Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Energy Gear Crafting

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Let’s examine a REAL situation. Let’s say there is a PVPer who doesn’t use any pets at all and doesn’t garden. So this player doesn’t need energy AT ALL. They have enough earned tickets to buy gear with energy boosts. They hit the vendor and have access to energy boosting gear that they’ll never use (if they continue this same pattern). They earned their rewards, fine, cool, no problem, congratulations :)

Now, I pet train and garden, but don’t PVP/Derby. That energy gear, however slight a boost, would benefit people like me much more than the previous example. I, however, have NO access to this extra gear. When you garden and pet train, every last piece energy counts. I feel like we are ignored in this area.

Energy is NOT used for pet games alone, yet, as far as I know, there are NO Wands or Amulets that can be crafted that give any boost in energy; and certainly no spell books. I know that Amulets can be bought with Arena Tickets, but I don’t play those games and shouldn’t be penalized because I don’t. It would be nice if we would be able to craft some Amulets/Wands/Spellbooks that give energy boosts that were NOT PvP/Pet rank required (so anybody could get them). I would have NO problem requiring Gardening Rank to Craft them. This would ensure the hard work and time was done. There’s 2 methods we could use:

General information
Location of Recipes: Avalon
Gardening Level Required to get Quest: 10
Energy Bonus: 10 (per item)
Quest Requirement: Yes, a quest would need to be done for the gardener before that option would be available.
Reagent: NO insane quantities/elite reagent requirements (amber, merle’s whisker, turquoise, meteor pieces, etc)

Method #1 - straight energy bonus
Method #2 - energy plus the following bonuses:

Wand Name: Green Thumb
Cards Supplied: 1 item card, that would be located in our treasure card spot, to cover all indoor or outdoor plants for Water, Bees, Music, Magic, Sun, and up to Rank 5 Pests

Amulet Name: Nature’s Agent
Effect: All Gardening Spells cost 5 less energy than normal

Spell Book Name: Magical Dirt
Effect: Rank 1 & 2 spells get an upgrade of area. A Rank 1 would now cover the size of rank 2 plots, rank 2 would now cover rank 3 plots. For Example, a Rank 1 Pollination spell normally covers one plot, this would make it cover the same size as the medium level Pollination spell.

I think these would be fair requirements, benefits, and world to acquire them. It would benefit EVERYBODY who gardens or trains pets without being exclusionary like they are now. PLEASE keep in mind that these are simply examples to get the discussion going. They’re not firm by any means, so let’s not have talk of them being OP or anything. Also, let's keep in mind I am saying nothing more than to expand on what already exists

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can farm Mirror Lake for Splendid gear, Tse-Tse drops it. Each piece gives you a +15 energy for a 45 total boost. It's the first battle and really quick if you decide not to do the whole dungeon. There's also the Baconator outfit that gives a total +30 energy that drops in Waterworks and Nastrond. There are also dropped rings with energy boosts. I'm not against the idea of crafted energy gear, just saying there is decent energy gear available without arena tickets or crowns. Crafted gear would be a welcomed additional option for some I agree.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just another little addition. I'd like to see the inclusion of all the great gardening spells that were TC-only dropped only in the Halloween mysterious cave event. The ALL indoor or outdoor plant spells were awesome for gardeners and should be learned spells at level 20.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on May 8, 2014 wrote:
Just another little addition. I'd like to see the inclusion of all the great gardening spells that were TC-only dropped only in the Halloween mysterious cave event. The ALL indoor or outdoor plant spells were awesome for gardeners and should be learned spells at level 20.
At gardening level 20, that would be a great addition for sure!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
If you go into the pet arena, here's the items, that are TICKET buy-able that give extra energy:

Athames:
Seargent's Stilletto of Zip - 2 Energy
Veteran's kris of Zeal - 3 energy
Wolf's Spike of Vitality - 4 energy

Amulet:
Plucky Chameleon's Charm - 2 energy
Amber Charm of Trapped moxie - 3 Energy
Amulet of Dragon Steam - 4 Energy

Ring
Raven's looper Ring - 2 Energy
Golden Stag's ring of Elan - 3 energy
Ring of vehement Lion - 4 Energy

So, if you combine all of that, it's an extra 12 energy that gardeners could use, but dont have access to, if they dont pet vs pet. This was the reason for my posting. That's 3 items worth of energy I could use to train my pet or garden, but it's not available to me.

Just adding this info for those who might not be sure what I was talking about. For those who already replied, there's no need to reply again (though you are certainly welcome to lol)