Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-21-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, everyone! We're working diligently on the next big thing, but I wanted to pop in and do the usual Feedback Friday, so here we go!

One of the best things about Wizard101 is your friends! Keeping track of all those friends can be a bit daunting, even with 'best friend' stars in our Friends List.

Knowing that we cannot have an unlimited number of friends, how would you improve the Friends List?

Have a fabulous weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I have quite a few friends who have multiple wizards on my friends list. Sometimes it gets hard to keep track of who is who and can also be annoying as wizards hop on and off their other characters to garden. If possible, I would love to see the option to group wizards into a friend group. The friend group would count as one entity for purposes of chatting etc and would offer players more options for organization.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Definitely make the lists bigger.
I understand they cannot be endless but please maybe 50-100 more?

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
  • A search Bar.
  • Being able to see when they were last active.
  • Their level without looking at their profile.
  • An auto remove button instead of going to their profile.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Hmmm this is a tough question. I like the best friends thing but maybe even have something that allows quick ports and messages to your friends?? I dont know but the firnds list is alreayd pretty nice, but i would like to see easier chat and ports, because sometimes ill look through my massive list of friends trying to find one in particular (taking about 2 minutes). I would really like to see this addition to the game

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
I was thinking about a Friend Search. If you have a large list you can just search it by typing in the name or letter.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
It really would be great if higher levels could have a longer list. I mean most of us have been playing for years and making new friends means giving up old. I would even purchase an elixir for crowns to do that. If that can't happen, or even if it can, it would be so helpful if there was a way to easily see which wizards on our list are no longer active. To make the space making easier. Also, a fix to the way when we remove a wizard, the friend list resets, and we have to go all the way back through the list to get to the next wizard down . Perhaps a system similar to quick sell with boxes to check? That would be awesome. Thanks for asking and thanks for the great game.

Amber Raven Song, Max

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
I'd say make it easier to find out which of your friends hasn't been on in a long time and automatically remove wizards that have been deleted from your friends list.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd have the friend name, school symbol, level all listed in the main friend panel. Maybe have a star ranking similar to house ranking. Also sortable by each of those categories similar to Bazaar goods sorting.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
There should be a new list ranking friends in the order in which you speak to them. I know it sounds a bit complicated to implement, but it would help when determining which friends to remove when my list is full.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I would like to be able to have a list for friends removed in the past 24 hours, just incase you accidently defeated a friend. It would also be cool to be able to search for other wizards by using a name, school, and level. I think this would take friends in Wiard101 to the next level!

-Nick level 95

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Finally after a month or so we get a question not about furniture.

I like the friend list the way it is, I'd like to be able to add more, but I understand the list can't be limited.

I would definitely expand a little on the number of friends allowed.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Improving the Friends List?

I believe there are various ways of improving it.

But there's one thing I can think of.

A simple notification. When a friend goes online, a small exclamation point (similar to those when the game's about to be offline for server maintenance or when someone is about to leave the Spiral like Pot O'Gold), appears on the friends list icon. Showing the friend's name isn't necessary, it's only meant to let someone know a friend of his/her is online.

Of course, others won't like this, and I think an option in the settings would probably work.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A "last seen" time would be helpful when having to prune buddy list to add people. That way you can see if someone is still active in the game.

A "memo" function would be nice. Allowing you to post a single message to an offline user that they will receive when they login next. I know this might cause space concerns, but the simple solution is just ONE allowed per user at a time. So I can memo my friend Blaze to tell him when to meet up and where... but if I want to memo Chelsea, I would have to choose to keep the existing memo or replace with new.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Professor Falmea on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Happy Friday, everyone! We're working diligently on the next big thing, but I wanted to pop in and do the usual Feedback Friday, so here we go!

One of the best things about Wizard101 is your friends! Keeping track of all those friends can be a bit daunting, even with 'best friend' stars in our Friends List.

Knowing that we cannot have an unlimited number of friends, how would you improve the Friends List?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
>how would you improve the Friends List?

