Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete Quest Button!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
How many times have you gotten a quest and realize it's too much to do or It's pointless to do?? I've come across this way to many times to count. I should have to overthink about taking a quest. I am currently working on a quest with a friend and we were just analyzing this idea. This button can rest inside of your quest log on every quest (except for of course the story line quests). It will take the shape of a big X and when a wizard would like to delete a quest there will be a confirmation request so that there are no accidentally deleted quests tat a wizard may want. Who else thinks this would be a good thing to have? Has anyone ever thought about wishing to delete a quest they did not want??

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
W101 really needs this! Once I had like 10 quests and half of them I couldn't even do! Like really, why wasn't that already included? I had to make a new wizard so I could just get rid of all the quests I knew I wouldn't need! I hope the developers will read this and do something about it!

-

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!
I don't like all the sidequests I picked up while I was still new in the game and didnt know better, but some of them I dont want to waste time on doing. (Ex: The quest to find all the history books in Dragonspyre)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Please please create this. I have too many side quests that are from worlds like Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Wizard city and it takes up so much space. I'd love it if they made this!

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Storm Flower on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
W101 really needs this! Once I had like 10 quests and half of them I couldn't even do! Like really, why wasn't that already included? I had to make a new wizard so I could just get rid of all the quests I knew I wouldn't need! I hope the developers will read this and do something about it!

-
EXACTLY! I had to do the same thing once!. Especially when you get those event quests and you don't finish them in time so they have to sit in your quest log until who knows when event comes back if it ever does.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This has been suggested so many times before. KI has repeatedly said this is a feature that will not be added. I happen to agree with them. The moment they add this feature, their support desk will be swamped with people saying they accidentally deleted a quest and they want it back.

If you don't want a quest then don't accept it. How can you tell if something is a side quest? If you can decline it, then it is a side quest. If you want the quests out of your book then do them. If you don't want to do them, just simply leave them alone.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
I agree with this topic, there should be a delete quest button. I made a fire awhile ago, and just started to quest on it again. I noticed that there are 3 full pages of sidequests from krokotopia and mooshu that I will never do. It's really annoying to have quests that you didn't mean to take in your quest book. I seriously think they should add this. -DylanStormBane

Survivor
Apr 28, 2015
I completely agree for some of us who get ahead of our selves and try to do to many quests

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Hannah Lifebringer on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
This has been suggested so many times before. KI has repeatedly said this is a feature that will not be added. I happen to agree with them. The moment they add this feature, their support desk will be swamped with people saying they accidentally deleted a quest and they want it back.

If you don't want a quest then don't accept it. How can you tell if something is a side quest? If you can decline it, then it is a side quest. If you want the quests out of your book then do them. If you don't want to do them, just simply leave them alone.
I can understand the frustration with this and all the problems that will arise with it. But there are ways to avoid the very problem you speak of. As soon as you delete a Quest in your book it DOES NOT delete the quest in the game. Once you delete a side quest in your book, the NPC who originally gave it to you will again have a yellow exclamation point above his head as if you never had it. If you want it back you will have the OPTION to go and get it once again. Another is the Confirmation Request button I suggested at the top. " Are you sure you would like to delete this quest?" In this way, you will at least have the option to go back and get it or keep it instead of No takesies backsies.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
NikkiLegend on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
I can understand the frustration with this and all the problems that will arise with it. But there are ways to avoid the very problem you speak of. As soon as you delete a Quest in your book it DOES NOT delete the quest in the game. Once you delete a side quest in your book, the NPC who originally gave it to you will again have a yellow exclamation point above his head as if you never had it. If you want it back you will have the OPTION to go and get it once again. Another is the Confirmation Request button I suggested at the top. " Are you sure you would like to delete this quest?" In this way, you will at least have the option to go back and get it or keep it instead of No takesies backsies.
As stated, KI has already said they will not add this feature. You have the option to take the the quest and decline it already. Once you take on the assignment, you can't just skip it. Do you go around agreeing to do things for people in real life only to turn around and say, "Oh, sorry I don't feel like it anymore?" Don't agree to do a job you don't intend on doing. It's really that simple.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
NikkiLegend on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
I never thought it would delete quest in game.

Asking to confirm the delete quest will not stop the requests to support saying they 'accidentally' deleted a quest and can't find the NPC to get it back. If you want proof of this look back on the forums on all the people who said they 'accidentally' deleted a wizard. Deleting a wizard requires you to type in abracadabra, yet people still manage to make that mistake. You are also asked to confirm feeding gear to a pet, yet people contact support about wanting to get gear back they 'accidentally' fed.

Support already has to sift through the countless requests of 'I can't find a pet' and 'recipe isn't showing at crafting table' in order to get to the more serious problems. There is no need to add even more frivolous requests.