Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-10-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! Another week is winding down, so let's get on with a new topic.

Today, let's chat about our faithful companions, our pets, and the things they can do for us. Today, my question is this - If you could add a talent or power that doesn't currently exist to your favorite pet, what would it be? The sky's the limit, so think about what those trusty sidekicks could do to help you out.

My dear Wizards, have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy the lovely spring weather!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
+6% Shadow Pip chance please.

Or May-cast "fold my laundry". So I'd have more time to game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
  • Internal Battery - Reduces Energy regen time by 2.5 min. So non-members would regen at member rate 7.5 min, members would regen every 5 mins.

• Capacitor - Increases Energy Max by a % based off pet stats.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Professor Falmea on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! Another week is winding down, so let's get on with a new topic.

Today, let's chat about our faithful companions, our pets, and the things they can do for us. Today, my question is this - If you could add a talent or power that doesn't currently exist to your favorite pet, what would it be? The sky's the limit, so think about what those trusty sidekicks could do to help you out.

My dear Wizards, have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy the lovely spring weather!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Cheat Stealer. Cheats are reversed, so negative effects (attacks spells) are levied against the enemies (specifcally the caster when it's not an AE cheat spell) and positive effects (such as healing or shields) are granted to the pet handler(s). "No Taurus, I'm afraid Ervin looks terrible in those blades. I'll just keep them, take his shields, and he can face the wrath of the Bone Dragon when we fizzle." Some cheat reversals would be hard to figure out how the beneficiary package works if there are 4 wizards who all have pets with this talent. But I doubt it's one that'll get much consideration anyway, so I'm not too worried about the mechanics in that scenario.

Copy Cat. Doubles every blade and trap you put up, meaning the same damage modifier. You put up a +35 Sharpened Balanceblade, the pet puts one up as well. Put up a +25 regular Balanceblade, so does the pet. But the pet's blades and traps would be characterized as pet cards so all could be used together on the same attack.

Super Spell Proof. Provides Spell Proof effect for all allies in a battle.

Heck, Super every talent (Pip-o-Plenty, Defender, etc, etc) with the same attribute, provides the effect for all allies. Stackable as well, so if you have a party of 4 wizards and all of their pets have Super Spell Proof at +10, it's a +40 effect for the entire group.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
i would say fire critical to my velociraptor. ( so i can have double critical.)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You know me, I can't just do one. I couldn't decide among these:
  • "may enchant" pet talents, which can add Tough/Strong/Accurate/Sniper when an attack spell is used
  • slightly increase the rate of rare item drops (non-crowns only, no 2nd chance chests chests)
  • sharply increase the rate of non-healing "may cast" talents (e.g., Smoke Screen, Pierce)
  • improve your Shadow Pip chance by 1-4%

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Get bonus loot from defeating enemies? Like +%20 bonus loot from enemies.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Definitely the ability to earn xp points on their own! Maybe through pet quests?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I don't really have a new talent in mind, but I was thinking of maybe adding the selfish talent "Mega Hurry" onto a new first generation pet. The Patriotic Leprechaun is the only first generation pet that has it in it's pool, I believe, and it would be nice to have a couple other variety of pets that contain that talent.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Hmmm, may cast mass triage, or cool down? I've seen triage got a couple pets with it. but haven't seen the cool down or the mass. additional shadow pip percentages?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
May cast Bladestorm.
I think that would be an interesting choice.

Community Leader
May Cast = MC
Regular = Reg

MC & Reg Reflective talents - If someone attacks, the pet pretty much puts up a mirror and bounces it back at the caster.

MC & Reg Shadow damage (Pet adds damage)
MC & Reg Shadow resist (Pet adds resist)

MC Sun, Moon, Stars boosts (Like we already casted an aura for example on ourselves and our pet will BOOST the aura or we cast a spell, our pet stops it and adds its own damage, even for already enhanced cards)

MC & Reg temporary gear boosts (Pet adds resist, damage, etc to gear)

I keep wanting the pets to be more smarter & proactive. Most of the time their may casts are so low & I expect more from them. Their may cast ratio shouldn't be so low. Why train for talents that don't even really help at all anyway?

Why can't they help boost our auras, shields, bounce back spells for us? For instance, we put up a shield, the pet determines that it wants to boost our shield, so it casts a spell that increases our shield resist by 5, 10% or it determines that it wants to boost our CASTING spell's damage once we cast it. It can stop our spell & add 100 damage then lets it go to be cast.

