Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Block... Block?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
362
OK everyone. So as many of you know, Critical is useless with every boss basically having Critical Block. So I was thinking, what if there was a block to Critical Block, like Pierce or something. It would help allot in battles, we get the excitement back. Maybe instead of being a stat, it could be a Star spell: Pierce Critical Block for 4 rounds. Tell me what you guys think

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
I haven't gotten that far into the game yet, but that sounds useful.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
That's what higher crit does ;)

The spell you are asking for already exists -> Vengeance.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
379
I'm not sure how this could be done, but I do like where you are coming from. Wizards only seem to be able to use Criticals in Celestia, and possibly Zafaria. However, you will almost never see a Critical go through in Azteca. I believe this would be a good way of bringing the Criticals back to the higher levels.

~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
48
Nicholas Hawkspear on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
OK everyone. So as many of you know, Critical is useless with every boss basically having Critical Block. So I was thinking, what if there was a block to Critical Block, like Pierce or something. It would help allot in battles, we get the excitement back. Maybe instead of being a stat, it could be a Star spell: Pierce Critical Block for 4 rounds. Tell me what you guys think

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90
No need for this just use Vengeance tc. I find with 280 fire critical rating plus vengeance my crits go through quite a lot.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
709
Or, they could just lower the block factor of bosses to a more random level . . .

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
Prince of Shadows on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
That's what higher crit does ;)

The spell you are asking for already exists -> Vengeance.
wrong critical and block are chances if you have 120% critical rating and they have 100% block the critical isn't gonna take affect

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
critical blizzard on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
wrong critical and block are chances if you have 120% critical rating and they have 100% block the critical isn't gonna take affect
That isn't how it works. Higher crit will overpower part of the block. It's been tested. You can land critical hits even on a player showing 100% block.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
Prince of Shadows on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
That isn't how it works. Higher crit will overpower part of the block. It's been tested. You can land critical hits even on a player showing 100% block.
no sorry man i have a level third teen with a block piece that gives 10 block no other block gear i blocked a spell from a guy with 380 critical rating

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Prince of Shadows on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
That's what higher crit does ;)

The spell you are asking for already exists -> Vengeance.
No. Higher critical does not indicate strength of critical. It only indicates higher probability of getting a critical.