Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crazy ideas about increasing chance for drop.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
I always hear people saying crazy things like, 3rd person gets the best drops, most that hits the enemy, the one that kills, etc. What are some of the craziest you've heard.
And YES they are crazy, KI specificly said there is NOTHING you can do to increase or decrease a percentage of a dropped item/ hatching

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The rumour about specific elements in the fight having an influence on the drops are bogus. I've been in multiple duels, often doing most of the damage (being a pyromancer), and at times also tanking the whole flock. I have precisely the same chance of getting anything decent as the person who consistently passes every single round and never gets hit by anything.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
The rumour about specific elements in the fight having an influence on the drops are bogus. I've been in multiple duels, often doing most of the damage (being a pyromancer), and at times also tanking the whole flock. I have precisely the same chance of getting anything decent as the person who consistently passes every single round and never gets hit by anything.

Exactly, but don't you think that if they do nothing to help the other players they shouldn't get anything?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Bookshelvings wrote:

Exactly, but don't you think that if they do nothing to help the other players they shouldn't get anything?

No, cuz if they're like me (I have a Grandmaster Sorcerer), I usually wait until I have an attack that can destroy what we're fighting. However, if I'm playing with others, the others usually kill what we're fighting earlier because they have stronger attacks. Therefore, I look like I did nothing when I was really saving for an attack. Also, to develop an algorithm for not giving anything to people who don't actually battle in battle is a total waste of the producers valuable time.