Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete Block! Keep friends on your list!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
I have been deleted by so many people! You cannot imagine. And I am getting picked on and people tried to mute me, which happened today. My best friends have deleted me too! And some people are deleting me when I am offline so I don't know that they deleted me. So I wanted to add the new Delete Block! Here is how it works. If someone deletes you and you have Delete Block checked next to them they will delete you but the person will still be on YOUR buddy list! So if you have been deleted by best friends, support me and say this is a good idea. Nicole Goldenspear deleted me for the 3rd time for no reason and we were real good friends. I want you to meet me in Scarecrow Realm in The Commons when you can.

Moderator
There's probably a very good reason so many people are deleting you from their Friends List.

Take a look at your actions with other players and ask if you'd want to be treated that way.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
I agree with Zeke. You should look at what you are doing to have even your best friend delete you so many times.

There must be something in your behavior that you may be unaware of that is causing so many people to delete you. Maybe ask your best friend why they deleted you.

There are people who will delete you for many reasons. Some examples are: teleporting without asking, constantly using their traps on weak spells, and taunting other players. These are just a few reasons why I would delete someone of my list.

Having a delete block isn't the answer. You really don't know most people on here and there are times when you will need to remove them.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
347
Possibilitys instead of agreeing with Zeke.

Maybe you couldn't help him and he needed help and he died.

Pick your friends better.

You haven't logged on in a bit so they see no need for a useless person

either one of those or I agree with zeke

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
people sometimes stalk othere people on here, without being able to delete at will there is no way to get rid of these stalkers quickly and efficiently

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
51
Would YOU want somebody to be able to MAKE you stay friends with them if you didn't want to?

Survivor
May 23, 2010
10
Orca wrote:
Possibilitys instead of agreeing with Zeke.

Maybe you couldn't help him and he needed help and he died.

Pick your friends better.

You haven't logged on in a bit so they see no need for a useless person

either one of those or I agree with zeke


First he isn't on my friends list and yes, I do agree with Zeke. There is no way that as many people he is describing are going to delete him simply because he hasn't logged on, especially his best friend as he stated.
If this person is his best friend in real life, he should know his wizards name, therefore should not be deleting him multiple times. These is what he is stating, not me.

I know my best friend just joined and I know her wizard's name and would delete her, especially on more than one occassion.

Therefore, it is only wise to come to the conclusion that based on his statement that it must be something that he may not be aware of that is causing his best friend and others to delete him.

This isn't meant to hurt his feelings, but offer him constructive critizism so he can have people stop deleting him.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
ProspectorZeke wrote:
There's probably a very good reason so many people are deleting you from their Friends List.

Take a look at your actions with other players and ask if you'd want to be treated that way.


I've always been treating my friends well. I have been helping a friend with quests and he never does anything back! I don't care because I just need gear to sell and gold. So look, I don't help all the time and that is how I got deleted one time. I truly AM picking the right friends. Like one wanted to help me with Zeke's Oyster Quest. One helped me with the Stone Roses. I disagree with you all, delete block would be a good idea to me.

Fourmyant out! :)

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
sanmil0963 wrote:
I agree with Zeke. You should look at what you are doing to have even your best friend delete you so many times.

There must be something in your behavior that you may be unaware of that is causing so many people to delete you. Maybe ask your best friend why they deleted you.

There are people who will delete you for many reasons. Some examples are: teleporting without asking.

I've deleted someone for that. One time I went into Malistare's Lair and he ported and left so only too others help. And he was useless and not much of a friend. He just teleports to me in a place he's never been to.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Constantly using their traps on weak spells.

I deleted someone for that also. I used Feint and the person uses Evil Snowman. What a waste of feint I basically put a hex on myself.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Taunting other players. These are just a few reasons why I would delete someone of my list.

Well I never taunt people. I just say good luck and let the pvp match begin. And I don't delete anyone for that. It really isn't that bad.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Having a delete block isn't the answer. You really don't know most people on here and there are times when you will need to remove them.
True that there will be times to remove them but a delete block will be needed for people who go on a lot and get deleted for doing nothing wrong. You see? Can you agree with me on at least something? I mean seriously people are deleting me and I never done an action that can make them uncomfortable. I know it already.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
Orca wrote:
Possibilitys instead of agreeing with Zeke.

Maybe you couldn't help him and he needed help and he died.

1. It is a her.
2. She is a grand.
3. My friend doesn't battle much.

Orca wrote:
Pick your friends better.

I pick my friends really well. When I have a good friend want request me when my list is full I delete someone I like the least on my buddy list.

