Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decks

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
51
Hi everyone in the spiral. I have noticed that you need more than one deck in this game as you get higher in level. I have 3 lvl 90 wizards and I have multiple decks for different situations. Problem is, I want Kingsisle to create a label system to identify each deck. I use each for the following situations. PVP (player VS player). PVE (Player VS everyone). And I always have a spam deck to kill my enemies fast like temp. etc. This is a good idea for a game update. Do you agree? Thanks for feedback in advance

Lvl 90 Life Wizard

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
774
Defintely agree. Being able to label a deck would be really great. Currently I have to always double check the spells in my deck to make sure I'm using the right one. How many times have I forgotten and entered battle with the wrong deck... too many!

Being able to label decks with some words, a color dot, or a symbol, would be fantastic.

I have also thought it would be nice if you could label other gear items like rings and athames with a color dot or symbol. This would allow you to quickly select. Also help prevent accidentaly selling your good gear when you are cashing in on a big long list of loot.

~ RottenHeart

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
43
I would also love for you to be able to label decks. Maybe the chat filter rules could work for this though, so that inappropriate names are filtered out? i think this is a good idea, and one that i would look for in an update...

It takes skill to beat a boss, but heart to be a wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
Yes, we've asked for this for quite awhile. There was a feedback Friday on it so maybe they are thinking about it. But it sure is taking a looong time.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
90
i actually don't get it why not just use 1 deck and delete that 1 as you get stronger ones no one is gonna use a starter deck at lvl 90 rofl so why not just take out the spells and switch them with different ones from time to time why waste gold on more decks when you can just use the same deck that is good for pve and pvp all you gotta do is fill it with pvp spells then when you wanna quest empty it and fill it with pve spells lol

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
51
chopper99933 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
i actually don't get it why not just use 1 deck and delete that 1 as you get stronger ones no one is gonna use a starter deck at lvl 90 rofl so why not just take out the spells and switch them with different ones from time to time why waste gold on more decks when you can just use the same deck that is good for pve and pvp all you gotta do is fill it with pvp spells then when you wanna quest empty it and fill it with pve spells lol
Hi, Do you have a Level 90 wizard? Do you PVP or PVE a lot? If not, then you do not understand the point I am trying to make. I have 3 lvl 90 wizards and each school has different spells which means different ways to fight in both PVP and PVE (hard to remember what spells you use for each situation). And its very time consuming to wipe out 100 cards (or whatever the number the deck is) and replace them with the desired spells to use for that certain situation, your friends will be waiting a long time just for you to be organized. And yes, many wizards do use lower lvl decks because to many spells for different things. So we use that deck to simplify our spells to kill enemies faster to easier access to blades and fast all hit spells. The lvl 90 deck is only good for bosses or when you teleport to a friend to help them you are already prepared to help destroy your enemies, because you can fit all spells that you need for Every situation. If you still argue my point then it is your opinion on the matter. Its just easier for the wizards that CHOSE this way of playing. I only wish to color code each deck or something, for we know which deck is for what. Continue to post on your opinions, I am always eager to hear from fellow wizards.

Level 90

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
929
This would be a life saver.

I quest in multiple worlds at once because I primarily help others. It would be nice to have several saved deck and sideboard profiles for the different environments.

It is a pain having to stop and swap cards in and out of your one deck for a certain matchup, or constantly be on guard to make sure you don't have the wrong deck equipped. How many times I've joined a battle or ported to someone on request, only to find the cards in my deck were all but useless, or that I lose turns discarding a bunch of pvp spells looking for a hit.

You should be able to save at least three deck profiles that you can label by name, and load on demand before entering battle: an all purpose street minion deck, a deck built to counter mobs of your own school, and a pvp deck. Maybe an optional slot you can buy for gold or crowns that lets you save more profiles, for example an azteca boss deck with extra Convictions and stackable feints in the sideboard, or a waterworks deck with extra copies of Rebirth to heal under Gloom and Doom when needed.

The important thing is not that you save gold, but that you save time, the most precious resource in the game.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
90
dark17604 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Hi, Do you have a Level 90 wizard? Do you PVP or PVE a lot? If not, then you do not understand the point I am trying to make. I have 3 lvl 90 wizards and each school has different spells which means different ways to fight in both PVP and PVE (hard to remember what spells you use for each situation). And its very time consuming to wipe out 100 cards (or whatever the number the deck is) and replace them with the desired spells to use for that certain situation, your friends will be waiting a long time just for you to be organized. And yes, many wizards do use lower lvl decks because to many spells for different things. So we use that deck to simplify our spells to kill enemies faster to easier access to blades and fast all hit spells. The lvl 90 deck is only good for bosses or when you teleport to a friend to help them you are already prepared to help destroy your enemies, because you can fit all spells that you need for Every situation. If you still argue my point then it is your opinion on the matter. Its just easier for the wizards that CHOSE this way of playing. I only wish to color code each deck or something, for we know which deck is for what. Continue to post on your opinions, I am always eager to hear from fellow wizards.

