Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-22-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks! It's Friday once again, so you know what that means...

In the past, I explored many other options before becoming the Fire Professor. Who knows how things could be different if I took one of those paths? So, this week, we'd like to ask - if you could take any position at Ravenwood, or even Pigswick Academy... what would you pick? Would you want to be a Professor? The Registrar? The Headmaster? Perhaps the person who keeps our pets fed and well cared for while we teach lessons? We want to know what your dream job would be!

Happy Friday and stay warm this weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jan 22, 2016 wrote:

In the past, I explored many other options before becoming the Fire Professor. Who knows how things could be different if I took one of those paths? So, this week, we'd like to ask - if you could take any position at Ravenwood, or even Pigswick Academy... what would you pick? Would you want to be a Professor? The Registrar? The Headmaster? Perhaps the person who keeps our pets fed and well cared for while we teach lessons? We want to know what your dream job would be!

Oh so many choices... Uhh... Great Spiral this is difficult... If I could pick anyone in the world it'd probably be old Professor Darkkettle. But if they had to be teaching now then I'd probably go for Arthur Wethersfield. He seems very knowledgeable, funny and as much as is wonderful, I'm afraid I'm more of a tan and maroon kind of wizard.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
*____* wow what a cool question.

The first thing that popped into my mind is Librarian.

I'd have all those books and relationships with other librarians throughout the Spiral - so ALL the books available, in time.
LOL, in those books I could learn all the true and supposed back stories, magical theory and cautionary tales.

Of course the fiction would be amazing - having been invented by wizards, and magical creatures.

Think of all the arcane, dubious, half-forgotten magic I could learn by exploring the archives of all the libraries? What must the attics, basements, and annexes hold? Would I find experiments on hybridizing different schools? (differently than how Balance is achieved.) Could I learn what happened to Pigswick and if there is ANY way of redeeming that sense-forsaken place? Would I know of another - actually helpful, next level of education the Wizard City students could aspire to?

Possibilities are endless.

If I were going to make up a position it would be as the

Professor of Music Magic
, master of that magic that is at the foundation of the creation of the Spiral.

I'd have been trained by Bartleby himself and as a youth and young adult my first school would have been Life and my secondary Storm. But my deep compassion & curiosity made Bartleby single me out as an apprentice. And now, finally, I'm ready to take on students of my own - beginning the 7th school of magic at Ravenwood Academy.

My classroom is in a tower above the Wizard City Library. (As the original classrooms are already taken, and I practically live in the library anyway - having spent my spare time growing up assisting Mr. A & in my off hours - reading all those books and meeting all those people I mentioned above :D.)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
I'd like to be a professor in Pigswick, I found Pigswick pretty cool and it would be cool to interact with the people there.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
I would be the Headmaster at Pigswick Academy and attempt to set a rule so that the students didn't cheat all the time and fought properly like wizards from Wizard City!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
"or even Pigswick Academy..."

I can't believe it took like an hour for what you said to HIT me!

If I weren't allowed to remain at Ravenwood as an instructor - I'd want to be the new headmistress of Pigswick and completely revamp the curriculum, standards, methods and all the staffing.
The matter would have to be handled delicately. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings more than necessary, but they are doing a serious disservice to any student with the bad luck not to realize what they are missing by going there rather than Ravenwood. As always, the students are the most important thing!

• We could obtain some kind of authority to do this from somewhere in the Spiral – who's above Ambrose and Headmistress what's-her-name? It could be a little side world quest line – like Wysteria was to begin with – ending with the recruitment of all new instructors for those schools of magic and .... each would represent actually useful and fun choices for auxiliary schools of magic for us to train new spells in. I know I wasn't the only one excited for completely new and very cool sounding schools ... only to find they were not available and such a mess that if they had been they would have been useless in the game.
Then there could be new quests in Wysteria and the woods the portals led to periodically. And educational jaunts too. :D

Hero
May 07, 2015
Professor Falmea on Jan 22, 2016 wrote:

i would want to be a professer like you since your the best professer EVER!!! :)

Miranda jade song LEVEL 72 PYROMANCER

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I would like to become the Fire Professor at Ravenwood. This is because I absolutely love the fire and would like to show other how to use it.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I'd certainly like to be a professor at Pigswick to teach them a thing or two about real magic theories.
-Jessica Swiftgem, Prodigious Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 04, 2011
I would either like to be a pet career because I love animals or the headmistress
because I like being in charge

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
I would like to be the Fire Professor because I am one of students, and that fire really matches me. Fire is a really strong type, and I would be able to teach new students about fire magic, and also know all of the spells. Well, not for level 108.... And fire magic is one of the strongest types in Wizard101!

Delver
May 12, 2012
Very interesting question...

