Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming The Red Crystal Stands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
I was questing in Plaza of Conquests by Lazlo Starblade today. As I was fighting this boss I thought what a great place to have as a social farming spot. It's not a closed in dungeon, and you have 4 bosses (Life, Storm, Myth and Balance) to choose from which a really cool drop could be obtained. How cool would it be to have a really nice piece of gear drop in this area? Seems to be a great place for people who want to just socialize and maybe make new friends. Idk, maybe KI has done research and determined open area farming is not as good as farming a boss through a closed sigil. Just a thought.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Quinn0226a on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
I was questing in Plaza of Conquests by Lazlo Starblade today. As I was fighting this boss I thought what a great place to have as a social farming spot. It's not a closed in dungeon, and you have 4 bosses (Life, Storm, Myth and Balance) to choose from which a really cool drop could be obtained. How cool would it be to have a really nice piece of gear drop in this area? Seems to be a great place for people who want to just socialize and maybe make new friends. Idk, maybe KI has done research and determined open area farming is not as good as farming a boss through a closed sigil. Just a thought.
I love this place as well! In fact, I remember a time when everyone in the community (I believe this was circa-2010) went a little crazy farming these bosses in the exact spot you're mentioning. The Ianthine Spectre had been recently discovered as a drop, and it suddenly became "The place to be in Wizard101!"

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I remember way back in the day before I was a member that that's what happened at the Kraken (I think it still does to some extent.) I know that there are also the Pylons in Celestia (everyone trying to get that Starfish) that function this way and a few Hall Roaming Bosses in like KT/DS, but I think that having more open bosses like these Crystal Stand ones would be awesome!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
exp613 on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
I remember way back in the day before I was a member that that's what happened at the Kraken (I think it still does to some extent.) I know that there are also the Pylons in Celestia (everyone trying to get that Starfish) that function this way and a few Hall Roaming Bosses in like KT/DS, but I think that having more open bosses like these Crystal Stand ones would be awesome!
this is so unrelated to the post, but i got 2 star fishes back to back in a spiral cup :D

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Dworgyn on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
I love this place as well! In fact, I remember a time when everyone in the community (I believe this was circa-2010) went a little crazy farming these bosses in the exact spot you're mentioning. The Ianthine Spectre had been recently discovered as a drop, and it suddenly became "The place to be in Wizard101!"
Wow, sounds like a great place to be. :) Thanks for responding Dworgyn. I started playing Wizard101 after that fun time and just have not met anyone in my questing ventures. Where is "The place to be in Wizard101" at this time? I'll head over there now!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Quinn0226a on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Wow, sounds like a great place to be. :) Thanks for responding Dworgyn. I started playing Wizard101 after that fun time and just have not met anyone in my questing ventures. Where is "The place to be in Wizard101" at this time? I'll head over there now!
Loremaster has been pretty active since the last update with spell/TC farming.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
seethe42 on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
Loremaster has been pretty active since the last update with spell/TC farming.
Thanks Seethe, I appreciate your suggestion :) I have actually tirelessly farmed Loremaster. Would be great if she were out in the open like the crystal sigil bosses instead of behind a closed room sigil.