Orca wrote:
You haven't logged on in a bit so they see no need for a useless person

I am on nearly every day so I don't agree with any of your reasoning. I agree with sanmil0963 the most he has best reasons and they make better sense.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
fourmyant wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:
I agree with Zeke. You should look at what you are doing to have even your best friend delete you so many times.

There must be something in your behavior that you may be unaware of that is causing so many people to delete you. Maybe ask your best friend why they deleted you.

There are people who will delete you for many reasons. Some examples are: teleporting without asking.

I've deleted someone for that. One time I went into Malistare's Lair and he ported and left so only too others help. And he was useless and not much of a friend. He just teleports to me in a place he's never been to.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Constantly using their traps on weak spells.

I deleted someone for that also. I used Feint and the person uses Evil Snowman. What a waste of feint I basically put a hex on myself.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Taunting other players. These are just a few reasons why I would delete someone of my list.

Well I never taunt people. I just say good luck and let the pvp match begin. And I don't delete anyone for that. It really isn't that bad.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Having a delete block isn't the answer. You really don't know most people on here and there are times when you will need to remove them.
True that there will be times to remove them but a delete block will be needed for people who go on a lot and get deleted for doing nothing wrong. You see? Can you agree with me on at least something? I mean seriously people are deleting me and I never done an action that can make them uncomfortable. I know it already.


I am not accusing you of these behaviors, only some of the reasons why people delete friends of their lists. I am just saying that there may be a behavior that you may not be aware of and this is causing someone to delete you.

For my favorite friends I always make sure that the star is filled in so they won't get deleted by accident. If they aren't highlighted, than they are fair game to be deleted if I need to add someone. This just means, that I probably helped them only a couple of times.

I still suggest that you speak with your best friend and maybe s/he can help you figure out what is going on.

And to answer to your question, no I don't think it is a good idea.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
276
The reason your probably getting deleted is because you may annoy people. Or, when you log off, they delete you cause they want to add someone new and their buddy-list is full.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
sanmil0963 wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:
I agree with Zeke. You should look at what you are doing to have even your best friend delete you so many times.

There must be something in your behavior that you may be unaware of that is causing so many people to delete you. Maybe ask your best friend why they deleted you.

There are people who will delete you for many reasons. Some examples are: teleporting without asking.

I've deleted someone for that. One time I went into Malistare's Lair and he ported and left so only too others help. And he was useless and not much of a friend. He just teleports to me in a place he's never been to.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Constantly using their traps on weak spells.

I deleted someone for that also. I used Feint and the person uses Evil Snowman. What a waste of feint I basically put a hex on myself.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Taunting other players. These are just a few reasons why I would delete someone of my list.

Well I never taunt people. I just say good luck and let the pvp match begin. And I don't delete anyone for that. It really isn't that bad.

sanmil0963 wrote:
Having a delete block isn't the answer. You really don't know most people on here and there are times when you will need to remove them.
True that there will be times to remove them but a delete block will be needed for people who go on a lot and get deleted for doing nothing wrong. You see? Can you agree with me on at least something? I mean seriously people are deleting me and I never done an action that can make them uncomfortable. I know it already.


I am not accusing you of these behaviors, only some of the reasons why people delete friends of their lists. I am just saying that there may be a behavior that you may not be aware of and this is causing someone to delete you.

For my favorite friends I always make sure that the star is filled in so they won't get deleted by accident. If they aren't highlighted, than they are fair game to be deleted if I need to add someone. This just means, that I probably helped them only a couple of times.

I still suggest that you speak with your best friend and maybe s/he can help you figure out what is going on.

And to answer to your question, no I don't think it is a good idea.


Genius face it, some people WILL agree and some won't. It will be needed at some point. What if I delete my real life friend by accident? You never know what can happen. My friend has anger issues so he will set off. And once you delete someone it is nearly impossible to find them again.

Defender
May 28, 2009
187
fourmyant wrote:
Genius face it, some people WILL agree and some won't. It will be needed at some point. What if I delete my real life friend by accident? You never know what can happen. My friend has anger issues so he will set off. And once you delete someone it is nearly impossible to find them again.
Well considering the feedback most people don't like the idea and i know it would end in chaos. What happens when some person gets really annoying and when you delete them and they find out you land up getting reported? Also it is really easy to find friends again. Just find a friend that knows him/her and port to them. Also more bad things would happen then good things.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
XMike551X wrote:
The reason your probably getting deleted is because you may annoy people. Or, when you log off, they delete you cause they want to add someone new and their buddy-list is full.