I'm at the point where I wish that the pet wasn't limited to 5 talents. It should be a bit open ended & let us train the "mastery" of each talent. Or simply let us train "mastery" of each talent for our pets. For instance, I would love to be able to buy, yes buy, Unicorn Level 1 for the pet which is locked in. Then work with it to train its mastery of the talent. The higher the level, the higher the cast is.

I also want to be able to copy over talents if I want to without a hundred hatches if I'm in the mood for a different look of pet. I'm even willing to pay for this. It'd be like stitching pets.

Also I think I want better animations for my pets. Not sure. They look cute when they dance & all. But I'd love for them to jump in front of me into the duel circle and act like they're protecting us or enhancing our card. Something fun to watch.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
For lack of any interesting spells they could cast without messing up the owners strategy, I suggest shadow school stat boosts?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
I would like to see a may cast rebirth with an absorb of 300 to 400.
Talent that increases shadow pip chance.

One thing needs to be changed in Darkmoor is when a pet uses a may cast heal the enemies don't attack because of it another words allow the may cast heals.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
All great ideas, Kelsey.

Another might be to introduce a way to scale just how active the pet is. For instance, most dungeons I want my head to heal a bit. But, for some fights, you definitely don't! What if, while keeping the randomness of it all, I was able to "turn a nob" to increase my pet's alertness levels.... or decrease them? All non combat edits, to be sure.

It also would be cool if our pets could somehow interact with each other when in battle. They decided to get together and cast a multi-pet spell or something?

I garden a lot. Perhaps a Reg that would allow me to replant a defined space with a single seed set all at once? I've got a plot of 75 emp at my Barnhouse, with full likes. The replant every 4 or 5 days is intense. No reason a pet shouldn't help out around the house, no?

I like Kelsey's reflective talents idea... I think that should be investigated as perhaps the next enhance school (like sun, moon, star). What about tying it in with the gem crafting and sprockets? We could make a collar for our pet that contains a sprocketed gem that came from an intense level of crafting via a spiral wide month long collect quest that (while not farming Morganthe, Hades or Darkmoor 500 times between them *no lie* and still not getting a Divine Amulet or Morthganthe's Jewelry or that one last piece of Mali Gear) allowed for an Epic style quest to commence in order to discover the reflective enchantments needed to craft a special collar for your pet that you could then train in the stat set associated with reflective magic? I don't know... just spit balling here.

If a pet could summon a shadow pet or aura, that would be cool.

Also why not have a pet like a "bolt", potentially extremely powerful, but so random and unreliable as to be dangerous.

While we are on the topic... can I please farm, quest, or purchase a WhipTail Pantera for a mount? (*sorry, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask*)

Back to pets... how about a pet that could double as a mount?

Thanks!

Community Leader
I'd like to see:

The rest of Avalon Utility spells.

Supernova, Shift, Mass Infection, Mass Triage, Cooldown could all easily be added to the spell casts without it being an incredible problem.

Specific school-pierce boosts talents. We currently only have 2 talents that boost GENERAL pierce, given they're fairly low. I WOULD like to see a higher, school-specific pierce boost.

Double resist/damage talents. Perhaps a combination. A talent that boosts all elemental schools, all spirit schools, all moon based schools, all sun based schools and all star based schools? Lower percentage than the current ones I'd assume, but this could still be fair.

Obvious Shadow boosting talents... But more specifically two that I think would be nice: 1: Boost in Shadow Pip chance. and 2: ADD a Shadow Pip slot (not GIVES one, but allows us to carry 3 now). Currently, Malistaire can carry 4, and this wouldn't be a problem until we reach a LOT later in the storyline when we get to 7 shadow pips.

What MIGHT be interesting is a May Cast sun mutations. Like the Midnight Sprite, Inferno Kraken etc. That way, these sun mutations can actually be seen in play since they're nonexistent currently.

