Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

does it bother you?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
because i know it bothers me. how the game has the creatures you battle have the same spell that you have but in the version of another school.

ex: thunder snake - i have seen it as a fire snake and an ice snake, and kind-a bothers me to see you spell as another school.

they are only copied from the schools, storm, fire and ice, and most of the spells copied are from the storm school. can't the creature you're battling cast spells from its own class instead of casting your spells in another form?

please tell me what you think

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I agree!! I had created a post about the same thing long ago but I don't think anyone bothered to read it. I also thought that they only come in forms of the elemental spells!! What about myth, life, and death??? I am a life/myth student so I wish there was like algae bat instead of blood bat but for life or something!!! And I think KI has enough creativity to come up with new spell ideas right?!?!
~Natalie Crowshard
Grandmaster Theurgist 8) 8) 8)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I personally dont care. They are monsters so they get different spells than us. Just as most balance monsters dont have Power Nova and i do. We are different, we have different ways of defending. Plus, dont you agree it is cool to see some new spells that you dont see shooting out of another person's wand constantly? I like variety from us and the monsters. I also think it is pretty darn cool seeing spells in different forms. Who wouldve thought of an ice kraken? But i do think they should include more than the elemental schools into these different forms. I mean, wouldnt a life or DEATH kraken sound cool?

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
CheeserBob wrote:
ex: thunder snake - i have seen it as a fire snake and an ice snake, and kind-a bothers me to see you spell as another school.

they are only copied from the schools, storm, fire and ice, and most of the spells copied are from the storm school.

The fact that monsters have these spells does not bother me. Variety is the spice of life.

I have been vexed by the following, though:

* There are no transmute cards that make it possible for a player to create an Ice Shark treasure card

* Elik charges way too much for the transmute cards that do exist (500 gold for a card that let's you make a Storm beetle? Give me a break!

Explorer
May 24, 2009
CheeserBob wrote:
because i know it bothers me. how the game has the creatures you battle have the same spell that you have but in the version of another school.

they are only copied from the schools, storm, fire and ice, and most of the spells copied are from the storm school. can't the creature you're battling cast spells from its own class instead of casting your spells in another form?

you can rarely get mutate treasure cards which do just that. change your spells school

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Helios713 wrote:
CheeserBob wrote:

you can rarely get mutate treasure cards which do just that. change your spells school

Not all of the spells have mutate cards though! How about Fire Kraken, Ice Kraken, and there are many others! And you sure can't make a Ice Snake!

Sorry if I named the spells wrong but have never seen an official listing of the names of some of these mutations.

But, really, I have used quite a few mutations just for fun, but you are better off just selling any mutation cards you get. I don't think they are worth the cost for a spell that lasts a few a seconds or so and then is gone.There is rarely a use for mutations other than the Elves. At least the elves can help to keep an enemy from reshielding for a few rounds while also doing some damage. All the other spells are one use and in my book; if they can't kill the enemy, and are one shot spells, then why use it?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
it mainly bothers me that the mutation spell sometimes does more damage than the spell that it came from. like having a spell changed yo your class and done on you doing more damage than the spell it came from.
like lightning bats is changed to fire bats or something and it does more damage than the lightning bats did.