Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-3-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy New Year, Wizards! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, I know I did, but now we're back to work and excited for all the nifty things we have planned for the Spiral in 2014!

I'll ask another question which is customary for me to ask on the first Feedback Friday of the year. After we've looked back, it's time to look forward. I know we've spent a lot of time doing this internally, but I want to know what YOU think...

If you could wave your magic wand and make ONE thing happen in the Spiral in 2014, what would it be? Please limit it to just one thing, the thing that you want the most!

I look forward to seeing your ideas. Have a fantastic Friday, and a wonderful weekend all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Have Pet Battles in the Pet Pavilion behind The Hatchery

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Make it easier to grow pets than those mind numbing pet games.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
I would like to see more dungeons like waterworks, that pre Celestia dungeon in Marleybone, ...

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I would make it so that reshuffle has unlimited uses when fighting monsters, but remains one use only in PVP.

I know it seems like I complain about it a lot, but with my side board filled with nothing but reshuffle, I'm beggining to think it contributes to the absurd difficulty in what's currently the last quarter or so of the game. (Avalon and Azteca)

I do agree that it has had positive effects on PVP, but monsters have unlimited decks, and we should at least be able to compete with that.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011

In 2014, I think KI should fix the PvP match-ups so that grossly unbalanced matches cannot occur. This includes the practice of puppeting.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
Hello Professor Falmea, the answer to your question, I would like to see that you could dress up your pets. These clothes put on your pets could have certain stats such as resist and damage. The higher level the pet, the better clothes you get, This would be really cool if you could apply it to the game.

Thanks!

Morgrim Thundercaster level 75
Coyle Legendthief level 25

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I would really like to have some Aquila spells. Sounds really good.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Prizes!
What I mean by this are little gifts you randomly get around the spiral for opening wooden/silver chests.

The little prize could be 1 free stitch at Eloise Merryweather.
1 free reagent of your choice. (could include Amber)
Little packs of crowns with as many as 100 or 200 in a pack.

And for the even rarer prizes
1 free 7 day mount of your choice.
5 free stitches at Eloise Merryweather
Pack of crowns (Valued at 500-700 per pack)

For the rarest prizes, as in 1 in 25,000 chance
1 free permanent mount of your choice
1 free crowns pet of your choice
Pack of Crowns (Valued at 5000-15000 per pack)

This would be a really cool system to implement into the game.

Also, maybe a new type of treasure chest would come out to support this system as well

This is what I would make happen in the Spiral!

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Well, in my case I would be waving a magic spear. Well, if I could wave my magic spear (hopefully without hitting anyone) and make anything at all happen in the spiral I would make more than just 4 people be able to be in a group. It would be awesome if they actually added that to the game, cause I have a group of more than 4 good friends on wizard101. (Or I might possibly paint a rainbow over wiz city ... nah I can do that anyway, just gotta find a unicorn to make a rainbow ...)

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
Logic is my weapon and my curse (sometimes just gotta throw yer logic into the trash can, like when yer fighting a magical talking dinosaur)

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
i would wave my wand and change the max limit of wizards to 150

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
I would use my amazingness to bring Malistaire back, again, because he is awesome (almost as awesome as me, and I don't say that often). If you do, I promise to love him and hug him and never run out of ice cream in Azteca again.

If you guys really just brought him back to take him away and break my black little wizard heart all over again, then I will cry and give new meaning to the word Waterworks. And I will flood Mooshu, and Marleybone, and Azteca with my tears (because I hate them so; besides, drowning one world in fan-girl rage would simply not suffice).

+=

Or, in lieu of that, maybe someone could make his awesome sauce gear available as drops (Morganthe's, too). Please? Don't make me cry... no one wants to see me cry, honestly.

I would also make a buff that benefits balance exclusively. And no more annoying collect quests. Like, ever.

-von

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I would really love to see us be able to use our hands to cast spells (and still gain the pip boost) after we are a certain level without having to use a staff/wand.

That OR using spellbooks as a weapon to cast spells, the Loremaster in DS has one, can we have them too! :D

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
Increase the drop rate of Hades gear and eliminate Senator's gear as a drop in the final battle with Hades.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Make the turn system fair.

The Problem with the PvP and the game at the moment is that both players choose their turn at the same time but one move happens after the other. As a result the player going second is blind to the spells that are coming before theirs and have to constantly predict what their opponent is going to do. The player going first never has to guess the spell before theirs because they have already seen it in the previous turn.

Look at it this way, imagine you are playing a game of chess but one of the players has to choose their move before they have seen what their opponent is going to do. One player would be at an unnecessary disadvantage. If this was a new rule introduced to chess then the chess community would go into outrage. This is the current reality of Wizard101. Neither player should have an advantage/disadvantage over their opponent in a competitive game. Both players should have an equal opportunity to counter their opponents move.

