Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does everyone agree?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Alright, this is mainly about Balance, but you can post your opinion. Well, you know how many Balance wizards (Including me) are wanting the Spirit Blast spell to come out? Well, KI, please don't make a rank 10 Spirit Blast or I'll probably just quit balance Well, what I'd gladly work for at the next level max at level 78 would be a rank 4 Spirit Blast spell that does the exact same amount of damage as Spectral Blast. I mean, come on, the spell description damage already takes out more then a quarter of 6 school's health! Not to mention with the insane damage boost and crazy boosts and lucky criticals (That appear to be harder to block due to the insane amounts of critical rating), that PvP has been getting boring. Now, it's a game of who can hit the hardest, and fastest. So, that's why I think each school should get a fair rank 4 spell, or just maybe only Balance because even a low rank spell can be as powerful as any other!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I don't think that there should be a Spectral blast that has been other-school-ified. Spectral blast is Spectral blast. Maybe a transmutate spell, but that is as far as I will go.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
eggywig wrote:
I don't think that there should be a Spectral blast that has been other-school-ified. Spectral blast is Spectral blast. Maybe a transmutate spell, but that is as far as I will go.

Well, I'm sure that the only reason that Hydra was created after a couple months of wizard101 was because Spectral Blast was a good way to cover up for it. Chimera isn't a spell if it doesn't have anything to do with any other of Balance's spells.

Defender
May 29, 2011
I agree, but spectral and spirit blast cant be exactly the same. Just like elemental and spirit shields, spirit shields were 1 pip cause they are more complicated then the elemental schools. So, it would probably be 5 pips with a little lower damage then spectral blast, but side effects to equal it out.

Mycin legenddreamer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't see why balance couldn't have a Spiritual Blast spell.

Balance is supposed to be all schools and we have very little that follows on the Spirit side. Chimera is the first to follow that path. We should have had a Spiritual spell long before this.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
I agree, but spectral and spirit blast cant be exactly the same. Just like elemental and spirit shields, spirit shields were 1 pip cause they are more complicated then the elemental schools. So, it would probably be 5 pips with a little lower damage then spectral blast, but side effects to equal it out.

Mycin legenddreamer

Elemental and Spirit Shields are the exact same amount of pips: 0
Not to mention Elemental and Spirit blades/traps, at the pip cost of 1. All of those are equal and none overwhelms the other.

Defender
May 29, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
mkt3 wrote:

Mycin legenddreamer

Not to mention Elemental and Spirit blades/traps, at the pip cost of 1. All of those are equal and none overwhelms the other.

That is where your wrong. Spirit shield used to have 1 pip in the past. I did say spirit shields WERE one pip right?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Alright, this is mainly about Balance, but you can post your opinion. Well, you know how many Balance wizards (Including me) are wanting the Spirit Blast spell to come out? Well, KI, please don't make a rank 10 Spirit Blast or I'll probably just quit balance Well, what I'd gladly work for at the next level max at level 78 would be a rank 4 Spirit Blast spell that does the exact same amount of damage as Spectral Blast. I mean, come on, the spell description damage already takes out more then a quarter of 6 school's health! Not to mention with the insane damage boost and crazy boosts and lucky criticals (That appear to be harder to block due to the insane amounts of critical rating), that PvP has been getting boring. Now, it's a game of who can hit the hardest, and fastest. So, that's why I think each school should get a fair rank 4 spell, or just maybe only Balance because even a low rank spell can be as powerful as any other!
I don't want rank 10 spells at all! 9 is plenty already, 10 is to many! I want new spells but not that many pips. Like they need to make more7-8 pip spells.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
bravevline wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
I don't want rank 10 spells at all! 9 is plenty already, 10 is to many! I want new spells but not that many pips. Like they need to make more7-8 pip spells.

