Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you play Wizard101 on a Netbook? Tell us about

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
Lillypup2 wrote:
umm... it has a slight problem of turning off in the middle of the game.

same here :x

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
I just started playing on a netbook. I have an Aspire one, that I didn't think I would be able to use, because of everything I read about them, but actually, it is working pretty good. Thanks KI for making it possible. Playing the game on a cheap netbook made things a whole lot simpler for my family. No more lap top fights. :-)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I played W101 on my HP DV9920US for a while.
Resolution: 1440x900
Graphics all set to High, loaded the high detail textures.

Everything played really smooth. The laptop had 4Gb Ram, and a poor video card with 2Gb shared memory. I believe the video card was a nVidia GeForce Go 7150M. AMD Turion X2 processor.

I was pleased with the performance. My laptop has a tendency to overheat, but it did not with this game.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
hi I'M SO EXCITED i found the computer i'm getting. NETBOOK obviously it works good like they say i saved my birthday money for it WIZARD101 ROCKS!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
my brother has a netbook and he lets me play on it. ITS REALLY REALLY SLOW. i cant ever load on it when playing on my charector. i say you should just play on your PC or your normal LAPTOP. there much faster and have way better graphics

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Taylor Swiftstone :D here! It is awsome the netbook is so fast and simple!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I play on a Dell net book and when i play W101 its very laggy and i hardly move even when i change to a Perfect Realm its still laggy. :(

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Funnyand77 wrote:
I played Wizard101 on a laptop, it was good ( graphics and all). But, the laptop shut down at random points while playing the game :( . Please fix this.
I have the same problem. Sometimes it shuts down right after it gets done entering the game. plz fix this or is it my computer, if so how do i fix it

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
HaroldArgleston wrote:
If you play Wizard101 on a netbook computer, we'd like to know about it! Please reply to this thread with information about your play experience.

Thanks!

when i play wizard101, my computer turns off by itself! please fix this :(

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
But what i dont get is how you manage to download Wiz101 on netbook... i just get the messege, "setup_wiz101 is not valid Windows CE application!" Please help me solve this

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
i also forgot to mention that my netbook is a vetronics

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I just started playing on my netbook and other than the slow initial load it plays almost as good as my laptop. I love being able to play with both at once and even my Lady friend is getting involved LOL!!!! good job

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Jarey99 wrote:
I play on a Dell net book and when i play W101 its very laggy and i hardly move even when i change to a Perfect Realm its still laggy. :(

mine is nothing like yours mine runs as fast as a normal lap top i am Talon Oger Rider keep working on wizard101 please i have been playing since it came out

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
i have an acer aspire 5515 and the game runs GREAT!! Doesnt lag and the graphics are awesome.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
potterseeker wrote:
Lillypup2 wrote:

My lap top used to have the same issue but i know what was wrong with mine..It over heated..Is You guys laptops just over heating.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
potterseeker wrote:
Lillypup2 wrote:

Oran moonsword
lvl 34 diviner

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
terishenette wrote:
potterseeker wrote:
Lillypup2 wrote:

My lap top used to have the same issue but i know what was wrong with mine..It over heated..Is You guys laptops just over heating.

yah me too

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
I play wiz101 on a netbook most of the time and since its such a small computer it freezes a little bit and has a hard time loading things. Other than that it's okay. Since my screen is short and small the character look a lot shorter and wider than they do on a normal screen :)

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
I play it on my EEE PC, which is a netbook. It has low CPU so Wizard101 goes a bit slow, and I can't get Wizard101 to windowed mode. I dislike having to minimize wizard101, do something, and open it again. Doing that is longer than one round as well!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
I play on a HP Netbook.it is a windows 7 starter with an intel atom inside and it plays wizard101 fairly well ( apart from the annoying lag i get in the commons and other heavily populated areas in wizard city ) considering i play video games a lot on this laptop. It is amazing how it can actually run Wizard101 when it is meant to just get on the web. i wouldnt trade this laptop even for a high quality laptop of any kind. simply cuz i love my loptop the way it is.

- Scott
Scot lvl 17 initiate thergist

See you in the spiral guys!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Community Leader
Oh My family has a net book, the kids play on that when one of the other computers are being used. Some of the graphics aren't the best and it lags but it works very well ,they can still battle and quest. They are always asking Auntie can I use the netbook ;)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
mine is a dell netbook and it is a little laggy and in the crowns shop its hard to click ANY item or button and sometimes I click and wizard101 falls into my taskbar and I have to open it back up!!
please fix this

Wolf Blood LVL 34 death

See ya in the spiral

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
after reading this subject i tried it on my netbook and it works fine accept for the fact that it takes at least 5 min. to log in then it would have not finnished loading all of the worlds so i am stuck on the character selection screen for about 6-7 min. then i am stuck waiting in the commons for all of the worlds and places to load (even including the rest of wizard city.)
but other than that it works perfectly! :D

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I used to, and for the most part, it was great. I stopped because I could only use WiFi on my laptop and any change in internet connection makes the game run weird or stop completely. Even if the internet connection comes back, the game freaks out and takes away all your options so you're forced to close it.