Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns for members

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 17, 2011
100
I've been thinking about something that would change w101 for members. Daily, weekly, or monthly crowns for members. I rarely have enough money to buy crowns and there are some nice things on the crown shop that i want and i thought, why not let members get crowns every so often? It would be helpful for some of those wizards that are tight on money and it even benefits KI as well. If members get crowns every so often, non members will want membership even more so they'll start paying for membership helping KI get money. If anyone agrees feel free to reply.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Play trivia on freekigames.com, you can play up to 10 times a day and earn 10 crowns every time if you answer correctly for 100 free crowns a day.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2009
4
i am a fire wizard and i agree that members should get crowns weekly like 200

Defender
Feb 17, 2011
100
seethe42 on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
Play trivia on freekigames.com, you can play up to 10 times a day and earn 10 crowns every time if you answer correctly for 100 free crowns a day.
Sure it's a nice idea, but my computer can't handle it.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
I really don't think this is fair and I think KI would actually lose money over this. I don't really need many crowns, only some for stitching and emergency henchmen but I hate the boring repetition of the quizzes. If KI were to just give out crowns, that would probably meet my need and I wouldn't need to buy them seperately. Of course it sounds great but is it really a good business idea?

Defender
Feb 02, 2014
100
A small amount of crowns would be a good business idea. Other mmorpgs often have perks of at least increasing loot chances of gold etc. There should be some similar benefit here I believe. KI would have to converse with their people to decide what and what amount.....but some little bone thrown our way would be a positive increase in their membership rates, thereby increasing their revenue. Even if it was a small amount, it's a popular marketing gimmick to post things like "free crowns to all members regularly!" and even if it was a small amount, it would make us feel more appreciated, as sometimes when I spend crowns I feel ripped off, but if I had some free crowns, I would just attribute a rationalization to that feeling based on the free crowns and feel better. Similar example would be last week I went out to dinner, the only reason I spent money at this restaurant was because I found a gift certificate online. The gift certificate was sold to me by a middleman company for $4. It was a $25 gift certificate. After eating there the bill was $30 after my certificate and then a $10 tip. So I saved $21 but I spent $40.......because of the psychological marketing technique used. I could have easily made the same meal at home for way less than $40. I got marketed by advertising into spending more money, while feeling like I was getting a deal, when the business and the middleman both profited.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Bluestar0713 on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
Sure it's a nice idea, but my computer can't handle it.
If your computer cannot handle the basic trivia game on freekigames, it most definitely cannot handle playing wizard101, or even these forums.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
144
It's a really great idea, I agree. But yes, I would have to agree with Glowstorm13 here. It wouldn't be really good for them if they were to give free crowns for members.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
41
FrelaB on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
A small amount of crowns would be a good business idea. Other mmorpgs often have perks of at least increasing loot chances of gold etc. There should be some similar benefit here I believe. KI would have to converse with their people to decide what and what amount.....but some little bone thrown our way would be a positive increase in their membership rates, thereby increasing their revenue. Even if it was a small amount, it's a popular marketing gimmick to post things like "free crowns to all members regularly!" and even if it was a small amount, it would make us feel more appreciated, as sometimes when I spend crowns I feel ripped off, but if I had some free crowns, I would just attribute a rationalization to that feeling based on the free crowns and feel better. Similar example would be last week I went out to dinner, the only reason I spent money at this restaurant was because I found a gift certificate online. The gift certificate was sold to me by a middleman company for $4. It was a $25 gift certificate. After eating there the bill was $30 after my certificate and then a $10 tip. So I saved $21 but I spent $40.......because of the psychological marketing technique used. I could have easily made the same meal at home for way less than $40. I got marketed by advertising into spending more money, while feeling like I was getting a deal, when the business and the middleman both profited.
I totally agree but I also think Glowstorm13 has a point, but then again, it might encourage some players to get memberships but we should not take the risk, I would do anything to keep Kingsile in business. So its probably not a good idea.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
15
Well if you think of it some buy card for member or crowns i use the crowns to buy areas by doing that i am considered a member but if it was like 10-50 a week it will only be like for henchmen and stuff not enough for areas so they would not lose money and mabye even gain members because card members need to buy i new card when there crowns run out so i buy like 1 every month or so which is only $10 in the U.S.A for 5000 crowns which can buy you alot of areas so for the card members they would probably want to stay a member and keep getting the free crowns therefor more money i know if they did that I would keep buying more cards so i can stay a member.

Artur Firecaster level 81

Defender
Feb 17, 2011
100
seethe42 on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
If your computer cannot handle the basic trivia game on freekigames, it most definitely cannot handle playing wizard101, or even these forums.
I meant that my computer can't handle one of the downloads needed for it since it gets bad stuff easily. Don't forget that there are different computers out thee that can handle only certain things