Level 90
yes i have a lvl 90 wizard... yes i pvp and pve allot so don't comment on me you're just trying to start an argument so unless you know what you're saying i suggest that you need to back off and stop trying to bully other players so really you don't even know what you're saying so you really need to quit commenting if you don't even know what is going on. of course i have a lvl 90 wizard if i didn't have one i wouldn't even send a comment to this topic and it doesn't matter what you do i set up my spells before i make a match so you're just trying to yell at someone for no reason get this through your tiny brain (Blaze Moonmender promethean) and PS: noone asked you to rag on my opinion

Defender
May 29, 2009
102
dark17604 on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone in the spiral. I have noticed that you need more than one deck in this game as you get higher in level. I have 3 lvl 90 wizards and I have multiple decks for different situations. Problem is, I want Kingsisle to create a label system to identify each deck. I use each for the following situations. PVP (player VS player). PVE (Player VS everyone). And I always have a spam deck to kill my enemies fast like temp. etc. This is a good idea for a game update. Do you agree? Thanks for feedback in advance

Lvl 90 Life Wizard
Um, dark, PVE means player vs enemy i believe, not player vs everyone.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv75

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
774
chopper99933 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
i actually don't get it why not just use 1 deck and delete that 1 as you get stronger ones no one is gonna use a starter deck at lvl 90 rofl so why not just take out the spells and switch them with different ones from time to time why waste gold on more decks when you can just use the same deck that is good for pve and pvp all you gotta do is fill it with pvp spells then when you wanna quest empty it and fill it with pve spells lol
Perhaps you have a lvl90, perhaps not.

If you spend much time doing various activities with a wizard, such as trying to farm tough bosses, then help a lower level buddy, then return to your farming you obviously switch decks rather than rebuilding it each time.

If you farm tough bosses for drops (example azteca) you end up getting a bunch of decks all called the same thing. When you go to sell your loot you must be enormously careful not to accidently sell your good decks that are all loaded up with spells and treasure cards. I have learned to shared-bank decks and gear to my utility wizards to perform the selling of seemingly duplicate items to reduce risk.

Wasting gold on decks? Are you kidding?
(a) gold is hardly an issue for buying decks
(b) who buys decks???

Your claim as an experienced lvl 90 is highly doubtful. LOL!
Don't waste your time trying to convince us otherwise.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
90
dark17604 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Hi, Do you have a Level 90 wizard? Do you PVP or PVE a lot? If not, then you do not understand the point I am trying to make. I have 3 lvl 90 wizards and each school has different spells which means different ways to fight in both PVP and PVE (hard to remember what spells you use for each situation). And its very time consuming to wipe out 100 cards (or whatever the number the deck is) and replace them with the desired spells to use for that certain situation, your friends will be waiting a long time just for you to be organized. And yes, many wizards do use lower lvl decks because to many spells for different things. So we use that deck to simplify our spells to kill enemies faster to easier access to blades and fast all hit spells. The lvl 90 deck is only good for bosses or when you teleport to a friend to help them you are already prepared to help destroy your enemies, because you can fit all spells that you need for Every situation. If you still argue my point then it is your opinion on the matter. Its just easier for the wizards that CHOSE this way of playing. I only wish to color code each deck or something, for we know which deck is for what. Continue to post on your opinions, I am always eager to hear from fellow wizards.

Level 90
and i wasd only telling people i don't get that way of playing so you need to be quiet and stop whining

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
236
I totally agree. I don't know how many times I was switching between my Hand-Chased Box of Destinies to find my PvP one or my PvE one. Sometimes, it is hard to tell also. I would love to have the ability to be able to label my deck as "PvP", "PvE", "Spam", etc.

~A Secret Sorcerer
also known as A Balanced Life

90, 88, 87, 50, 50, 32

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
168
<3 I Love this idea, I carry 5 Decks.
Pvp 4v4
Pvp 1v1
Mobs
Boss
Test Deck

Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 90
Eric ~ Level 76
Adam Anvilward ~ Level 76
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 50
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 28
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 28
Eric Legendtamer level 20

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
90
RottenHeart on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
Perhaps you have a lvl90, perhaps not.

If you spend much time doing various activities with a wizard, such as trying to farm tough bosses, then help a lower level buddy, then return to your farming you obviously switch decks rather than rebuilding it each time.

If you farm tough bosses for drops (example azteca) you end up getting a bunch of decks all called the same thing. When you go to sell your loot you must be enormously careful not to accidently sell your good decks that are all loaded up with spells and treasure cards. I have learned to shared-bank decks and gear to my utility wizards to perform the selling of seemingly duplicate items to reduce risk.

Wasting gold on decks? Are you kidding?
(a) gold is hardly an issue for buying decks
(b) who buys decks???

Your claim as an experienced lvl 90 is highly doubtful. LOL!
Don't waste your time trying to convince us otherwise.
what you say is 100% false you really need to stop trying to start mess all i said was that i don't get why people need more than one deck so just back off i don't care if noone agrees with me i just wanted to get that off my chest and i did so don't comment on me if you have no idea what i am talking about i and plus everyone buys decks. you may not see people do it but trust me they do so go and whine somewhere else about your problems will ya (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
17
I have had the same idea before, especially when I decide I want to pvp for a while and have to change my deck depending whether I'm doing 2v2 or 3v3. I want to have more than one deck for those situations but after I don't use them for a month I forget which deck is which and I have to start all over again.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
520
It would be great to be able to rename your deck because if you happen to carry two decks of the same kind it gets very confusing which one to equip, but luckily there is enough variety of types of decks that you can usually just carry one of each different name, and cover all your bases regarding the types of fights you will encounter.

I have:
  1. PvE mob deck
  2. PvE against my own school mob deck
  3. PvE general Boss deck
  4. PvE Boss of my own school deck
  5. PvP deck for 1v1
  6. Have even carried specialized decks like for the cheating bosses in Waterworks when I was running that dungeon everyday.
Being able to name decks appropriately would be great.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
15
I've always thought that we need bigger decks because the more and more higher and the more spells your Wizard learns the more deck room you will need.