By doing what I've asked for before.
  1. Instead of just turning it off and hide from all friends, make it possible to hide from only those you choose.
  2. Add a notifier that you can turn on and off that will tell you when friends you have flagged have logged on or logged off.
  3. Add the ability to send text chat to friends that are offline which they will receive once they log in
  4. Add a "delete all" function that will completely clear the entire list
  5. Add check boxes to the list and the ability to delete all those that are checked instead of one at a time.

Defender
May 11, 2012
It would be a wonderful thing if there was a way to see when the last time somebody on our friend's list actually played the game. I have a decent size friend's list, and have about 8 people highlighted as good friends, but I haven't seen most of them on for nearly a year (I miss them ; they were great questing buddies ). I don't know if we are just missing each other because we are playing at different times or if they don't even play the game anymore. I don't want to take them off my list if they are still playing, but if they aren't, then I would like to take them off to make room so I can make some new friends that are playing, because I could really use some help with some of my quests.

AutumnFairyDreamer Level 79

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Perhaps a search bar or search option button on the top? Type your friend's name in and it will come up with your friend by searching first name, or full name.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Professor Falmea on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:

Need an easier way to see who is an adult and who is not. Or a way to show open chat as opposed to non open chat.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2012
I'm pretty sure I've been lurking the forums, waiting for this question to be posed. :D

I'm constantly forgetting what in the world my brother's named his latest character. Or who this person is.... or who that person is.... or if this is a person I know in RL or not.

It would be simply AMAZING if we could separate the friends that we add by the true friend code and people that we happen to run by in game, tend to get along with, and friend that way. Say, make their names on our list a different color or add another tab (by tab I mean like how you can use the arrow to go through Online friends, All friends, Ignored, and Group) or somesuch. I say this because while, yes, I could use my stars to do something like this, I tend to have some friends that I just like to run dungeons with that I star. Oh! Or being able to add a tag onto their name once they're in your friends list that you can see. That way I would be able to sit there and be like: this is my brother, this is my online friend, this is my real life friend, this is my husband (or wife or son or daughter)..... well, you get the idea.

Just a suggestion.

A suggestion that if ever implicated would make one very, very happy player. :)

Deirdre Darkheart- Level 74 Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
I would start by up the amount of friends you have and have a way to manage your friends and if you are a true friend then lift the filters all the way if you have a account that has 6 or 8 wizards then you should be able to go with anyone of the wizards you have to your own house's as long as it's under the same account and the bank and backpack should be made to hold a few more things as a wizard buys crown gear they need to save some of that.i think the teamup is great when entering a dungen the replay is great to.

Thanks again Wolf Shadow walker66

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but sometimes I forget why I dded a person if I have not seen them in a while. It would be AWESOME to have a little bit of space to add a note about your friends - such as, where/when we met, if they are a questing, pvp, pet friend. Perhaps even a drop down menu with choices?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2012
Being able to put friends into categories, such as, Hatching, True Friend, Farm, Liked, or Temp would be awesome
I know on a daily basis I personally run into folks I friend and the friendship seems to turn into a one way
friendship. Meaning the person after a few days only wants to help themselves or you to help them. I go through my list quite often to get rid of these folks and it still becomes difficult trying to remember who to delete or keep.
Sometimes we have friends that we only hatch with because of wizard level differences and it would be very nice to know who these people are so they are not deleted by accident.

Level 85 Andrew SoulHunter
and mastery.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
I would like it if the group chat option could be expanded a bit and allow for more than 4 people to be in it. Also, I would love a search bar to look for friends in the friend list instead of scrolling for them

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Oh, I just had another thought after reading through everyones awesome ideas. Sometimes, when I want to help a person not on my list and there is no room to add them. I add them to a group to keep track of them and figure out how to meet up at their boss/dungeon/quest. This is a complicated process, lol. We have to figure out realms and then i have to literally follow them to wherever it is. It would be super sweet if we could port to people that are grouped with us, even if they aren't friends. Thanks again

Amber Raven Song, Max

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
I would love to be able to give each friend a nickname. It can just be on my friends list, just so I can label it high lvl dungeon buddy, or daughter. If that's too complicated, then maybe just tabs/sections we can sort them into: real life, quests, pet breeding, dueling, and the like.
I love the other suggestions above!
Thanks for all the hard work you folks do to keep this game awesome, and family friendly!