Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disconnected Due to Innactivity

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
For me, whenever I leave for about 15 minutes, I get disconnected due to innactivity. Is it because I'm taking up space that others could use? If so, it's still rather annoying. Can you plz make an option in the advanced gameplay options in our spellbooks so we can turn disconnection due to innactivity off? I spin for a bit, but my computer goes to screensaver mode and then I stop. I don't feel like changing it so it doesn't go on screensaver mode. Can you please approve with this KI?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
For me, whenever I leave for about 15 minutes, I get disconnected due to innactivity. Is it because I'm taking up space that others could use? If so, it's still rather annoying. Can you plz make an option in the advanced gameplay options in our spellbooks so we can turn disconnection due to innactivity off? I spin for a bit, but my computer goes to screensaver mode and then I stop. I don't feel like changing it so it doesn't go on screensaver mode. Can you please approve with this KI?

no no no no
sry but that saves ya because if ya lose connection you will eventualy be logged off because of innactivity

so if ya lose connection and your idea is added and put to on you would never be online again because you will always be online and then ya cant get on your account thus you lose your account

pls pls pls dont add this

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
You have to realize that KI has to pay an ISP for bandwidth just like we users do, but they have to pay much larger amounts of money because their connections transfer a whole lot more data than we do.

Why should they pay for you to be connected when you have not performed any activity after a certain amount of time?

When you are done in a room, don't you turn off the light?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I think for most, it's not the fact the game stops because of inactivity (which is a good thing), but rather the fact it logs you completely out of the game.