Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Etiquette class" for new/young players?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
As somebody who has played the game off and on for a long time, I feel like I have seen it all when it comes to rudeness in game. Luckily, most players I encounter are really nice and friendly, but encountering a rude players is still plenty annoying. I wonder if wizards who reach a certain level (level 5 or 10 maybe? nothing too high as many of these "rude" players are simply young kids/inexperienced wizards who don't understand what they're doing) have to take an "etiquette" class that tells them about some of the unwritten rules in the game.

The class could be in a format similar to the PvP tutorial so it's just a quick thing telling wizards the easy dos and don'ts in the game. The main annoyance I can think of right now is people who join a battle without asking, especially when the battle is nearly over! I'm sure we've all experienced that a few times. (I have also been the unwelcome player a time or two, especially when I was younger and just didn't get it).

Other unwritten rules unexperienced or young players might benefit from knowing would be to not ask for help from the same player over, and over, and over, and over again, and maybe telling players how the Team Up! and group features work? I'm sure there are other things people would benefit from knowing also. What does everyone else think about additional courtesies players should learn?

~Dakota Ravenmasklevel 69/Destiny Ravenmasklevel 36