Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-14-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
I don't really get into the pet thing much because of a paralyzed arm, but my Life wizard's Patriotic Leprechaun has the ability 'Drop It' and that has actually saved his life three or four times now.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Spritely is obviously the most useful. Also love my Pet Rock that gives me fortify card. (Has been a blessing for lower level wizards.)

Someone else commented about having pets cast attack spells without using our pips. While this sounds like a good idea, you also have to consider that it may interrupt blades & traps that you have setup for a kill. So not sure I like the idea of them randomly casting attack spells. I purposely do not use a minion on my death wiz for this reason. It could really mess up a wraith heal you have setup & kill you very quickly. Although, if they were limited to casting within their school, then maybe using a pet from another school might work.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello again Wizards! It's been a pretty fantastic week here at KingsIsle (especially with winning the Audience Award at Online Choice Awards! Woohoo! Thanks to everyone that voted for us!), and speaking of wonderful things, it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So for these week, lets talk about pet talents. What's the best one out there?

Can't lie - I really like Spritely. I call it "puppy power" (since I have that particular talent on the fierce hound).

Looking forward to hear what you all have to say! Have a great weekend!

Yes, i agree with you Professor Falmea, BUT, I think the new "may cast unicorn" is a lot better. Sure, spritely is good and everything, but most people would agree that "may cast unicorn" helps a lot more. I am trying to get a pet that can have both "may cast unicorn", and "may cast spritely." So therefore if one of the two don't work, then you still have the other one to rely on. I hope you enjoyed what i had to type, and oh btw, nice name for spritely. :)

-Yours truly,
SirWolfBlood

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
i really like spritely, unicorn and sharp shot, cause its very good for my storm.
i would love to see some May cast triple or double shields, or precision :)

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
well, on my dragon, its a dragons hoard dragon, and my guess is, it can cast vengeance the critical bonus spell :D

so yea, by the way proffeser, the dragon i have is a fire dragon :P

Noahthunderhunter

( master level 42 )

and my fierce hound can cast sprite to, so, if ya looking for the answer,

ITS VENGEANCE :D

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Actually Professor, there is already a post out there like this, it is called: Top 7 Pet talents...

I already posted there, but I will post the top 10 talents here!

1: Spritely
2: Spell Proof
3: May Cast Unicorn
4: Spell Defy
5: May Cast Tower Shield
6: May Cast Balance Blade
7: May Cast Smoke Screen
8: Pierce Train
9: Sharp Shot
10: Pain Giver

Now, if you want to know, which new talents, players would like to see:

1: May Cast Shatter
2: May Cast Virulent Plague (Was wondering, should it not be virtulent?)
3: May Cast DragonBlade

Also, would love to see the stitching option available on Pets!
I want my Wraith or Ghast to have a DragonBlade card at baby...

Why should you stitch when you can breed them together and get one of those pets with the other one's talents?

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Actually Professor, there is already a post out there like this, it is called: Top 7 Pet talents...

I have to agree with him all of those are my favorite pet talents besides May cast smokescreen. Now what I would like to see is May Cast Dragonblade. So far to get May Cast Balanceblade is extremely rare so I would like a pet to have that talent and pass it on easily to other pets.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Hmm Favorites?
SPRITELY
Love it. My sea dragon has it. I am training my pet ice wyvern, Its at ancient and I want it to have spritely when it gets to epic :D.
I would say the may casts as well but my pet ice wyvern rarely does that.
I guess a cool new talent may be
A pip giving talent, not a percent but like an extra pip at the beginning.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
Well definetly spritely. Maybe defense ( at least 10), health, smokescreen or plague, may cast tower shield, and finally a bladestorm card. :D - Jack Stormweaver Legendary storm and fire

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
May 25, 2011
I've got to say Spritely is a must have, but my Polar Cat's may cast Tower Shield has been a huge help and I'd like all my future pet dueling buddies to manifest it. :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Almost forgot to add this talent:

The next huge money maker for KI, when this talent is introduced...

Now, it wont be quite as big as spritely, but will be very well sought after, once it is released...

The talent is:

May Cast Feint!

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
The perfect pet is:
Life Ghoul
Spell Proof
Spell Defy
Unicorn
Spritely
Best pet ever.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
My favourite pet talents are:
1-may cass unicorn
2-may cass dragon blade
3-may cass shatter
4-spritely
5-may cass balance blade

I hope that allpets get one of these talents :P

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
My favourite pet talents are:
1-bladestorm
2-may cast unicorn
3-may cast dragon blade
4-shatter
5-spritely
6-balance blade

Hope all pets get one of theses talents :P

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
fav:spritely and may cast pierce.when they are used i start saying "dance piggy dance" since i have both on my defender pig

in close second are spell defy and spell proof.witch i also have on my defender.

fear the ninja pig

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Personally the best ability is spritely but it does tend to take your healing boosts and if your pet uses it a lot, it can get really annoying. it really slows down the battle. could you make the actual animation shorter?

Ethan Lifebringer,
Legendary life

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
I gotta say my Favorites are peirce and spritley!

In the future, maybe have a pet cast centaur/sereph without taking your pips, or a pet that may cast guiding light!

-Cheyenne Hawktamer, Level 43 Theurgist

@Kauko5
Try hatching with a pet that has that talent, or get a crown shop pet. Thats how I got my spirit of nature.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
leachshane wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Why should you stitch when you can breed them together and get one of those pets with the other one's talents?

Obviously, you don't know very much about stitching... Have you seen a really good sword, one that you have gotten in Dragonspyre? It does not have the ability to give critical bonus... However, now, with stitching, you can have the look of that sword, with a critical stat wand...

Have you ever seen a Wraith that has a DragonBlade card? Or An Orthrus with a Forest Lord card? These are examples..

People want to look like individuals, have a different pet, be different... Not have the exact same stats, looks, and pets as everyone else in the spiral... People are willing to pay for this individuality...

I do understand, you can move stats from one pet to another by hatching, although, that takes a lot of time and effort.. But you can't move a card from one pet to another... This would change the whole outlook on pets and bring a whole new revenue to KI...

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Spritely is my favorite. I especially loved it in Tower of the Helephant when my pet would cast it before my turn and remove the debuff with it. That same pet also learned Feint and death blade, which stack with the regular spells and allows some pretty solid attacks on non-cheating bosses.

But in truth, I have pets on my Storm and Fire that give a 4% and 5% accuracy boost respectively and that brings them both to 99% which can also be a life saver. When you need to kill something quick, it helps to almost never fizzle.

So favorite for me would be Spritely, but most useful would be the Accuracy boost since it is a latent talent and not dependent on random chance.