Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decoding The Myth

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Recently there has been a huge surge in people angry about the school of myth, and just down right upset at a larger factor of portions regarding it. I have been reading all of your posts, and I want to post my opinion -

The First Myth

I've heard allot of "myth sucks" related comments and I need to say - it doesn't by any means. With strategic ability, a good set of spells, a little spending gold (monstrous & giant, of course) myth is easily a great one hit, for all enemies even. No, you may not be able to bash the enemy with an incredible hit, but you can make up for it when attacking in unison with your minion! Myth is great.

The Second Myth

Allot of talk has been going around concerning "minion controls panels." If you ask me, that totally destroys any purpose of having more than one minion! They each act different, giving them a unique and completely amazing set up of abilities - think about it! It makes them interesting, Minotaurs distracts all the enemies and gives you time to buff up, Golem Minion lets you use him as a puppet for gaining pips at an incredible rate, Cyclops is mainly attack and heal, last but not least - Talos! He attacks, heals, shields and is all around useful. But when you're facing enemies that out number, and out power you, Minotaur is the way to go, even with talos.

Myth in the storyline.

When someone mentions pvp, ten people, at least are quoting that persons and reaming them about "how the game isn't all about pvp."
Well, you're right. But if you can successfully use myth to win in a pvp, against intelligent, multiple minds working together, why couldn't you do the same in an average story line battle?

Well, the truth is you can. I buff every fight with spirit blade, myth blade and the occasional feint. This can easily wipe out the whole others team when combined with a giant. 88 gold a piece, not a bad price for a huge advantage! Which also decodes the myth that this school takes too long. 3 rounds and I win against four opponents. One of them has myth shield? No matter. Single enemies to virtually no threatening damage on their own.

Myth in PVP.

Enough said, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What makes myth an awesome, main school.

Secondary schools! I've been training my death magic with a mastery amulet since I was a wee wizard. I almost never have to heal because I just feints my opponent (if theirs one left) and use a Wraith on him next round. I'm all healed up for my next fight!

Myth is a really good school, and I want all this trash talk to go away. If you're a myth and having problems, leave a reply! I'm always willing to help out other wizards in a bad situation.

Thanks allot, if you took the time to read this.

- Caleb GreenHeart, 48 myth.

p.s. Didn't mention shields destruction, that's ownage. ;}

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Good post. I'm leveling up my Myth right now !! By far the best school I've played. Fights take a little longer than my other classes, but I don't find myself dying as much either !!!!

Champion
May 03, 2011
I think, when you get to Celestia, you will find Myth more challenging to play. You will need either the Legend gear from Waterworks or the Wintertusk crafted stuff to survive there. I have the latter, and it's made a big difference in my game. Myth is a school that deserves a little more thought from the KI folks, I think--it's hard for people who aren't strategic and mathematical by nature to do well with it. Unless they do as I have done--i.e., write a whole bunch of posts asking for advice. I've gotten some excellent tips here, and my Myth is playing pretty well now. But again, I think you'll find the leap from DS/GH to CL/WT to be a pretty big one. It will take some re-calibrating and some better gear than you need now. But it's not impossible--thanks to good advice, and about a ton of reagents (to get to Grandmaster Artisan), my Myth is holding her own. Better still, she's fun to play again.

Tabitha, Level 60 Myth

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I have a myth character too. I havent used him much because i am busy improving my fire character and leveling up my life character. But maybe i should try him, this post has made me think about it.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
Talon Battleblade Master Theurgist
Myth character (dont even remember his name, it is definately time to try him out.) level 17
8)
8)
8)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Just want to say Thank You for this post. It is refreshing to see a thread that is not bashing the Myth school.

When I first started playing a myth wizard, I thought them to be weak. Once I figured out my strategy in regards to myth, it quickly became my favorite school.

It is so much more than blade, trap, hit. If using a minion, you have to see what they are casting and possibly change your strategy. When using double hits, the strategy changes once again. I believe these changes throughout the battle is why many people find Myth difficult to play.

I do not PvP, so have no input on that part of the battle. In PvE, my Myth wizard seems to do well in nearly every situation.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 60 Myth

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
Well, I see a lot of these threads (Myth is good at PvP stop bashing us!) and I want to share my personal experience with my myth character.

Myth was my main school. I've raised two wizards to legendary and have a lot of playing experience on my friends legendary, and so I will share the myth experience compared to that.

Early game: Easy. If you use your minions, you will barely die between WC and MB. You really don't need much of a strategy here.

Mid Game: Medium to hard. Going from Mooshu to Dragonspyre (and Mirkhold Keep to Ravenscar) you will start to run into trouble. Your minions will continue to be useful, but you and your minion will not be able to pump out enough pure damage to justify not using a strategy. Here, you will die quite a few times before you learn some strategy and get the hang of playing a myth.

End Game: Hard to Very Hard. This is where the true test comes out. When you first get to CL and WT you will die repeatedly. Your minion will start to be phased out and you will have to come up with some good strategy. I recommend getting some good gear. I used my left over grandmaster gear, but found it difficult. Boss fights will almost guarantee require a friend. If you aren't patient, extremely strategic, or have good friends, you will probably end up rage quitting.

-Quinn Dragonwhisper, Legendary Conjurer
-Benjamin Dragonblade,Legendary Diviner

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Thanks allot for the post, my fellow myth wizards. It's appreciated. The myth bashing has started to make me feel negative about my own school. Which is why I had to post this!

If I could offer one bit of advice to KI it would be to give myth a double trap spell. So instead of a single trap, you spend 1 - 2 pips to either double myth trap, or double myth prism the enemy. Because myth does take long to buff and isn't incredibly powerful - this would even out the playing field a bit.

Thanks again!
Caleb GreenHeart, now a grandmaster myth.