My only question when people say this: What happens when the gear stats are actually increased? I mean think about it why would you want weaker spells when gear would be increased? I mean you are not going to see them make spells that are 7 pips that do more damage when we get to lvl 78. That would basically mean that the rank 8 and rank 9 spells would be useless. They would cost more pips and do less damage. So I am not sure what the solution would be to this problem. What if there was a way to start out with 3-4 powerpips? or what if it was possible to get a mega powerpip(where instead of 2 pips like a normal powerpip you get 3 pips and it would be a dark green color??)

The solution in the end will not be to make spells less pips but will probably be to fine a way to give us more pips.

Blake NightWraith

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
bravevline wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

My only question when people say this: What happens when the gear stats are actually increased? I mean think about it why would you want weaker spells when gear would be increased? I mean you are not going to see them make spells that are 7 pips that do more damage when we get to lvl 78. That would basically mean that the rank 8 and rank 9 spells would be useless. They would cost more pips and do less damage. So I am not sure what the solution would be to this problem. What if there was a way to start out with 3-4 powerpips? or what if it was possible to get a mega powerpip(where instead of 2 pips like a normal powerpip you get 3 pips and it would be a dark green color??)

The solution in the end will not be to make spells less pips but will probably be to fine a way to give us more pips.

Blake NightWraith

No, rank 4 spells would not be more powerful then rank 5 spells, and rank 6-7 spells wouldn't be as strong as rank 8 spells. Why you think this, I don't know. But I'll be honest here, when I enchant my Spectral Blasts, and since I can control them, I can practically hit 200 damage per pip, meaning 800 damage, but insane damage boost, minus resist, and also plus my boosts. Already, my Spectral Blasts hit over 1000, even with no blades. I personally would not like to get mega pips, because then Judgement would be the only spell I'd ever think of using. Ever this the update of Zafaria, I've noticed a great pvp change that messes it up. From strategy and skill, it's the who can hit the hardest and fastest game. I've been blocking criticals less, but my shields save me. Rank 9 spells if I didn't shield would take out over 55% of my health, so I'd be half dead. That's why I want rank 4 spells for level 78, instead of rank 10. We're not ready for 1.3-1.7k damage spells!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
mkt3 wrote:

Mycin legenddreamer

That is where your wrong. Spirit shield used to have 1 pip in the past. I did say spirit shields WERE one pip right?

Yeah, I think I do remember them being 1 pip, but they were changed because they did the same effect as Elemental Shield.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
fx41001 wrote:
bravevline wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Blake NightWraith

No, rank 4 spells would not be more powerful then rank 5 spells, and rank 6-7 spells wouldn't be as strong as rank 8 spells. Why you think this, I don't know. But I'll be honest here, when I enchant my Spectral Blasts, and since I can control them, I can practically hit 200 damage per pip, meaning 800 damage, but insane damage boost, minus resist, and also plus my boosts. Already, my Spectral Blasts hit over 1000, even with no blades. I personally would not like to get mega pips, because then Judgement would be the only spell I'd ever think of using. Ever this the update of Zafaria, I've noticed a great pvp change that messes it up. From strategy and skill, it's the who can hit the hardest and fastest game. I've been blocking criticals less, but my shields save me. Rank 9 spells if I didn't shield would take out over 55% of my health, so I'd be half dead. That's why I want rank 4 spells for level 78, instead of rank 10. We're not ready for 1.3-1.7k damage spells!

You didn't read my message and I wasn't even quoting you JJcool, but reread it against because I was talking about what brave was saying. Also, why would you want ranked 4 spells when there will be increases gear strength? That makes no since lets get weaker spells because we get better gear? Gear strength comes with every level update and as you lvl up. That is why card strength also goes up because you have recently got better gear and need some newer spells that compete with this lvl cap increase.

But I would suggest KI do what darth was saying. ( or at least I think it was him from memory) I would propose that Wysteria be expanded without a cap increase. At this time you could add in a section of rank 4-5 spells like what you want. That way people get the newer spells that are low lvl spells and the spells would be in the same lvl area at which you would normally be getting the card ( meaning if I am in my lvl 20's I would be getting a rank 4-5 spell anyways) when go through the game.

I think that solves your problem but I would still like to see higher hitting cards for higher hitting gear when the lvl cap is increased again. Thats just my opinion.

