Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fallen From Grace?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello Everyone,

So I've played Wizard101 for a while now and I've read the message boards for a while too (I only recently started posting) but a common theme that I seen multiple times is this idea that people want to take a previously good character and fight them. In my mind I'm like "why?" The one that sticks out most is people want to fight evil Professors like an Anti-Ambrose or something and I personally don't understand the infatuation with this idea. (I for sure hope we don't have to fight an evil Ambrose, unless there is a really compelling story behind it.) I don't understand some people's need to turn everyone/everything evil and fight them. For example Malistaire was a pretty good villain, but we had to bring him back for Azteca and Darkmoor? He was a character that had fell from grace before, but any redemption he might have had was undermined by his summoning twice more. I hope that Malistaire does not make another reappearance after Darkmoor (he probably won't thankfully). Anyway, do you think that it is just a phase for some people that are a certain age to want to fight an evil version of everything? Or am I alone in not wanting to fight everything in the Spiral? I mean it's nice to meet NPC "friends" instead of having to fight everyone all the time. Just some thoughts....

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
They probably want a Star Wars style twist to enhance the storyline

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
To be honest I think a lot of people are just used to that type of thing. I know there are a lot of npcs in the game that will help you out and then they'll be like "ok meet me in my cave" and there's a dungeon sigil next to them.
....You can guess where that's going.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Some of it may be suggestions for exalted gauntlets. a few months a go i pitched a oni rematch with all 4 onis of mooshu

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
The Exalted gauntlets (etc.) have been previous low level baddies though. The idea for the Oni battles sounds interesting.

Adam and Mary are probably right that people just come to expect it. I understand that it can be a plot tool. I just feel that it can be overdone.