I would choose to be a headmaster at Wizard City. I'd think I could push the newbies to become the best at mastering their spells. :)

~ Ali

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I'm more of an entrepreneur, so I'd probably round up the wisest and most powerful people I've meet amongst my journeys and start a new school of my own to try and teach talented young wizards under the schools of Sun, Moon, and Star.
I think I'd call it Skyhart and our logo would be a deer

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Survivor
May 25, 2010
I would like to be a sort of embassador or any job that would make me travel to different worlds, maybe to recruit new staff or students

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
I would either be the Mount Mechanic and make sure they are all working properly OR be the Custodian so I can explore secret passages and rooms under the guise of cleaning them lol.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I guess I would teach alchemy, whatever that is. I know the position exists and is currently unfilled. It's the art of potion making, right? I could just set up a cauldron somewhere and call it my classroom.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Well, I would love to be Professor Falmea actually. My fire wiz is my fave, I love red (my favorite color) and I think I would make a good human version of the character.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
I'd open a shop in Wizard City where I offered pet grooming and provided dying and doos for pets.
I'd also offer extra pet training services for those mega trained pets who still hadn't mastered their potential.

For a crown fee, I'd examine the petnome of a pet and be able to tell what the talents were that it could have mastered - but didn't. Then I'd consult with it's wizard companion to determine the talents they wish had been manifested into action (rather than remaining hidden.)

Then we'd start an advanced training regimen to bring out the talents the wizard desired.

This process would only be effective to bring out talents that were actually already within the pets possible talent pool when it became an egg. But if the talent is indeed on the pets petnome card - we could manifest it.

1. In real life terms, I think all it would be is accessing a record of what the random draw had been when the egg was created. Creating a "skin" that looked like the pet brought in for re-training; substituting or attaching that skin in place of the current pet (like a stitching, I suppose.) And creating a check-box interface that allowed the player to check the 5 talents that were most desirable of the ones that had actually been available to begin with - some or all of which simply had not come up in the random draw when the pet hatched.
  2. then the player would just re-train the pet either with new games at the Pet Whisper's office - or back in the Pet Pavilion. But at least the player would know that time, money, snacks & potions wouldn't be wasted this time around.
  3. And, if we're attached to a pet it wouldn't have to be cast aside for battle stats - we could still have that pet and just bring out it's Spritely instead of it's Mana Gift, for instance.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
I would be a life professor in marleybone, because I love and my favorite world is Marleybone, due to that the battles are not boring and at least have some connection to the story line, not like in other worlds for me they are random and I will inform wizards on villains, background stories, etc, guiding them around the world and in the last battle I would help the wizard by giving 30% health increase to all wizards who heal themselves or others.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
definitely a teacher i love fire, life and death they are our of all the schools they rock best for me

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
I want to be a fire professor for Wizard City. I could teach the new students cool and useful spells. (just like you Ms.Dalia.)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
ohFiddleSticks on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
I'd open a shop in Wizard City where I offered pet grooming and provided dying and doos for pets.
I'd also offer extra pet training services for those mega trained pets who still hadn't mastered their potential.

For a crown fee, I'd examine the petnome of a pet and be able to tell what the talents were that it could have mastered - but didn't. Then I'd consult with it's wizard companion to determine the talents they wish had been manifested into action (rather than remaining hidden.)

Then we'd start an advanced training regimen to bring out the talents the wizard desired.

This process would only be effective to bring out talents that were actually already within the pets possible talent pool when it became an egg. But if the talent is indeed on the pets petnome card - we could manifest it.

1. In real life terms, I think all it would be is accessing a record of what the random draw had been when the egg was created. Creating a "skin" that looked like the pet brought in for re-training; substituting or attaching that skin in place of the current pet (like a stitching, I suppose.) And creating a check-box interface that allowed the player to check the 5 talents that were most desirable of the ones that had actually been available to begin with - some or all of which simply had not come up in the random draw when the pet hatched.
  2. then the player would just re-train the pet either with new games at the Pet Whisper's office - or back in the Pet Pavilion. But at least the player would know that time, money, snacks & potions wouldn't be wasted this time around.
  3. And, if we're attached to a pet it wouldn't have to be cast aside for battle stats - we could still have that pet and just bring out it's Spritely instead of it's Mana Gift, for instance.
I like the idea of opening out own shops in the Shopping District!

I'd be an architect and offer plans and designs for new houses that use the existing and new building blocks. (I have tried to use them by themselves - but they are just like a pile of legos. I don't have the head for that.) But I still wish I could build a custom house. With plans of some kind maybe I could build "by the number" or alter the construction a little - like open a room by taking out a wall or only building half the second story to have an open deck. But I'd need to get that far.

I'd have a contractor with contractor supplies offering exclusive flooring, tile, windows, wall paper & exterior siding, etc.

I'd have a landscaper offering exclusive plants, awnings, gazebos, lawn decorations and most importantly several different turfs. Different ones to cover grasses and dirt patches or sand yards people don't like. Others that cover the walk ways and stone areas if people wish.

My shop could be the one in the Shopping District behind the housing blocks seller ( across from the Housing Shop.)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I want Ambrose's job. He's pretty inept, can't even take care of a renegate professor that's threatening the spiral and has to send a young, untrained kid to do the job.

And since I DID his job, well, now I want his paycheck too.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
I would love to help out with the creation of new worlds, gear and pets. If I were to have a specific task it would probably be "Dream Weaver" - which a wizard could visit to craft a spell, gear, mount or pet with the ability to choose the colors and school specifications.