Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-4-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's time for Feedback Friday! This one probably doesn't need a disclaimer (as we certainly haven't talked about it before in these public forums), but let's do it anyway, just for posterity...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week I'm targeting our new update. For those of you who have read the update notes or seen the news (or actually experienced it on Test), what is the ONE single thing you're most excited about for this newest addition to the game?

We've been working on this one for a long time, and we're more than thrilled to share it with you! Looking forward to hearing your responses! Have a wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
It's time for Feedback Friday! This one probably doesn't need a disclaimer (as we certainly haven't talked about it before in these public forums), but let's do it anyway, just for posterity...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week I'm targeting our new update. For those of you who have read the update notes or seen the news (or actually experienced it on Test), what is the ONE single thing you're most excited about for this newest addition to the game?

We've been working on this one for a long time, and we're more than thrilled to share it with you! Looking forward to hearing your responses! Have a wonderful weekend!

I LOVE the new level 68 spells!!!! I'm so looking forward to the spells and all to be released into the test realm, because I'm gonna get my hands on Katzenstein's Monster no matter what it costs.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I love it! I must admit, when I got my gnome spell, seeing that it doesn't have much of a bonus, or DoT, I was a bit disappointed, but it's still pretty good.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, besides the obvious, the new level cap and new spells of course...

I was thrilled about 2 new things... 1 the spiritual and balance dispels that can be bought in the Library...

And the ability to learn to cast dragonflies for gardening!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

I REALLY love the new leapard pet. I just wish he didnt sound like an angry gorilla when being shot out of the cannons :(

ellie
ps I love the new world! thank you so much for all your hard work!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I have to say I'm looking forward to what Astral spells we'll be available.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Maybe I'm just peculiar, but the thing I am most looking forward to? The music player. Finally I can have the zomgtotallymegaawesome music from various parts of the spiral playing in my houses.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
i thinks its a wonderful add. The new spells look awesome and the world as a whole looks well made and very nice. Overall i think its the best addition yet!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hmm armor piercing will be interesting. Ha! Take that treasure tower spammers XD

But will this affect negative wards? Will it increase the damage done when hitting a trap? How will this affect damage over time spells?

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

mine would be the new spells (go water-moles!)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
I love the new artstyle of the world and the storyline. It is very fun to do the quests and go through the story-- the world reminds me repeatedly of The Lion King... except with wizards... and a lot crazier then the lion king... but that's what makes it awesome! I also keep meaning to try the music player (Finally those music-less crown houses will have nice music!), but I've been distracted by the world. :D It's awesome!

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
bravevline wrote:
I love it! I must admit, when I got my gnome spell, seeing that it doesn't have much of a bonus, or DoT, I was a bit disappointed, but it's still pretty good.

Although the special effect might not be super very special in PvE, it can be helpful in PvP, because it dispels 2 life spells, most likely heals.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
This isn't the thing I exactly "loved", but I found Tse-Tse really funny. He reminds me of Pokemon when I was younger how those two characters would put on disguises that didn't really disguise them, but the characters didn't have a clue. Everyone thinks he isn't a zebra when he really is one and he even tries to make the greyhorns look like zebras.

Its the little things you guys put into the game such as Tse-Tse that make me laugh.

P.S. I also liked how Hannibal Onetusk is an elephant (Hannibal) and only has one tusk (Onetusk).

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i play for the fist few areas then i stop
its like spoiling it in the live realm for me.

i think only the most bothersome things in the new stuff should be tested
and in a special test scenario as not the loose the mystery of it in the new game as well as it gives away the questing lines you need to follow.

ok i have said my piece about the test realm experience
now to the question the professor posed..

i love the scenery and the NPCs
but falling in to a battle every thing i passed by an NPCs is kinda rash

of what i have seen so far it is a gorgeous play to go to and run the quest.
i stopped at the fixing the fallen tower . i just wanted the flavor of the new world and now i am waiting for it to be released in the live game to play it.
i love the new NPCs the best i think so far. i play to add some of their likenesses to my scrap book as favorite game characters.

guess i need to sharpen a ton of pencils now.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
OOH!!! i think either the music player or the higher ranks and spells.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
Administrator
Thanks all! Since it wasn't properly stickied (fixed!) at the top, and it's still definitely a timely topic (and we're all very busy making the Test Realm as shiny as we can!!!), please continue on with your feedback, and we'll resume next week with normal Feedback Fridays! ::grin::

Have a great weekend, everyone!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
Like most others I like the music player. But one problem I can't seem to find ANY bosses that drop music scrolls and no one seems to know of any AND I noticed that at one in the test realm the wizard city theme played that AWESOME music you only hear inside the golem tower in golem court and now It's just the regular wizard city commons theme and I find that some what annoying becaus that one track made my house twice as epic as it
All reed was. so could you change it back or make a new music scroll with the GOLEM TOWER theme music in it PLZ?