Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Create-A-Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
You know what I really hate? I see all these cool-looking pets, and I have no idea where to get one. What if we could make our own pets? We can already hatch them. You could choose what the body would look like, and then the special abilities. Like, I'd make mine with the two-headed dog body and maybe it could cast a sprite or something. You could use either crowns or gold, but the better the abilities are, obviously the more expensive it would be. Tell me what you think! :D

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I think that idea is awesome for lower lvls but for lvls 50-60 its amazing cuz we got lots of gold

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
well if you wanna create a pet then you go buy a wizard 101 gift card[see the cards at different locations for the different pets] get that pet. go fight and farm the mobs and sell for gold at the bazaar.
train your pet to adult hood..
now you have lots a gold and got an adult pet....
find some one who can hatch with you...

now as you play you keep doing this till you get what you are looking for.

at some point you may hatch from two of your own pets too if they are adult and you have the gold too
just dont give up....
you too can have a kool looking and playing pet

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
It would be nice to create a pet that way each wizard could have their own cool pets.. And it wouldnt be such a problem with all of the wizards complaining and stuff actually a terrific idea.. :)

Alexandria
lvl 55 Ice

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
turtleboy777 wrote:
No, this would be a disaster...

I agree with him. The whole game would mess up.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
102896girl wrote:
You know what I really hate? I see all these cool-looking pets, and I have no idea where to get one. What if we could make our own pets? We can already hatch them. You could choose what the body would look like, and then the special abilities. Like, I'd make mine with the two-headed dog body and maybe it could cast a sprite or something. You could use either crowns or gold, but the better the abilities are, obviously the more expensive it would be. Tell me what you think! :D

i think its a great idea but dont u think the "older" wizards would be mad cuz they had to earn these pets?

Scarlet
lvl 54
Grandmaster diviner

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
What happens if a low lvl makes a hydra looking pet with stats of the sea dragon? What then, it could happen!

Survivor
May 13, 2009
it would be nice but then everyone would have pets with good abilities and spritely and then the ability wont be as good because every would have it.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
102896girl wrote:

I don't agree. If you want a "cool looking pet" then work for the gold and hatch one. Not trying to be rude, but KI will never do this...

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
turtleboy777 wrote:
No, this would be a disaster...

I agree, this would mean a giant workload for KI. So far, the pet hybrids have limited options for the bodies and looks of the pet. However, if every wizard in he spiral had a different looking pet, KI would have to do the computer design and animation for each one. Way more than 1,000,000 people play this game, and if everyone had their own different pet look, KI would be constantly trying to keep up. And I don't think they're going to put up with that. As for stats, you would see yourself with overpowered spells and resists. As a legendary, I can easily farm gold, and that means I would be able to make a completely overpowered pet. It could have 100% resist, 100% accuracy, and a huge damage boost. And then i could stack a satyr version of spritley on top of all these completely crazy talents, and I would be invincible in pvp or pve. And even though people say that lower level wizards wouldn't be able to afford the pets, I can always transfer it through the shared bank from a legendary wizard to one of my alts. Even though this pet would be very expensive, it couldn't be more than 200,000 gold because that's the gold cap. So overall, though this would be fun, it just isn't very realistic.