Blake NightWraith

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
You didn't read my message and I wasn't even quoting you JJcool, but reread it against because I was talking about what brave was saying. Also, why would you want ranked 4 spells when there will be increases gear strength? That makes no since lets get weaker spells because we get better gear? Gear strength comes with every level update and as you lvl up. That is why card strength also goes up because you have recently got better gear and need some newer spells that compete with this lvl cap increase.

But I would suggest KI do what darth was saying. ( or at least I think it was him from memory) I would propose that Wysteria be expanded without a cap increase. At this time you could add in a section of rank 4-5 spells like what you want. That way people get the newer spells that are low lvl spells and the spells would be in the same lvl area at which you would normally be getting the card ( meaning if I am in my lvl 20's I would be getting a rank 4-5 spell anyways) when go through the game.

I think that solves your problem but I would still like to see higher hitting cards for higher hitting gear when the lvl cap is increased again. Thats just my opinion.

Blake NightWraith

I know you didn't even quote me, but I still jump into conversations. I know that you have an entitled opinion to stronger spells, but who knows, maybe we won't be getting better gear until a while. And if we are, then that means that our damage boost and critical would increase.

I like Darth's idea in the Wysteria expansion, but that's not really where I'm getting to. I want more lower rank spells because it makes pvp more interesting and more deck strategies. Did you notice how when the level cap was at 40 (I didn't make this account then, but I prefer it much more now), how pvp was fun because of how many different strategies there were? Now, most of the schools focus on one strategy, and that leads off to no challenge at all and it's all a predictable game. Spells have already been getting overpowered, so that's why I'm asking a question:
Would you mind getting a rank 4 or 5 spell that's good but not too powerful to quick-kill spam your opponents for just level 78?

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Blake NightWraith

I know you didn't even quote me, but I still jump into conversations. I know that you have an entitled opinion to stronger spells, but who knows, maybe we won't be getting better gear until a while. And if we are, then that means that our damage boost and critical would increase.

I like Darth's idea in the Wysteria expansion, but that's not really where I'm getting to. I want more lower rank spells because it makes pvp more interesting and more deck strategies. Did you notice how when the level cap was at 40 (I didn't make this account then, but I prefer it much more now), how pvp was fun because of how many different strategies there were? Now, most of the schools focus on one strategy, and that leads off to no challenge at all and it's all a predictable game. Spells have already been getting overpowered, so that's why I'm asking a question:
Would you mind getting a rank 4 or 5 spell that's good but not too powerful to quick-kill spam your opponents for just level 78?

Yes I would mind if it was at lvl 78 but not so much getting newer rank 4-5 spells. I mean I see where you are saying when the game was capped at lvl 40. I was on another account also my death account. But you gotta remember that was when there was: less health, no universal resist( except ice), there weren't mastery amulets, there weren't may cast talents like spritely, and secondary schools were really worth training. (When I say this I mean for attacking purposes, not healing or shielding)

This is what allowed for that variety and confusing deck strategies. I mean when secondary schools were worth training it was easier, there weren't allot of training points out there and strategies could vary because of that. People did not have healing sources except life ( and fire if you consider link) or unless they trained it. Pets did help in battle but no where like what they do currently, and it was more about skill.

This is what causes people to stick to one strategy.

Our huge boost is what what makes secondary schools useless and criticals only affect your individual school. (unless your willing to sacrifice things like resistance in order to get it) Mastery amulets do not help, they only make it worse. The main ones used are the life and the myth. Life for healing like satyr and myth for shatter and earthquake. Lastly the newer pets that have may cast talents. People rely on them more than anything to work, and when they fail, they usually lose a battle.

So if your only adding the new spells to add variety to the game cso the game is less predictable, I can see where your coming from. However, I feel as if things will stay the same even with spells such as these are added. Plus everything I mentioned that makes the game predictable is still in the game currently. But let me as you this: What is gonna deter people from using spells that they already have to quick kill your opponents if weaker spells are released at lvl 78, assuming there is not a real gear change?

Blake

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010