Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Shop Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
Hello! I have noticed that in the Crown Shop, some items can be really useful and are worth spending your Crowns on, but some other items aren't really worth it. I would like to make a few suggestions to help make the Crown Shop a bit more fair.

Lower the prices for Gold
I think that the price to buy Gold in the Crown Shop is a bit too high, especially considering you can get Gold pretty easily in-game. I think people would buy Gold from the Crown Shop a lot more often if the Crown prices were lowered.

Make it easier to get good items from card packs
I have seen a lot of people spend over 60,000 Crowns on packs, only to get their backpack and bank overflowing with housing items, treasure cards, and rental mounts. Perhaps you guys could make the chances of getting a good item a bit higher? Or maybe a system where if you spend a certain amount of Crowns on one pack, you are guaranteed to get one of the best items at least once. (Such as the raven mount, hydra mount, or Road Warrior's Chopper mount).

Give the pets "Better" talents and abilities.
I have seen many people on Wizard101 trying so hard to get a "Perfect Pet", and most of the pets on the Crown Shop don't have much of the "Popular" talents and abilities. And even when they do, the "Good" talents don't always actually show up. I think it would make it a lot less tedious for many people if the pets had more "Popular" abilities.

Those are just a few of my suggestions. Do any of you guys have any suggestions to make the Crown Shop better?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I will heartily second what you said about items in packs.

Trying to get a complete outfit or something you can wind up with a ton of things you didn't like or need to begin with...Things that sell for maybe 25 gold (iirc.)

Maybe they can vary up the lesser or common items a bit more? Have them be unique per pack (I've gotten the same 'common items' mostly pet snacks or Treasure Cards, in each type of Halloween pack) at least.

Rare items are great but maybe up the ante a bit for medium rare items. It seems to be feast or famine-ish a bit.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Anna Dusk on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
Hello! I have noticed that in the Crown Shop, some items can be really useful and are worth spending your Crowns on, but some other items aren't really worth it. I would like to make a few suggestions to help make the Crown Shop a bit more fair.

Lower the prices for Gold
I think that the price to buy Gold in the Crown Shop is a bit too high, especially considering you can get Gold pretty easily in-game. I think people would buy Gold from the Crown Shop a lot more often if the Crown prices were lowered.

Make it easier to get good items from card packs
I have seen a lot of people spend over 60,000 Crowns on packs, only to get their backpack and bank overflowing with housing items, treasure cards, and rental mounts. Perhaps you guys could make the chances of getting a good item a bit higher? Or maybe a system where if you spend a certain amount of Crowns on one pack, you are guaranteed to get one of the best items at least once. (Such as the raven mount, hydra mount, or Road Warrior's Chopper mount).

Give the pets "Better" talents and abilities.
I have seen many people on Wizard101 trying so hard to get a "Perfect Pet", and most of the pets on the Crown Shop don't have much of the "Popular" talents and abilities. And even when they do, the "Good" talents don't always actually show up. I think it would make it a lot less tedious for many people if the pets had more "Popular" abilities.

Those are just a few of my suggestions. Do any of you guys have any suggestions to make the Crown Shop better?
I agree with your second and third suggestion. When it comes to pets, I'm tired of hatching and hatching over again which is so frustrating and lost lots of game time trying to get a reasonable pet for my school that has heal ability. I'd like to see one shot dungeons purchased with gold or make it more affordable with crowns. I think 500 crowns for a one shot dungeon is a big ripoff plus many players can't afford the crowns.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
I agree with your second and third suggestion. When it comes to pets, I'm tired of hatching and hatching over again which is so frustrating and lost lots of game time trying to get a reasonable pet for my school that has heal ability. I'd like to see one shot dungeons purchased with gold or make it more affordable with crowns. I think 500 crowns for a one shot dungeon is a big ripoff plus many players can't afford the crowns.
Farm them for free. All the Ultra Dungeons drop from Jade Oni and the Bosses that are in them. 500 crowns is 5 days worth of free crowns, not really that much.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
seethe42 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Farm them for free. All the Ultra Dungeons drop from Jade Oni and the Bosses that are in them. 500 crowns is 5 days worth of free crowns, not really that much.
What do the Ultra Dungeons drop?

Where does one get free crowns (apart from the daily task)?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SparkleTude on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:

Freekigames.com trivia gives 10 crowns for each score over 75% correct up to 10 times a day. That's 100 free crowns a day. Look up Exalted Challenge on the wiki to see the drops available. Every dungeon has different drops. The same with the Master and Archmage levels.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
500 crowns may not be too much for you but maybe for others who can't afford them. People going out of their way farming just for a one shot dungeon or earning free crowns can be very time consuming. Don't forget we are playing this game with lots of kids who may not share yours or others interest. That's why these dungeons are in the crown shop but I feel they should be more affordable to everyone so even school kids can have a more enjoyable game play. All my posts speaks on others behalf of what I heard while playing. Seethe42, why do you have to comment on every one of my post ideas and most of them you contradict telling me how wrong I am. Please stop pestering me. Otherwise I'll take this matter to KI. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Thank you

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
SparkleTude on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:

Like seethe42 said, 'All the Ultra Dungeons drop from Jade Oni and the Bosses that are in them'.

And you can earn up to 100 crowns a day by doing trivia on KI Free Games (https://www.freekigames.com), 10 crowns from each trivia quiz. Also, you can watch free videos in-game by clicking the button in the top-left next to the Crowns Shop (I'd recommend trivia more as it has set questions and you can choose what difficulty/subject it is. The videos are unreliable because you could get a 10-second ad for 10 crowns, or a 10-minute ad for the same. Recently, I even came across a few badly translated Tweets that didn't actually have a video and gave me nothing). Then, of course, the Daily Rewards, with 6 characters daily, will get you an average of 20 crowns a day.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
500 crowns may not be too much for you but maybe for others who can't afford them. People going out of their way farming just for a one shot dungeon or earning free crowns can be very time consuming. Don't forget we are playing this game with lots of kids who may not share yours or others interest. That's why these dungeons are in the crown shop but I feel they should be more affordable to everyone so even school kids can have a more enjoyable game play. All my posts speaks on others behalf of what I heard while playing. Seethe42, why do you have to comment on every one of my post ideas and most of them you contradict telling me how wrong I am. Please stop pestering me. Otherwise I'll take this matter to KI. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Thank you
The whole purpose of this forum is for everyone's opinions to be heard and taken into account on any topics brought up. I'd hardly say they're pestering you. But 500 Crowns, while not cheap, can be achieved rather easily. With a combination of trivia, free videos, and daily rewards, you can get 150-200 Crowns a day relatively easily. But even if you still think it's too expensive, keep in mind that KI is a company built to make money. Even if they enjoy making the game and doing their work, if you lower the prices for the players too far then you lower the wages for the employees, and very few people work for free. Also, the dungeons don't take very long at all to drop. Fight Rattlebones 10 times and I guarantee you'll get at least one of his one-shot gauntlets.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
That was not pestering or telling you you are wrong. I merely pointed out that there are multiple free options available to those that cannot afford crowns. There's nothing more affordable than free. These forums are for spreading information. Telling players how to get free crowns and dungeon drops doesn't hurt you in any way at all.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
You need to step away from the thread if you are getting this bent out of shape. Seethe's suggestions are perfectly reasonable and earning crowns is not time consuming. I work full time and I'm a full time student on top of it and I have plenty of time for a few quizzes and promo videos every day. If I have time for it, other people can make time too.