Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dump that deck button

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
In the window where you are placing spells in your deck, let's have a button that allows us to dump the whole deck instantly if we want to start from scratch. Clicking 40+ times per deck can be a chore for those that carry multiple decks.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Well, there's not much need to change the deck around when you're carrying multiple ones. I, personally, carry at least four decks: A speed-kill deck, a boss-deck, a regular-battle deck and a support deck.

And really, you only need minor changes when required. So, while it's annoying to dump the whole deck when you're starting over from scratch, I'd rather have to click 40+ times a few times per month, than screaming in frustration when I accidentally click the "reset deck" button during my attempts of pulling a fairy out of a 60+ card deck...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
In the window where you are placing spells in your deck, let's have a button that allows us to dump the whole deck instantly if we want to start from scratch. Clicking 40+ times per deck can be a chore for those that carry multiple decks.

Still a good idea the second time around.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/41234.ftl#231089

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
Well, there's not much need to change the deck around when you're carrying multiple ones. I, personally, carry at least four decks: A speed-kill deck, a boss-deck, a regular-battle deck and a support deck.

And really, you only need minor changes when required. So, while it's annoying to dump the whole deck when you're starting over from scratch, I'd rather have to click 40+ times a few times per month, than screaming in frustration when I accidentally click the "reset deck" button during my attempts of pulling a fairy out of a 60+ card deck...

I too carry multiple decks for generic purposes (solo, group, bosses, etc). However, I don't carry a specific deck for each type of cheating boss. This is where CorbinW's idea comes in handy. Instead of having multiple decks for Briskbreeze, Helephant Tower, Waterworks, etc I have only one that I can quickly switch out prior to going in.

I make major (not minor) changes with cheating bosses, since Treasures become almost dependent.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't agree. I have multiple decks too just like Bookshelvings does. It doesn't really take that much time to alter a deck if needed.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
I don't agree. I have multiple decks too just like Bookshelvings does. It doesn't really take that much time to alter a deck if needed.

If the idea was ever implemented, you wouldn't have to use it. Not sure why it would not be a good idea to include. Even addressing the accidental reset situation...like everything else in Wizard101, you are asked to confirm if that is your final decision, so you would have to "accidentally" hit it twice. Plus, as you indicated "It doesn't really take that much time to alter a deck" or rebuild in this instance.

Also, it doesn't take that long to get from place to place in Wizard101, but they added placemarks and mounts to speed things up a bit. Same idea here.

Sure, something like this would rank at the very bottom in terms of needs, but I assume something like this would not be difficult, nor time-consuming. But the introduction should not change anything for those that don't care, it is either used or not.

For those of us that change special decks daily (because we are doing Mirror Lake, Waterworks, Helephant Tower,etc rotations) it would speed things up just a bit.