Finally, I'd like to see some extra-curricular boosters. Like, more fishing luck boosting talents, may cast gardening spells (like the prevent X need talents). And what I think EVERYBODY will want, some energy boosting talents. There's a Corgi that GIVES energy if it's equipped, so why can't there be a talent that actually boosts energy maximum while equipped?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Something as simple as MC satyr would make a world of difference.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
I would definitely like the pets to be smarter. After all the time and energy that you put into leveling up your pet and they really don't help you all that often. I would like to see them interact with their owners more. Maybe have them gain more skill at interaction as they level up. Also if someone takes the time to hatch several generations of pets to try and get one that looks and has the talents that they want, it would be nice if the talents worked more often. I adore my pets and have put a lot of time and effort into getting a few of them to about the best they can get. Can you make any changes retroactive as well? I would hate it if my special ones couldn't be upgraded! Love Wizard101, best game ever!

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Pet Talent Suggestion

Executioner: Pet automatically defeats any enemy that falls below 5% of their maximum health.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
I would love to have 7 talents on my pet and I agree with Kelsey what she just mention in her post.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
A new type of pet. For in game or a pvp pet vs pet style

A Shadow pet for level 90+ people. It does not have anything like proof damage or healing for the owner. Its a new pet that just has ability to help attack mobs bosses or even players in pvp.

The pet can never do any spells above 5 pips. 2 gold and one white or just 5 white pips.
When it attacks it only uses shadow school so it would never use up any of our feints traps etc. If we are fighting mobs or bosses.
Some talents could be like what we have now, May cast Sentinel with some sort of regular attack like kraken or the 2 pip shadow spells that attack. even weak versions of squall bugs. But without the removing charms.
The shadow death spell hits target and helps heal the owner or pet if its just pet vs pet pvp. But its not a big heal only like the 10-20% of a normal version.

The spells would have to be may cast for pets and owner vs bosses and mobs, cause I think if they cast something every round would be too much and the most damage a pet can do would be something like 10-20% of what the owner can do or else we become to powerful.

Pet abilities on this version of pet. It could have pain giver pierce etc but for the pet and not the owner making the pet stronger. These are In the list of 10 powers/talents possible to come up or gives chances to may cast a pet version of kraken or bugs a really weak rebirth like 140 heal to all and a 50 absorb, many different things possible from this idea.

In short. This is for pets and owner vs bosses mobs or even regular pvp an attacking shadow pet uses no more than 5 pips ever and its damage is much reduced to what we can do on main chars. but it all helps to take down the enemy. This pet could also lead to a new style of w101 pet games pet vs pet pvp using shadow spells just like in P101 but with shadow spells instead.

I was reading facebook feedback friday ideas for new pets and somehow came up with this shadow pet idea not sure if this has been mentioned before

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
May Cast Talents :
the only MC most players are looking for are heals and another team heal would be awesome
only the MC Unicorn is available so far (and the fun but not that helping MC Lifebat)
although, the only one I can think about is Sprite Swarm because Rebirth is too big for a MC
but I hear already all the complaints about Sprite Swarn during too long!
so maybe a completely new spell : direct heal for the team mates, a little better than Unicorn
or something like a team Energizing Battery might be fun

MC talents other than heals are usually for PvP : Infallible, Enfeeble, Tower Shield, etc
I can't really talk about it because I'm not enough in the Arena but I think Regular Talents are more handy there (Damage & Critical for hitter, Resist for support)

Regular Talents :
if I'm not wrong some usual talents are still missing for a few schools and I guess, mostly damage talents would be appreciated :
- Fire-Boon (+3% Fire Damage)
- Myth-Boon (+3% Myth Damage)
- Balance-Boon (+3% Balance Damage)

and like Keksey said, it's time to get some Shadow talents too (damage, resist and accuracy)
maybe some MC talents too like Shadow Blade, Shadow Shield, Shadow Dispel

Card Talents or Pet Cards :
besides a new kind of team heal a little better than Unicorn but not as strong as Rebirth :
- some Shadow related spells, for example, I'd really like to see one that cancels a Shadow state on enemy
- the new variants seen in Four Dungeons would be nice, like Life Leviathan (I want this one soooo bad! lol), Fire Skeleton Dragon, Monk of Mourning, Monster Mash, etc

Let's be crazy :
what if a pet would give a school Mastery?
maybe not as Regular Talent (although mixing lines to get a multiple Mastery pet means no other handy talents and I'm not sure players would do that except for challenge, eh, eh)
so maybe like the Energy bonus on the Dapper Corgi, Mastery could be an inner talent

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Community Leader
May Cast Spirit Armor for sure

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.