The normal way this is done in literally every other turn based game (including Prirate101) is players take turns choosing their move while the other player waits. This way "both" players see what their opponent has done before choosing their own move.

Taking turns in PvE wouldn't change anything because AI's choose their move instantly and at random. So it would be as if you were going first every turn. (except for maybe the first turn)

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
PvP Global Services! Instead of having Rank PvP for just certain servers why not go around the world to show who is the top wizard! You can battle someone from China, Germany, UK! Id use it most definitely. It may cost more to enter but it would be the fun experience id wanna see that shares the same qualities as the Pokémon brand. The only thing we would be stuck on is language barrier but maybe players in a Global PvP match would be restricted to Menu chat, So its for all to understand? Thanks for reading my idea

Kane Deathbringer 95

Kane Thunderbringer 57

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
If I could wave my wand, and make anything happen, it would be no fizzles. It probably won't get added, but I like to think it will!

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
to make the pip go past 14 so you can start having 15 16 pips

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
Happy New Year, Wizards! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, I know I did, but now we're back to work and excited for all the nifty things we have planned for the Spiral in 2014!

I'll ask another question which is customary for me to ask on the first Feedback Friday of the year. After we've looked back, it's time to look forward. I know we've spent a lot of time doing this internally, but I want to know what YOU think...

If you could wave your magic wand and make ONE thing happen in the Spiral in 2014, what would it be? Please limit it to just one thing, the thing that you want the most!

I look forward to seeing your ideas. Have a fantastic Friday, and a wonderful weekend all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
An Aquila expansion! I feel like Aquila was an awesome world with so much potential, but it was limited to just 3 dungeons. And I have a sneaking suspicion that an expansion is already underway and was a thought when making the original one we have now. Because in the building near Mt Olympus, Ladon looks down at you and I think there could be a new area beyond the gates into the palace (maybe Ladon breaks the charm Atlas put on him and goes psycho).

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
The new class of magic (and by class I mean elemental, astral ect.)

It would be:

Tech

Air

Earth

I have a whole list of spells, teachers, trees ect. planned out. I know that Prof. Falmea asked for only one thing but if this is too much for an update, Light Magic!

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Ghost stone on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
Make the turn system fair.

The Problem with the PvP and the game at the moment is that both players choose their turn at the same time but one move happens after the other. As a result the player going second is blind to the spells that are coming before theirs and have to constantly predict what their opponent is going to do. The player going first never has to guess the spell before theirs because they have already seen it in the previous turn.

Look at it this way, imagine you are playing a game of chess but one of the players has to choose their move before they have seen what their opponent is going to do. One player would be at an unnecessary disadvantage. If this was a new rule introduced to chess then the chess community would go into outrage. This is the current reality of Wizard101. Neither player should have an advantage/disadvantage over their opponent in a competitive game. Both players should have an equal opportunity to counter their opponents move.

The normal way this is done in literally every other turn based game (including Prirate101) is players take turns choosing their move while the other player waits. This way "both" players see what their opponent has done before choosing their own move.

Taking turns in PvE wouldn't change anything because AI's choose their move instantly and at random. So it would be as if you were going first every turn. (except for maybe the first turn)
not much to add to this, it's a point i wholly support. i believe that matches between evenly matched opponents end up being one giant slaughter where the winner is determined by the one initial coinflip, ESPECIALLY when you lose three matches in a row just because you went second!!! make "going first" a lot less OP please. thank you

Gabriel Ashcaller

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Hi Professor Falmea,
Happy New Year!

I posted in the dorms here already with a specific idea, but in general, I would love to be able to easily find other wizards currently logged in who have the same quest(s) as me.

Finding someone on your own quest is hard!

Here's what I see that gets in the way:
  1. Right place, right time: Find another wizard logged into the same realm, and in the same place in a world, at the same time. This is especially challenging during off-peak play times, say early AM EST.
  2. Same duel, not my quest: Sure I might find wizards fighting goblins in a particular world, but are they and I on the same (story or side) quest? Did they accidentally enter a duel by getting too close? Is a wizard there only to help another wizard (existing friend perhaps) and has no need to continue the quest, etc?
  3. Nearby but not interested: Another wizard is there, but has no interest in the quest. They don't have the quest, and are just chatting with others perhaps.
Here's my idea for reference: Let's quest together! What's a wizard to do?

Thanks!
IGN: Diana Raveneyes

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
Dear, Professor Falmea
I would like to be able to learn pigswick academy magic

Thanks, Valerian Angelshard

level 40