1. No
2. Maybe, maybe not.

Dude I am not annoying to most people. I've been muted one time but by people that I hated and weren't on my friend list. And I annoyed only a few friends. And question 2 might be correct. But some delete me when I am on. So maybe not. Nobody knows the answers.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
24
sanmil0963 wrote:
I agree with Zeke. You should look at what you are doing to have even your best friend delete you so many times.

There must be something in your behavior that you may be unaware of that is causing so many people to delete you. Maybe ask your best friend why they deleted you.

There are people who will delete you for many reasons. Some examples are: teleporting without asking, constantly using their traps on weak spells, and taunting other players. These are just a few reasons why I would delete someone of my list.

Having a delete block isn't the answer. You really don't know most people on here and there are times when you will need to remove them.


Actually, I've ignored a few friends and then added someone else when my buddy list was to long and then I would stop ignoring them and I would have a longer friends list. :D :D :D

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
. No
2. Maybe, maybe not.

Dude I am not annoying to most people. I've been muted one time but by people that I hated and weren't on my friend list. And I annoyed only a few friends. And question 2 might be correct. But some delete me when I am on. So maybe not. Nobody knows the answers.


Why are you getting so angry? You started this post and we are just trying to help you figure out what is going on. We don't have to agree with your idea. There are some wonderful ideas and some that are not so great that have been posted. If every idea was fantastic, how would you know, if there were no bad ones.

It appears by your post that maybe people do find issues with you.

Genius face it, some people WILL agree and some won't. It will be needed at some point. What if I delete my real life friend by accident? You never know what can happen. My friend has anger issues so he will set off. And once you delete someone it is nearly impossible to find them again.

First if this is your friend in real life and they have anger problems and keep deleting you, they don't sound like much of a friend to me. By your replies, it sounds that you may be the one with some hostility, but I could be mistaken. It is easily to misinterpert tones when reading things.



Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
You cant do that it wouldn't be right cause you could still bug them about it I dont want to offend anyone with this next statement but put it this way.

It takes 2 people to agree to get married but they will be divorced if only 1 person wants the divroce, buddy lists works the same way. Please don't take that offensive anyone, I know it's not an offensive statement so please don't make fun of me but there ARE some cheeky people who would take it offensive.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
sanmil0963 wrote:
. No
2. Maybe, maybe not.

Dude I am not annoying to most people. I've been muted one time but by people that I hated and weren't on my friend list. And I annoyed only a few friends. And question 2 might be correct. But some delete me when I am on. So maybe not. Nobody knows the answers.


Why are you getting so angry? You started this post and we are just trying to help you figure out what is going on. We don't have to agree with your idea. There are some wonderful ideas and some that are not so great that have been posted. If every idea was fantastic, how would you know, if there were no bad ones.

It appears by your post that maybe people do find issues with you.

Genius face it, some people WILL agree and some won't. It will be needed at some point. What if I delete my real life friend by accident? You never know what can happen. My friend has anger issues so he will set off. And once you delete someone it is nearly impossible to find them again.

First if this is your friend in real life and they have anger problems and keep deleting you, they don't sound like much of a friend to me. By your replies, it sounds that you may be the one with some hostility, but I could be mistaken. It is easily to misinterpert tones when reading things.


Well actually the one I was talking about is not the one I brought up.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
153
There is one other reason I delete people - because they go afk (away from keyboard) in the middle of a battle.

There may be good reasons sometimes, and that is ok.

But I just finished a dungeon with a person who kept letting the timer run down on choosing spells. Once in a while the person chose a spell and cast. The rest of the time they must have been doing something else. They even missed a couple of floors of the tower at one time!

Another reason I might delete someone is if they keep asking me to help them on simple things - like finding the beetles or roses! I am happy to go help on hard bosses, but I have had people call me for everything.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
33
Well, many people delete because they need room for another person.
But why they would delete a best friend? here is the answer:
It has happened to me before. I had made a friend and i didnt mean to, but i clicked a random name, and that person was my best friend. i didnt realize it until i deleted her. now i can never find her again, and when she sees me, she will never undertand. and this person was STARRED! STARRED! for petes sake! STARRED HER! so i would never ever ever delete her. but i wasnt watching.

I have deleted people because they were rude.
i had another best friend who always is calling people names and stuff. i caught her picking on a new player. i cant stand people who do that. SO WHAT! they are a low level. doesnt mean you need to make fun of them! that is how i made a friend. sort of like a trade. a rude friend for a really nice one. still to today we are friends. so maybe you are one of those name callers and your friend was like meand caught you? (not saying you are)
or maybe the friend didnt mean to delete you?

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
312
five words: nope wont work plain horrible what if you friended someone who was annoying but had delete block on always what would you do? trust me some ideas can backfire