Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-11-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks! It's Friday once again, and that means it's time for another topic.

Over the last few updates, we've added various skeleton key dungeons. Most recently, we added one off Sunken City that was inspired by Daniel. Today's question is: which dungeon is your favorite, and why? Is it the theme? The location? The fun of the fight? Or, perhaps, the great loot?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i like waterorks as it has the best gear in game for level 60
i like tartarus because it is a nice challenge for level 90
i like darkmoor as it has the best gear in game
has for the skeleton keys i haven't done any but would like to do the one in avalon for the spell

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
My favorite has to be the "Grand Chasm Past" found in The Grand Chasm, Dragonspyre.

I like how it is a place you know well, but changes the view of it. The characters seemed down, depressed normaly, yet in The Grand Chasm Past they are lively and active. Also it adds to the lore of Dragonspyre.

The enemies are also a great add-on. There are enough monsters to understand how chaotic it must be, yet not too many to drive you mad. That also goes for the bosses.

Last but not least, it is a very unique, memorable dungeon. There is a logical purpose to the story, the right amount of difficulty, and there is no other dungeon with a similar layout.

Even two years have passed since I last went through it, yet I shall not forget it...

Good luck on the battle field fellow wizards! Also happy holidays, no matter where or who you are!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
My favorite skeleton key dungeon is the plant boss in Graveyard, Aphrodite 2. It's an interesting fight, and there's some good loot, though the damage rings still elude me.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2012
my favorite is simon he gives some really good loot like danils (sorry if I spelt it wrong) sword a rare drop of his pet and more he has a lot of health and some REALLY REALLY REALYY POWERFUL SPELLS that kill you in one turn if you plan to fight him bring some friends PRO friends otherwise good luck

Mariah sparklegem
myth and storm
level 21
"don't give up"

Survivor
May 16, 2009
The Great Spyre, without a doubt. So many memories and so much nostalgia associated with that place. From the Chain Bridge to the Grand Doorway to the confrontation of Malistaire, that place is epic. And over the years KI has added to its awesome by adding intense camera angles to the Drake confrontation and mighty roars to the Dragon Titan throughout the fight. An epic conclusion to a masterpiece of a story.

Then there's Darkmoor. The undisputed hardest challenge in the game. And who else would be the center but Malistaire? Once again we go through beautifully designed rooms and hallways just to once again front our frienemy with a Dragon aiding him. This time being much more personal and out of vengeance than saving the Spiral, all of which simply adding to the tension. A perfect way to say goodbye to Malistaire Drake (I hope).

Short version: The Great Spyre because it looks amazing and succeeds in being a climactic ending. Castle Darkmoor because we see our favorite villain for the last time, and amazing scenery. A much more personal vibe adds to its tension.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I wish there were some way to team up for key bosses. Like the stone key boss in avalon. Even when I have keys there is no easy way to find a team. It makes it that much more difficult to farm for the spell.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I just read the update notes about Daniel's visit to KI - had a good morning cry and had to thank you guys for being so awesome and sweet!

I have to echo an entry above and say my favorite dungeons are the ones that come in as a solid step in the story-line.

But I also love that there now some dungeons that adjust to the level of the players in the battle.

However, sadly, the last time I really felt that no matter how long I farmed for an item it was always worth the effort and time and often - the headache - was WaterWorks and the big dungeon in Wintertusk.

So - if you could combine all those aspects it would surly be the dawning of a series of perfect dungeons :D

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Professor Falmea on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:

Over the last few updates, we've added various skeleton key dungeons. Most recently, we added one off Sunken City that was inspired by Daniel. Today's question is: which dungeon is your favorite, and why? Is it the theme? The location? The fun of the fight? Or, perhaps, the great loot?

Hello there!

My favorite dungeon of all time is the Gobblestone Castle. I like it because you get to battle King Gobblestone, the big, funny-looking gobbler boss, and the way he gets defeated is really funny, too. Colossus Boulevard is my favorite place because of the theme and the way the gobblers look. I also like the Gobblestone Castle because you get to see the large amounts of food the gobblers have, (which makes me hungry ) and you get to see the really big Gobbler King! What also makes me laugh is to see the poor little chickens in the crate next to him.

-Samantha NightGarden

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:

Well, Professor Falmea, I really enjoyed the addition of the Skeleton Key secret bosses, in dungeons & zones, because it really reinvigorated our needs to find and defeat secret bosses in W101, & they all have been amazing to fight so far, especially the newest Skeleton Key boss in Sunken City! Everything about that was flowing with unique creativity, including the moments where a character was helping us during that duel! I really hope we get to see more duels with that kind of help like that!

Nevertheless, so far, I've faced about all the Skeleton Key bosses, & they were all amazing, even their unique loot drops, though, after defeating Aphrodite Two & Simon the Sayer, I would like to say this...

Professor Falmea, all previous Skeleton Key bosses from Hollow Mountain, State Wing, Lower Zigazag, House of Scales, Cave of Solitude, Crystal Caves, & Upper Halls don't have badges from defeating them, unlike those two mentioned bosses I've defeated before. The very amazing aspect of defeating Skeleton Key bosses, other than gaining their custom unique loot, is gaining unique badges from defeating them.

Professor Falmea, I really need you to pass this request on to KI, to have them add unique badges to all previous Skeleton Key bosses that currently don't have them. I really want to see that made someday soon. And, from that point on, if KI adds more Skeleton Key bosses, we should also see more unique badges from defeating them.

Plus, I really like the moment that you added in another Skeleton Key boss! I really would like KI to keep making more Skeleton Key secret bosses in updates! I can't believe it took weeks for you & Daniel to add 1 Skeleton Key boss whilst in the middle of our recent Test Realm period with Polaris. Give my greatest compliments to Make-A-Wish for this great request again!

Professor Falmea, I really want KI to keep making more Skeleton Key bosses like them! We all still seek many more new challenges to conquer, & many more hidden opponents to duel!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Hafta say the great spyre. Pretty much every ghost, shade, and spirit of DS is working hard to prepare you for that confrontation, and when you do get there, it's EPIC inside. It's well-designed, with few pointless fights (if you walk carefully) and lots of unique and interesting drops. There's even a secret "last chance" boss hiding in the bowels of the Great Spyre.

Runner up would be Nidavellir. Although it isn't as played-up and anticipated as the Great Spyre, it is a beautifully done setting, and full of mysterious locked gates and doors. But what makes it most interesting of all is the "choose your difficulty" option - divide and conquer each brother by going through the chambers in order; or take on the whole lot at once with friends. Also lots of unique and interesting drops, fishing opportunities, and clever set designs. Mazes, sliding and hidden doors, mysterious characters stalking the side aisles, arcane writing that reminds you of other arcane writing elsewhere, Grumlik gamely trying to catch your attention as you pass by but he has nothing to say!