Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake and Orthrus myth spells?

2
AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 10, 2009
545
cbfan14 wrote:
A lot of people don't realize this, but Orthrus does more than just attack twice. It doesn't say on the card but when Orthrus attacks the first time, it removes all shields and traps on the opponent, whether they are valid or no. I've seen this card remove 3 absorb shields, a storm shield, and a death shield in one attack(which haapened to be its first attack). As for earthquake, yes I agree its attack could be bumped up just a bit.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer


I use orthus all the time and have never seen it remove all shields EVER.. Just saying....

ellie

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
sry. there is a ps.

one that doesn't remove the traps that your peers have laid down, but only the traps and blades would be nice.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
9
I am a level 47 Ice wizard and I disagree with you.
I honestly think that Ice spells need adjustment because Ice has the weakest spells (no offense to current Ice wizards).
But as for orthrus, yeah i think it needs fixing. Take a look at the storm seventh rank spell Storm Lord. Storm Lord does 690 damage to all enemies and stuns. Orthrus on the other hand does 700 damage in total and only hits one enemy. So yeah i also think Orthrus spell needs some improvement.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
14
I agree, I am a grandmaster conjurer and when i have to do quests alone like the celestia preview quests where you have to get the parts of the stone w/e. Anyway when i have to do the dragonspire part to get the last piece, I can't defeat them because I have to kill everyone one by one with Orthrus but if i use humongofrog it takes around 3 frogs just to finish the battle but by then i will be dead. I just hope that the level 58 spell quest will be a Hit Everyone spell. Thanks!

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
75
i think so too just because it hits twice doesnt mean thats it at least make it all enemies or stun

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
14
ositomean99 wrote:
I am a level 47 Ice wizard and I disagree with you.
I honestly think that Ice spells need adjustment because Ice has the weakest spells (no offense to current Ice wizards).
But as for orthrus, yeah i think it needs fixing. Take a look at the storm seventh rank spell Storm Lord. Storm Lord does 690 damage to all enemies and stuns. Orthrus on the other hand does 700 damage in total and only hits one enemy. So yeah i also think Orthrus spell needs some improvement.



YES! perfect example i am a grandmaster conjurer and i agree with this comment.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
Earthquake removes all shields, traps and blades from the opponent. It does not remove them of the wizard who cast it or their team mates,

What makes it a bad spell is that it removes all the traps during the hit, instead of just the blades and shields like it was designed to do.

Orthrus does not remove any traps, shields or blades. It just does a double attack. In order to get a decent attack you have to double trap the opponent.

Myth does need a stronger attack spells. I know it isn't one of the strongest schools, but one good spell, like judgement for balance or storm lord for storm, would be great.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
23
MissNat wrote:
The only BAD thing about Earthquake is that it also removes shields you or someone else cast.
It should just remove THEIR shields, not ours.

As for the Orthrus, it should still attack them all, not just one like all the other schools.


I never use Earthquake right now. It remove blades and shields from my buddies as well as those baddies. It also removes all the traps my buddies set. So, it does less than stellar damage, barely more than the Humongofrog, however, it removes all the other schools traps your team sets on the enemy, and it removes shields and blades your buddies set on themselves.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
18
In general, I think Myth is just fine the way it is. Myth is a school that simply takes awhile to set up in high health places. I have a grand myth and lvl 48 fire and there are advantages to each.

Myth is a shield breaker and can devestate an enemy that has put up a lot of blades and traps--you just have to be aware of when to use it and when not--don't hit when your friends have carefully laid all their feints! Myth is wicked for taking out tower shields. Myth, because we tend to NEED feint and traps and blades, also is a phenomenal helper wizard because when we are with other wizards that hit harder, we can focus on blading, trapping and taking out shields when necessary.

Myth is also great against storm monsters and balance--especially in DS where boosts are so high.

There are tricks that can be used to make orthrus hit really high without double trapping everything--if you lay down multiple traps (reg myth trap, spirit trap, and either treasure trap or the necklace trap) then put on a prism, the first hit will convert to storm and won't take out all your traps and your second hit will be boosted with all the traps. Even just waiting to put on one blade with a trap and prism can boost tremendously and you can take out a tower on the first hit!

The people I've seen get really frustrated with myth either don't have patience or don't know how to use blades and traps. I have to admit myself, I just did malistaire with a lvl 48 myth (I was using my fire wizard) and I was so frustrated by their lack of ability to be helpful--they were not blading or trapping or helping the other wizards, just using minotaur and orthrus. UGH :)

That said, I too was bummed that myth doesn't have any high hit spells that attack all (but neither does life-i still don't know how a life wiz could have the patience to solo DS, it must take forever.). My main annoyance with myth is that there are no spells that give back health and I have yet to figure out a way to set up my wizard without learning life to satyr.

Tara Wildflower
Grandmaster Myth

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
3
I think Orthrus is a very good spell. It attacks twice to do a lot of damage, it is a very strong spell. But Earthquake needs some improvement. It needs to have better damage and when I used it, I saw that it takes away the traps that you and your friends cast on your enemy. I have a fire friend and me and him are like Batman and Robin. When we got our level 42 spells, we casted them on a boss and he was gonna do a big hit with helephant but I casted Earthquake and it removed his trap. That made me and him really angry . I wish that with Earthquake it removed just the charms and shields that they casted. So Orthrus is awesome but Earthquake needs some improvement.

Alexander MythBlood
Level 42 Conjurer

Myth Wizard ROCK!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
38
Maybe since the orthrus is a double attacking spell it will take too long to attack all enemies imagine all the stuff it does one small attack then a big one isnt that already enoug

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
38
The card says 310 myth damage and remove wards ( shields that block damage) traps ( shields that increase damage to enemy ) charms ( school blades : fire ice storm life myth death and balance and charms that remove something from them: accuracy or strenght) maybe they should put remove opponents wards and charms so they dont take out your traps and weakening charms to the enemy and increase its damage i mean 310 really?

