something a little lighthearted and fun.

Poll: Which is your favorite new hairstyle?

Back in October, we asked you about hairstyles, and now that you've seen the ones we added, we want to ask you this question again.

Feedback: And what new hairstyles (and accessories) would you like to see added?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Mar 05, 2009
I like the Martlet (the one with the daisy headband for girls, goggles for boys) but my girl wizards are tomboys, so I really wish girls could get the goggles too.

I'd definitely like to see longer hairstyles for both genders, the pigtails for girls (especially with goggles!), and maybe one with a long braided ponytail.

- Sierra Starsong, lvl 80 Ice (currently with long straight white hair)

Community Leader
I would love some of the anime styles. for girls Long hair pig tails or draped in back. Ribbons or each pony tail or sunglasses. Boys Spiky like short or long like the anime ones. There could even people school related. Storm be all spraky, flames for fire, ect...

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
It would be cool if we could use the hairstyles we choose in the beginning when we create our wizard. Also being able to dye them to a different color would be nice.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
I love the Housemartin and the Owl. I would really like to see the original styles without hats as well.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Something slightly crazy, like variations on the theme of spiky hair. Another thing might be an aisan ponytail, perhaps made so that you can choose the color of the the band, thing by selecting "trim color"

As for accesories, a headband for boys and a hairbow for girls are just about the only things I can think of that don't really qualify as a hat.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2012
I think that it would be REALLY cool if you guys made curly, long, hair for girls. I really like the long hair for girls and I think it would be very popular.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Emily LifeBright here.

As a girl, I have been a little disapointed (not too much) with the hair styles for us ladies.

I understand that you cannot create all of the real ones in real life that exsists, but we didnt see a long one or a curly one (long + curly included).

That being said, I love them so far.

As of April 24, you have made tons of wizards happy with this update - me included. :)

Emily

PS - I will be replacing Alejandro for the next few weeks, just like Professor Greyrose does to Professor Falmea. :)

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
I would like to see the hairstyles when we first create a wizard available to use for both boys and girls, just obviously without the hat. I'd also like to see some longer hairstyles for the girls and maybe some cool hairstyles like mohawks, spikey hair, etc. for the guys and maybe even the girls. I'm not sure if this was changed from test realm, but it would be nice to be able to dye the hairstyles after we buy them too. :)

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
These are some school hairstyles i would like to see (for girls):

Death: Something like straight black hair with neon green or blue highlights and would sell in the crown shop for 350 crowns

Life: Shoulder length wavy hair with leaf green tips.

Myth:Over the shoulder braids black, blue, or yellow.

Ice: waist length white straight hair that has blue sparkles ( not so much though )

Fire: elbow length fire red hair with a rose behind the ear.

Storm: Purple housemartin hair with a yellow lightning bold to the side.

Balance: A blonde bun... Not very many details XD

All can be sold for 30 crowns in the crown shop. This is just an idea.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Since I'd need to spend crowns on hair, then more crowns stitching something with stats to it: I will say none of the above.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The only thing I want to see changed is that hairstyles can be worn under hats. I had hopes that this would be the case, but it's not.

AS it is now, a hairstyle has no stats and to wear one means losing all the bonuses that the hat provides. That mean hairstyles are very limited and pretty useless.

To make them actually work, fix the existing hat gear so that if a hairstyle is on a head, then the hair that comes with the hat is replaced by the hairstyle, and the hat shows over top of it - and allow the hat and hairstyle to both be worn at the same time.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
My favorite would be the Martlet. The new hair is great but they just don't have the same cartoon-organic style as the classic hair which bugs me.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
The only one I like is the one my wizards have had since being created, but I would like to be able to change hair color. That would be cool to go to the dye shop and change hair color as often as I want, and have it cost golds (and not crowns), just like changing the color of your hat, robe, and boots or pet! And change eye color too, like wearing color contacts!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
I so want twin ponytails with little ribbons on it for girls. please consider this. tyvm

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
I'd love to see a longer hairstyle for girls. Curly hair maybe?

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
I personally really liked the Owl. I use that hair style for two of my wizards and I really like the look. However I really liked the long hair they had when I first started the game. Suggestion? Long hair, maybe with a head band since I enjoy wearing head bands so much. Pony tails, not like the ones at the beginning where it sticks out at the back...but laying down flat on the back or even a braided pony tail. More shoulder length hair would be nice to see too. Perhaps, just an idea, but maybe animated hair where it moves when you move if that's not too hard for programming......also making the new hairstyles available at the beginning would be nice too! not just as hair, but with a hat as well because I think the Owl would look really nice under a hat from DS or MS

Community Leader
How about a really long hairstyle down to our ankles, but it's entirely braided? You can add vines or flowers or ribbons to it.

The only things I don't like about the hairstyles is that we can't add a hat to it. I'd love to stitch a hat onto the hair I got. Plus the shading of the color on the hairstyles is not that great. I dyed it red, but then under certain lighting, I look orange. Ewwwies.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love the 2 "bobs" and the Owl for girls. They all look great on the boys.

But I wish there'd been long wavy and long curly styles for both the girls and boys.
Think:
  • Jessica Rabbit when her hair falls so it's seen on both sides of her face (but not totally covering one eye)
  • All the Disney princesses especially:
  • ** Jasmine's long full ponytail tied in several places
  • ** Pocahontas' long thick semi straight hair - naturally out of her eyes
  • ** Belle's partial up-do with the side and back still down
  • ** Merida from Brave with her great abundant curls
For the boys they'd be adapted to jaw, shoulder and below the shoulder lengths both free and loosely tied back. Think: page boys, barbarians, Brave Heart, Lancelot, King Arthur, Lord of the Rings...

Honestly, I wish we could send in drawings and have them voted on. Like we did with the costumes a while back. Like maybe we could all pick our 6 favorites - since there are six wizards on an account. We could be required to log in so we cold only vote one time for the 6 faves. But I hope it wouldn't be limited to those with current memberships, since a wide variety of reasons have subscriptions drop periodically.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
OH ...... and .... while I really like these styles and hope for new ones I'd like better - see previous entry for Aedan11 -

I like the fact that we can stitch stat hats to hair and have no fashion hat on but not lose stats -

I just wish it was an option to go hat-less or with any hat with the new hair. I like the hats we have in game - I just wanted new hair. Though now I see it, I do like not wearing a hat at all. I just wish I could do both.

In a perfect world ...or Spiral...we'd have an updated Character Creation Menu that included a lot of new faces and new hair choices.

We'd also have a hair salon in the Shopping District where we could go and pay a fee to change our hair style and or color - as easily as we change or color a hat.

The stat item could be changed to hair - since probably everyone wants hair - and the hats could just be ornamental/optional.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
I'm sort of disappointed with the new hairstyles. Seeing that we have to spend so much buying them, plus stitiching...No. At least put the new hairstyles in the selection as well when you make your new wizard. Stitching stats to hair should cost gold at least..but not crowns. ridiculous.

As for more hairstyle ideas, I think long curly hair for girls. short and spikey for guys. some tints and highlights would be a nice addition.

Cheyenne Pearlgem
90 Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
I would like to see a spiked mowhawk for boys

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
I have to say that these hair styles are pretty cool, but pretty useless. Hair should be able to be dyed! Who wants to walk around with exactly the same hair and exactly the same color of hair? And really, it's not that hard to do, just take off the, "cannot be dyed" part.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
While none of the hairstyles match my wizard's individual style, I think they are really cute and have been a big hit, so far. I think a great idea would be to keep the existing hairstyle my character already has, but be able to transfer the stats from my hat to my existing hair style--the one being covered by the hat.