Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Early Game Balance Wizard Changes/Ideas.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2020
Currently I am a level 98 Balance Wizard.

Now I have many idea's as the next guys on how to "I can re-balance everything", but in this post I am not going to suggest a big rework, but some general early game buff's that would help make Wizards more enjoyable from the levels 1-58. I chose levels 1-58 because once I got Ra I started to feel like I enjoyed Balance a lot more, even though it still suffers from the same problems as low level Wizards, just slightly less because of gear upgrades.
  1. The reason why I decided to make this post is after playing my Wizard mostly solo from 1-58 I struggled a lot. I didn't do enough damage and as a result I took more damage than usual or just ended up dying, fighting Minions or Bosses is a pain especially when they use Elemental Defuse (which gives a ,, and shield for 50%). Elemental Defuse blocks wizards 2 only ways to deal with Enemies at early levels. Hydra and Spectral Blast.
  2. Most fights with Minions, you have to fight 2 of them. Thus making killing both with Sandstorm a hard thing to do with its low base damage, balance resist from the enemies, and the percentage you get from Blade. So you are left to use Spectral Blast or Hydra to kill Minions or Bosses in these 2 ways, but again those minions can use Elemental Defuse, making it harder and annoying to kill.

My solution to these 2 problems that Wizards have are as followed.
  1. Allow Wizards to learn Spirit Blast. Spirit blast is a spell that exist in the game that enemies (not wizards) can use already and is very similar to Spectral Blast but does , , or damage instead.
    Spirit blast does 445, 360, or 400. For 4 Pips. With 85% accuracy.
    Allowing Wizards to have access to Spirit Blast will help them deal with Bosses or Minions that use Elemental Defuse, and give them more options late game to fight Enemies that also use both Spirit Defuse (which gives a , , and shield for 50%). They will be able to switch between Spirit Blast and Spectral Blast depending on the situation.
  2. Create a new Aoe Spell that allows Wizards to be able to hit Enemies. The idea behind this new spell, is to allow Wizards to have an early game clear against Minions, but would't necessarily be better than Sandstorm, but equal to it. It is just suppose to be a tool for dealing with more specifically Enemies, not really Bosses.

Spell Idea-

Essence Blast
    4 pips
    85% accuracy

Does 275, , , , , , or Damage to all enemies. (It picks a random element to deal 275 damage only hitting once to all enemies).

I believe this would be a good spell to add is it allows lower level Wizards to be able to hit Enemies. It equal to Sandstorm (Sandstorms damage being 255-295) in terms of cost and effectiveness.

Both Spirit Blast & Essence Blast can be Spells Balance Wizards can learn from Mildred Farseer, in Colossus Boulevard at level 22 for Spirit Blast and then 26 for Essence Blast. I chose her because she also teach's another spell Reshuffle.

I believe these buffs/ changes would be super beneficial to Wizards experience when playing as a Wizard. I wanted to keep away from just adding in a convert for because I don't think thats what the school was trying to go for. It has the ability to use other schools types of damage to hit enemies, so by giving them a convert, whats the point of using Hydra, Spectral Blast, or Chimera. Having a convert/prism spell negates the use of 3 of the most unique spells they have.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Small things I think could be interesting and help are-

Balance Blade- Increase the 25% to 35% to when you cast it on yourself.

Loremaster- Increase damage from 235-315 to 260-340.

These are just other idea's not related to the big post. Just other small idea's I had bouncing around.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2020
I just realized that after making the post I messed up on it. Elemental defuse and spirit defuse are the balance 5 pip dispels. I meant to say Elemental Shield and Spirit Shield. Just a quick note.