Cause once i was with my myth friend used his earthquake treasure card and remove my traps! i had to do the traps all over again

The Wizard101 company ( KINGSISLE) should REALLY change that

If you agree with me respond to this comment and say what you myth wizards out there in the spiral think if they should change the earthquake or not

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
38
alanlikeswizard101 wrote:
Actually Orthrus is great! The damge of Orthrus is 800 The orther spells don't do as much damage I talked to a master conjurer and he told me that! So it's great for defeating one opponent. For example, If a monster has 789 health left Orthrus will kill it easily while spells like firedragon will still leave it standing. Earthquake is pretty good, too. Yeah I agree it's attack points aren't the good but it can remove the opponents boost like plus 70% attack and your plus ward! Myth rules!

Aprrentice Conjurer,
Actually fire dragon's over 3 rounds spells does work to beat him cause it does 791 over 3 rounds of combat faster if you put traps before the next hit :)
791- 789 = -2 :D
By the way i think that he was talking bout his pet orthrus that gives more damage than the original card it actually does 700 myth damage with no extra blades or traps or equipment in the two attacks :(

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
38
navyhooker wrote:
nlhf1995 wrote:
I am a level 46 myth wizard (Conjurer) and I am generally pleased with myth. However, I think in addition to taking away shields and blades, the damage needs to be increased to the Earthquake spell because it is underpowered. Being a 6 pip spell, it needs to at least take away 450- 500.
Now for Orthrus. I think it is great how it attacks twice but compared to the other lvl 48 spells, it is not that great because it neither stuns nor heals you in any way. Also, it only attacks one enemy unlike many other lvl 48 spells.

And just throwing this out there, Myth needs to have some better defenses, not to get picky.

What do you think?


Orthrus is fine as is. It a GREAT SPELL!!! Being able to get around one shield a hugh advantage... very very very hugh. (help big time when going second in duels).

Earthquake is fine too. It not about the damage it does but the remove of shields. Nothing ruins a fire,storm, or ice when they are about to attack and you just wipe their attack bouns from them. MU HA HA HA!!!
maybe you are right for example a storm enemy can cast a myth shield then you do orthrus and the first shield disappears so it leaves the rest of the way cleared for the real damage :-)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
38
Maybe they should just make the earthquake spell do damage not remove shields and charms and your traps

it would be a huge disadvantage if that spell took out some feints that other wizards cast on the enemies when you cast two of the same spell only one gets used then with eartquake you would remove the others that werent used in the attack part

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
14
I agree that Earthquake doesn't seem worth the pips, but that's only because at lower levels Frog is fine (because enemies don't power up as much) and at higher levels, Minotaur and Orthrus don't need help like that because they're so awesome! (I do keep a few frogs around for the lower guys).

Seriously the commenters here have no idea how killer it is to bust shields.

I sit back and watch some Storm boss load up on blades and traps, only to pop out my Storm shield and watch him waste 6 pips and as many rounds doing only 200 points of damage! I haven't done much player v player, but this seems like too easy. You just sit back and don't cast your storm shield until the only way for them to remove it sucks up all their blades and traps too!

Meanwhile you beat this every time. Sure, if the boss shields early you can hit him with a low level storm spell to take it out, but what if you just spent a bunch of rounds blading and trapping? There's no way for you to cast a storm spell to get rid of that shield w/o it sucking up the blades and traps too so you're stuck! But with Myth, you never have to worry whether the boss is about to shield himself. Your Orthrus or Minotaur will hit will full force.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
62
I don't realy agree. Orthrus, not so much, He is just as strong as dragon. The damge is just imedet instead of half of it being it from lingering. But there is no such thing as a perfect spell, for example, earthquake not only gets rid of the blades and shields, it also destroys the traps and dispells. The spell's flaw is something you just have to tolerate.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
40
I am guessing that the spells are as they are because Myth can also have minions out there fighting as well, and minions can be buffed, too. An enraged minotaur minion can also be throwing a 700 hp, 3 pip spell (source: Wizard101Central.com).

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
Sorry guys but the time for complaining about earthquake was when the game was still on bet and the time for complaining about orthrus was when rank 7 spells were still on the test realm. Both of those times are past and nether spell will be changed, i can guarantee it. You can, however, probably expect a really good spell in Celestia as compensation for earthquake.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
89
tylerdavick wrote:
nero3450 wrote:
i to love myth and myth is the best in my opinion but i think it needs a little more. i think orthrus should attack all enemies and earthquake being a 6 pip spell should do 450 yo 500 damage and take away all shields, also the spell pierce should take away blades to and not just shields because i could take away a myth shield by using a weak myth attack like the one from my wand for no pips and then attack where as pierce uses one pip to take away a shield i could take away with no pips. and since orthrus is a one enemy attack i think that it should do alot more damage or simply make it attack everyone. i though i just might share my concerns :D


I think that orthrus is a great spell and i like the fact that it has two attacks... yes it takes two traps but if the enemy has a shield it also takes that away with the first attack...... I think orthrus should be a little bit more powerful though because if you look at the other schools, they have attacks that attack all doing around 400-700 damage to ALL enemies... Orthrus should be a little bit more powerful, but overall I love the spell it's awesome!!!!!! The reason KingsIsle made orthrus, I think, is because myth has both earthquake and humongofrog that attack all enemies... so..... they might have wanted to make the lvl 48 myth spell attack only one target... That is one way myth is different from the other schools........... :) :)

Tyler- Level 50 (Grandmaster Myth)



Death only has one attack all spell in Scarecrow, so I fail to see what your complaining about.

2