Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Item Trade-In

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
Hello Wizards and Professors!

Recently I was opening packs, moving stuff around in my bank and storages. I realized I had a lot of crowns items stored away from numerous packs, and my bank is starting to look more like a zoo with all the mounts I've somehow stuffed into it. I've ended up feeding crowns items to pets just because I won't be able to use them, or I don't have the space anymore.

I think with all the packs and crowns items being release, it may be time to introduce a crowns item trade-in. I think this could work especially with packs, so that if you end up with multiples of an item (e.g. boots, mounts, etc.) from a pack, you could choose to trade the item in for another currency, maybe silver crowns, and use those currencies to buy the items directly that you want from a pack. Of course, rarer items would give more silver crowns, while more common items would give less. I think this would make the pack systems much more fair and desirable, as, even if you had terrible luck, eventually you could trade in your items for something you actually want. For example, I recently opened a few Nimbari packs. I really like the outfit, and I happened to receive the helm, the boots, and... the mount. Now, the mount is nice, but I already have more than enough mounts that I prefer, and I would rather trade in the mount for the chest piece. I don't think this is asking too much, and I don't think it would slow down purchases of packs. I think more people would be interested in the packs if they new eventually they'd get what they want out of their investment. It also clears up a little bit of the gambling aspect.

Thanks for reading this, hopefully this concept could be explored more and fleshed out.

Fallon Rain

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Milk N Etiquette on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
Hello Wizards and Professors!

Recently I was opening packs, moving stuff around in my bank and storages. I realized I had a lot of crowns items stored away from numerous packs, and my bank is starting to look more like a zoo with all the mounts I've somehow stuffed into it. I've ended up feeding crowns items to pets just because I won't be able to use them, or I don't have the space anymore.

I think with all the packs and crowns items being release, it may be time to introduce a crowns item trade-in. I think this could work especially with packs, so that if you end up with multiples of an item (e.g. boots, mounts, etc.) from a pack, you could choose to trade the item in for another currency, maybe silver crowns, and use those currencies to buy the items directly that you want from a pack. Of course, rarer items would give more silver crowns, while more common items would give less. I think this would make the pack systems much more fair and desirable, as, even if you had terrible luck, eventually you could trade in your items for something you actually want. For example, I recently opened a few Nimbari packs. I really like the outfit, and I happened to receive the helm, the boots, and... the mount. Now, the mount is nice, but I already have more than enough mounts that I prefer, and I would rather trade in the mount for the chest piece. I don't think this is asking too much, and I don't think it would slow down purchases of packs. I think more people would be interested in the packs if they new eventually they'd get what they want out of their investment. It also clears up a little bit of the gambling aspect.

Thanks for reading this, hopefully this concept could be explored more and fleshed out.

Fallon Rain
I suggested this in a recent thread, I think it would work well and encourage people to spend more because their unwanted crown items retain some of their value...when there is a sense of achievement or success people keep going and feel happy to repeat the same behaviour.

We don't farm for new pieces of gear because of the times we didn't get what we want in previous dungeons, but because of the times we did! Time and determination are things we all have, crowns are limited though so failing to achieve success/satisfaction can put people off investing in that way, trying again or trying for something new.

Perhaps it would be worth trialing it for a new pack to see how it goes, then extend it to the rest of the packs and crown items if it is effective?