Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Destruction pips.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Since power pip chances now exceed 100% I think there should be a new pip called a destruction pip. This is a black pip and if you have one its -1 to your stack. Since it takes one pip and takes up a pip space. It is actually also preventing you from getting a pip so it is actually subtracting 2 pips. Each wizard gets a very small chance of getting one starting at level 50. Chance of it can be lowered by clothing or raised as a penalty for having exceedingly high attack power/resistance/accuracy. Also it is consumed with the next spell you cast... if you still have the pips to cast it!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
What??

What would be the point of the Destruction Pip?? It doesn't make any sense!

And are you trying to antagonize those who have high stats by doing this? If so, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is about PVP...

If it is about PVP, this is not the place for it. Take it to the PLAYER VS. PLAYER section so you can get flamed over there... :? :?

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
What??

And are you trying to antagonize those who have high stats by doing this? If so, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is about PVP...

If it is about PVP, this is not the place for it. Take it to the PLAYER VS. PLAYER section so you can get flamed over there... :? :?

Haha, I totally think this is because of PvP and envy at high power pip chance. Not being mean to the poster!
Igloogirl3

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Destruction pips would be the end of any balancing that may not exist in pvp at all..

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
What??

Haha, I totally think this is because of PvP and envy at high power pip chance. Not being mean to the poster!
Igloogirl3
Lol, this is not about pvp people. I quit pvp after I got my gear.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
bravevline wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
What??

Igloogirl3
Lol, this is not about pvp people. I quit pvp after I got my gear.

So what's the point? You just want to make the game harder for everyone? That seems like an awesome idea, wouldn't you agree?

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I think this a pretty nice idea, seeing how 100+% is too game-breaking that it makes the game too easy and unfun. However, there are two things wrong with it. 1: The game gets constantly harder as they make expansions. they could make the game hard enough that the huge amount of power pips would be necessary, in this perspective, it makes more sense to make stronger pips. 2: The minus 1/2 pips seems a little harsh. The punishment should be something like not gaining a pip overall, or possibly lowering power pip chance.

Either way, this might be the first attempt at solving a blatant problem. It just needs to be tweaked.

P.S. If they're going to add more pips, they should start at level 60. That way the only alter the difficulty of what they make to accommodate it.