Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you do side quests?

I do the mainline only.
4% [5]
I do the mainline and a few important side quests only.
32% [33]
I do the mainline and some/most of the side quests in each world.
15% [16]
I do all the mainline and side quests that I can.
46% [47]

Feedback Friday 2-19-16

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I generally like to enjoy each world to the fullest. I'm paying for it, after all. So I like to do pretty much everything a world has to offer.

That said, I find I generally don't enjoy the long grinding dungeons very much. I play the game for leisure, so I want to have a fun easy-going time of it. When quests force me into long, tedious, multiple-boss dungeons with cheats and such, then I tend not to repeat those quests except when they are absolutely unavoidable to continue the main storyline. And I wish they were not in the main storyline too...

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Main line only, pretty much. The only sides i bother with are the ones that give a spell or an important ability, and even then not on all wizards. The cost to do some of these by area is just too much to justify the garbage we get when we finish it. More xp? Okay, I guess. Wait no I'm trying to stay qualified for magus pvp, forget it.

Agree with those who say they need to improve side quest rewards DRAMATICALLY before a lot of us will start picking them up in droves. I have a job and family outside of the game that need my attention, too!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I do every quest on every wizard. It drives me crazy having an unfinished quest or knowing there is a quest available.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Exabytes on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
Um, sorry...but crafting rewards should be the very best non-crown gear, even better than Boss Drops, which would make the game much more rewarding for many people who actually bother to craft.
I understand and agree with your point - mostly. However, they could be one and the same.

The fact is that compared to the number of quests we do, rewards of gear are rare.

When we get a gear reward it is always one piece (except for Ms. Dawnwilliow's gift - in Wizard City.)

There's no reason the reward couldn't be one piece of that best set or something equal to a craft item, but different.

Hero
May 07, 2015
i do what i can because i don't like having alot on my plate

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
I do it all, side and main, usually before progressing into the next world.
I'm a completionist, as it happens.

Funnily enough, while I'm a completionist in game, in real life I do everything halfway

Administrator
Uncle Sweeney on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
I do it all, side and main, usually before progressing into the next world.
I'm a completionist, as it happens.

Funnily enough, while I'm a completionist in game, in real life I do everything halfway
Priorities, right? ::grin::

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. There's a wide range of opinions here at Ravenwood as well. We'll keep this in mind as we're coming up with new fun stuff in the future.

A new FF will be coming up in mere moments!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea