Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dual Blade

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I was thinking it would be helpful if KI would add a "Dual Blade" charm to our arsenal. We have single, zero-pip school specific blades, and zero-pip universal blades, and 1-pip spirit and elemental blades, and 1-pip multi-blades for everyone in the group, so how about a 2-pip dual blade. Something that would provide two different blade boosts in one cast. For 2 pips you'd get a +20% and a +25% blade all in one shot. Not too overpowered and also costly to cast but it could be critical when you're boosting for a big hit but don't think you can wait that extra round to cast another single blade. Another variation could be two of the same % blade... especially useful for a Myth wizard's dual attack or other wizards using DOT attacks. Kind of like a blade version of Fuel. Something like this would almost have to be an astral school spell only available at relatively high level.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
I dont think you understand how DoT or Myth's multi attacks work...
A single blade for either type of attack boosts the ENTIRE attack. So with one blade, Minotaur does 68 + 601 damage.
But I like your idea... although the TC variants would have to be no auction. Last thing we need is a bunch of baby wizards running around spamming 4> pip spells.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
TucsonWizard on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I was thinking it would be helpful if KI would add a "Dual Blade" charm to our arsenal. We have single, zero-pip school specific blades, and zero-pip universal blades, and 1-pip spirit and elemental blades, and 1-pip multi-blades for everyone in the group, so how about a 2-pip dual blade. Something that would provide two different blade boosts in one cast. For 2 pips you'd get a +20% and a +25% blade all in one shot. Not too overpowered and also costly to cast but it could be critical when you're boosting for a big hit but don't think you can wait that extra round to cast another single blade. Another variation could be two of the same % blade... especially useful for a Myth wizard's dual attack or other wizards using DOT attacks. Kind of like a blade version of Fuel. Something like this would almost have to be an astral school spell only available at relatively high level.
i dont really agree with this idea....i think adding new spells would be a problem for KI to do and this would be very confusing.I think it is perfectly fine the way it is.