Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

easy way to level up

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
make sure you have a lot of traps & charms etc.

1. use your traps and charms

2. pass a few turns

3. heal when needed

4. then use your magic ( works for anbody and element)

NOTE: works best on lady blackhope the green ghost in unicorn way

Hoped i helped

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Um, I would really hope people could figure out how to battle.

Also, that isn't an easy way to level up at all. Doing quests is the only way. Right now in Marlybone I get around 900 exp per quest, while battling gives me about 25.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, doing battles is the longest way possible to level up. And if you are passing, then you are missing out on XP. You get XP from casting spells, not from passing. Even when I am 3rd or 4th in line and know that they enemy will be dead before my turn, I still cast a shield or heal spell just so I get credit for casting one final spell.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
loset isn't talking about how to battle so much as how to farm xp. I find that quests are still less tedious, but as I just managed to score 57 xp off 2 easy enemies without trying to farm them for xp, I believe that it can be just as easy and quick to do it that way, particularly if you're using a life wizard.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
One of the easist ways to level up is probably doing school quests, quests from Headmaster Ambrose, and doing those search quests for Zeke, like the smiths, beetles and yardbirds. Cheats online can be quite helpful.
-Destiny DawnRiver :)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i find that (especially in wizard city) if you can go to more then one road, go to all of them and collect side quest, right down what you have to do for all the quest after you all that you can, then try to find which are similar and you can do at the same time, right down the quest you get after that ect....
wizard city is GREAT!!! for doing this, you can even do it on the first street, and the 3 streets after unicorn way (triton fire cat and cyclops)

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
The problem is that you can't be sure that you will have traps and charms when you are a low level. Ice wizards don't get their IceBlade spell until level 38. By that level, battling enemies for experience is a waste of time, unless you complete a quest for it.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I agree with all of the people saying that completing quests is the best way to level up, but dueling monsters can get you equipment and gold really fast. I remember when I was a non member and had finished all of the quests in the beginner area - I had to farm bosses (like killing Lady Blackhope solo 30 times in a row) to get experience. It worked, but quests can make the time go by much faster (and make it more interesting). :P

-Scarlet Angelbane

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Blazian wrote:
Um, I would really hope people could figure out how to battle.

Also, that isn't an easy way to level up at all. Doing quests is the only way. Right now in Marlybone I get around 900 exp per quest, while battling gives me about 25.

You should do quests that make you fight.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
i was fighting the sneak guy in MB as my myth person and i got 99 exp for doing it that is more than some quests! of course i almost died twice but i was alone so what ever. Anyway i guess this is the most you can get out of a single battle, i guess. though i would share that with all of you good people out there!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
I agree with most of the people here, who say it is easier to do quests. However, if you want to earn a big amount of XP from fighting, use as many pips as you can. The rule is that the more pips you use in a battle, the more XP you will get.
Note: My personal record is 205 XP, from the MacTavishes.
(For those who don't know, you fight Lucius MacTavish as a Balance only quest. He has 1900 HP, and his minion has 1300. I beat him when I had 2000 something! )

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
here is a way easy to level up

1.be a member

2.do all qust in that world

3.go to next world

works swear

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
It is me again another way you can level up is doing every side quest in all the worlds my friend is at a lower quest than me but a higher level he just started dragonspire and he is level 48.Or you can do all your boss quest once you are in mushu or dragonspire boss quest gives like 2000 xp. The highest quest i done is when you finish mushu you get 3000 xp for talking to the headmaster and 3000 xp for defeating the myth teacher. He is really easy though

hope i helped

Adamdragontamer
fire school
level 47

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
ok man, the easiest way to level up is to forget your natural attraction to pvp and do your quests as quick as you can because in the end you want to level up you gain extreme amounts of xp in questing, the worst place to quest is grizzleheim, the best if you can get one of your legendary friends to take you is one of the dungeons in celestia it gives you 30xp that is only if you need xp fast