Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown item Additions to Pet Training System

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
My sister and I had the great ideas to:

Allow us to buy back Pet Training Points, just like we can buy back a characters.

> > I realize the code guys may be nervous about this one at first, because some of the talents seem to have a cumulative point value. But it should simplify things if players were required to either buy back all the points or the very last set for latest expressed talent.

Create Fine Tuning Snacks for the Crown Shop

> > The new snacks would be only one attribute each (all the points go to Power, or Will, etc for instance.)

> > Each snack would be worth 5 points

> > The purpose of this product is that a 5 point snack can be piled on a single trait or two or three, to make 10 or 75 points on the pet card as a trainer attempts to bring out a certain talent.

> > The reason we need these is that it's very inconvenient to search the Spiral to battle or buy focused snacks, if you don't want the randomness in your pet training. I never uses Mega Snacks anymore because the points are just as random a mix as free snacks AND the giant Power contributions blows my talent out of the water. (Things I can get with free snacks and patience, I can't get training the exact same way with Mega Snacks. And when I look at the card what I see is that the difference between Spritely and Mana Gift is quadruple the Power.)

> > Low point value snacks should be the same or nearly the same Crown price as the Regular Snack Pack, 115 Crowns - or about. If the price is kept low I think they will be very popular/lucrative.

Create Mighty Snacks

> > A Mega Snack type product, but which contributes No Power and Half the points of a Mega Snack. For example, Yellow Corn's Mighty Snack counterpart would be something like:
Blue Maize
2 Agility
5 Will
5 Intelligence
1 Strength

The represented Attribute Values cut in half and the Power Value cut in half and broken up over the unrepresented Attributes.

> > The price of these snacks may be half the price of a Mega Snack because they are half the point value of a Mega Snack Or they could be 1/4 More Expensive because they are:

> Designed to go with the new Fine Tuning Snacks.
Experiment with Maxing out the power first, then slowly building your talent. Or, what happens when you build Attributes with No Power at first.
Or what if you carefully build everything equally.

> Being half the point value and having no assigned Power gives the trainer more control than with a Mega Snack.

> Being half the point value of a Mega Snack will not make training go as fast as with a Mega Snack, but the trainer will train Much faster than on free snacks, while having more control than with either a Mega or Free Snack.

> Sell them individually or in two packs so that trainers don't have to wait so long to buy the snacks.
> Few or Single Snacks allow a player to buy a snack or two with the change from their Crown Pack, as an impulse buy and just a few to finish a pet.

Create a Crown operated Bonus Run Machine out front of the Pet Training Areas.

> > A Kiosk like the mini game Kiosks, but we add 25 crowns per extra run.

> Usually a single maze run allows you a maximum of 4 training points broken up on the card depending on which treat you choose. (Pizza or Fish, for example)

> If I add 25 crowns it will count as 2 runs, the one I actually do and an extra for 25 crowns - giving me a maximum of 8 possible points broken up the same way.

If I add 50 crowns it counts as 3 runs x 4 points = 12 points
If I add 500 crowns it counts as 21 runs x 4 points = 84 points

> This would allow trainers to massively accelerate the training time while still getting the benefit of the training sessions, not just the point boost from a Mega or Mighty Snack.

(I mean if I use Yellow Corn Mega Snack on one run of the Maze and if I choose Apple for the treat; my pet will get 4 points to Intellect, 7 to Agility, 10 to Will and 13 to Power. But on a Cloud Beast or Forest Lord I only want 19 Power on the whole first talent. So I can't ever use Mega Snacks.
Or with these additions to the system I can switch to Pizza for the treat and add 12x 25c = 300c to the Training Kiosk and I get credit for 13 Pizza runs with one Yellow Corn Mega Snack and in the time and Energy it takes to run one Maze Game I will get:

13 Strength
26 Intelligence
7 Agility
36 Will
13 Power

Now I buy 2 Will Mighty Snacks and few Free Snacks to finish out my Power and my Sprightly Experiment has a chance! And if I fail I don't cry - I go up to the crazy scientist in the Hatchery and buy back my training points. Yes I'm out the crowns I spent on the Kiosk bonus runs, Mega Snacks, Mighty Snacks and the ones it cost me to buy the points BUT I have another chance to train my pet without trying to hatch another one (which by the way is a Gold process.) I don't have 94 failed Forest Lords running around my yard. I didn't have to farm for the gold and find a partner AGAIN. I can't tell you how many Mega Snack Packs are running around in my yard as failed attempts at certain talents.

> These new Pet Training Kiosks would be extremely lucrative for KI and valuable for the Crown Players.
> > They would make a Mega Snack buyer of me again, because a little math and 250 crowns in the Kiosk and I haven't blown my desired talent out of the water with the Mega Snack Power boost.

Please add these items for us. Pet training is truly painful. It is costly but you don't always get what you wanted. It's is desperately time consuming, and the only reason I can think of to do that is to sell Mega Snacks and Energy Elixers. So take the pain out, while making even More Money. 2 new products and 2 new services should magnify the cash flow for KI while making pet training Sweet for Crown Players, at least.

And lest you think this would cut Pet Training if people were more successful, let me just tell you NO it would just be more fun for us.

I still want a Scarecrow & Fierce Hound talented Midnight Sprite
......................... a Scarecrow & Fierce Hound talented Seraph
..........................a Forest Lord with Life Blade, Death Blade, Feint & Spritely
..........................a Windego but with Death & Life talents + Spritely
and many more.