Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback "Friday" 3-17-11

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 26, 2009
The only time I used grouping was in Sunken City... well, back when it was harder to get around the monsters. Grouping made it easier to stick together. I haven't used it since then because I solo, but PvP sounds like a good place to use grouping.

I agree with Tommknocker, who said that there should be a feature to alert group members when one group member gets pulled into a battle. This would make grouping more desirable to use.

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
If there is a boss battle, I never go in without my best friends, either David Stronggem, or Ryan Windstalker. You Rock Falmea, and sorry if this offends you, but you are the coolest and hottest teacher in the entirety of the spiral!

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
I'll only use group chat in PVP. Just to past quick notes like "He's fire, or "Deathshield me". Groups are okay but I think you guys should make real clans, not just users saying join Super Girl Clan. Like there is a leader and it has a list of members and all that.

Cya next week!

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
Allow groupmates to port to you regardless of whether you have disallowed friend ports.

Alternately, create a new toggle to allow or disallow group ports, but this setting would supersede the friend port flag.

There are times when I don't mind random ports from friends list members, but when I am in a group with someone and we are working toward a common goal, this would let us keep the usefulness of porting without risking random, battle-lengthening interruptions.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
I would really like it if grouping would provide some sort of bonus, be it to attack, defense, Exp or maybe even overall increased loot drop. Grouping could also allow the sharing of all quests, if possible, to other team members. Maybe even those pesky gathering quests where you could share counts like mummies burned, but only if they're within X range. To prevent one from just standing at turn in while other gathers all mummies. Maybe even introduce group quests.

Just a few ideas I'd like to see added.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Out of the entire time I have played Wizard101, I may have been in an actual GROUP twice or so.

If any grouping went on, it was random gathering of random people who just happen to be there at the same time and same place. Every single one of those people for a very rare few I never see or hear from again.

I like the idea of saved dueling spots when you are in a group, but people will either group so no one else can join their fights, or it does not even occur to them that the group function exists at that time. Well, that is what it seems like.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
I group with my friends I know outside of the game, so we can talk about what happened at school that day, ect. I use it in PVP and dungeons with both true friends and in game friends.

Administrator
Definitely some interesting considerations here with bonuses or additional functionality! As always, will discuss with the team, and thanks for participating! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea