Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting for the lazy/busy person

2
AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1357
AkihiroHattori wrote:
Last time I checked, you didn't specify. By the way, exactly how is camping in the Bazaar for several hours, slowly acquiring the reagents needed to craft something, and using an in-game machine to bring them all together earning it or working hard?


I think that 'specifying' is beside the point... But then again, you will probably come up with some smart answer, like usual.

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
103
Ronster55 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
marolin23 wrote:
just no. im working hard for the celestial observatory and i dont want all the work to be wasted. if you want stuff, you gotta EARN it


I earn my money. Why can't I spend it on whatever I want in the game?


Um... Last time I checked, working in real life and working in game are 2 completely different things...


yes working in real life is much much harder. you'll realize that when your older.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
329
Randomperson16 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
If you accurately predicted the good outcome, then how is the bad outcome still a problem? You're acting like you can only buy mounts with crowns as of now. You may not be able to buy your way to Transcendent, but what's available in the Crown Shop now makes getting there a lot easier. If that's not the next best (or worst in this case) thing, I don't what is.


....What? I did not understand a Word you said, LOL, anyways, i was joking.


AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
*facepalm* What didn't you understand? What's there to not understand?


What i didn't understand was how you were talking about all these Outcomes and stuff when all i said was a little Joke about Skipping Quests with Crowns. I didn't actually mean skipping Quests with Crowns! O_O


Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Randomperson16 wrote:
No, seriously, i agree and disagree with this.

Good: Less time consuming, might encourage more people to get Crowns,
Bad: Unfair to People who don't have Crowns. Thats all the bads


Did you forget you said this?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1357
darkcloyd wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
marolin23 wrote:
just no. im working hard for the celestial observatory and i dont want all the work to be wasted. if you want stuff, you gotta EARN it


I earn my money. Why can't I spend it on whatever I want in the game?


Um... Last time I checked, working in real life and working in game are 2 completely different things...


yes working in real life is much much harder. you'll realize that when your older.

I am talking about in game, not in real life, other rich children dont work for ANYTHING, they just get crowns from their parents who are doctors and what-not (or won the lottery somehow ^-^) Either way, I want my gear crafted to be unique, not something others to get within a few minutes. Its like this, I take a full 300 question test, and get a 96%, and then you get the answer key, and get a 100%, not really fair now is it??

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
56
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
Buts that is only part of the facepalming, brain bashing, fun!
Eh, who am I kidding, this is an ok idea, but I think there will be some uproar if it is actually added, because it might be teaching kids the wrong lessons...


And the ridiculous amount of Hoard Packs KI has been turning out are teaching children the right lessons? Since when is this game about teaching life lessons in the first place? I honestly would rather KI make everything available for purchase with the level restrictions intact rather than having these god-awful packs and ridiculously time-consuming crafting projects. Crafting is sorta fun. My Sorcerer's a Grandmaster Crafter; however, I'm not here to craft. I'm here to play the game, experience the schools, and gain as many spells as possible, and I wish the game was more convenient for what I want to do especially since I don't have a lot of free time to play the game.


as far as i know a bunch of fans asked them for pack i for one love packs because i have decorated my sultants palace almost entirely from pack furniture but its just an opinion still im sure lots of people feel the same way about crafting that you do my friends keep saying i need better gear when im trying to do my quests and say "you need a better ring!" "you need a better athame!" "you need a better deck!" "you need to craft more its better than your weak gear" yes i feel that crafting is time consuming but i also feel that it is an important and fun game activity and some people would be very mad if it was taken away thats why i stopped learning crafting it took up so much of my time i wasnt having as much fun so i abonandon my crafting training in krokotopia and went back to focusing on the game

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
Um... Last time I checked, working in real life and working in game are 2 completely different things...


Last time I checked, you didn't specify. By the way, exactly how is camping in the Bazaar for several hours, slowly acquiring the reagents needed to craft something, and using an in-game machine to bring them all together earning it or working hard?
'
It's not hard. Just time consuming and tedious, which makes it feel more work-y. Plus waiting for multiple hours counts as earning something, if you put a heck of a lot of time into it. Plus it just goes to show that good things come to those who wait.
I learned this when the cafeteria ran out of food, and I was going to leave but my friend convinced me to stay and wait for more chicken nuggets to be prepared, and the lunch ladies felt so bad for us when they were done that they just grabbed a giant handful of chicken nuggets and put them on our trays. It was awesome.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
329
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:
No, seriously, i agree and disagree with this.

Good: Less time consuming, might encourage more people to get Crowns,
Bad: Unfair to People who don't have Crowns. Thats all the bads


Did you forget you said this?


No i did not. I wasn't even talking about that. I was clearly on subject about:

Randomperson16 wrote:
Yep, why don't we just use skip Quests with Crowns?


I was Joking.

Your Response?

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:
Yep, why don't we just skip Quests with Crowns too? (Before you reply to me with a huge NOOOO this is Sarcasm)

No, seriously, i agree and disagree with this.

Good: Less time consuming, might encourage more people to get Crowns,
Bad: Unfair to People who don't have Crowns. Thats all the bads.


If you accurately predicted the good outcome, then how is the bad outcome still a problem? You're acting like you can only buy mounts with crowns as of now. You may not be able to buy your way to Transcendent, but what's available in the Crown Shop now makes getting there a lot easier. If that's not the next best (or worst in this case) thing, I don't what is.


Lol what? Your talking about How you cannot buy Mounts with Crowns... I know you can buy it with Gold. I didn't even say you can only buy Mounts with Crowns and you can buy your way to Transcendent. When did i act like THAT?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Ronster55 wrote:
I think that 'specifying' is beside the point... But then again, you will probably come up with some smart answer, like usual.


Well, I would've...if you hadn't completely deflected my response.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Firewizardfan wrote:
as far as i know a bunch of fans asked them for pack i for one love packs because i have decorated my sultants palace almost entirely from pack furniture but its just an opinion still im sure lots of people feel the same way about crafting that you do my friends keep saying i need better gear when im trying to do my quests and say "you need a better ring!" "you need a better athame!" "you need a better deck!" "you need to craft more its better than your weak gear" yes i feel that crafting is time consuming but i also feel that it is an important and fun game activity and some people would be very mad if it was taken away thats why i stopped learning crafting it took up so much of my time i wasnt having as much fun so i abonandon my crafting training in krokotopia and went back to focusing on the game


And this is exactly why crafting is such a problem in this game. It's only convenient for those who have the time to do it, and if it was altered in any way everyone and their grandma is gonna complain about it. It's ridiculous; either way we can't win.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
eggywig wrote:
It's not hard. Just time consuming and tedious, which makes it feel more work-y. Plus waiting for multiple hours counts as earning something, if you put a heck of a lot of time into it. Plus it just goes to show that good things come to those who wait.
I learned this when the cafeteria ran out of food, and I was going to leave but my friend convinced me to stay and wait for more chicken nuggets to be prepared, and the lunch ladies felt so bad for us when they were done that they just grabbed a giant handful of chicken nuggets and put them on our trays. It was awesome.


Sorry, I'm not seeing your point.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Randomperson16 wrote:
No i did not. I wasn't even talking about that. I was clearly on subject about:

Randomperson16 wrote:
Yep, why don't we just use skip Quests with Crowns?


I was Joking.


And I was clearly not talking about that. Yes, I got the joke. You pointed out your attempt at sarcasm several times. It was a total miss, which is why instead of being rude and telling you you failed (which I do all the time; I'm not making a dig at you) I disregarded it. Can we move on now, please?

Randomperson16 wrote:
Your Response?

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:
Yep, why don't we just skip Quests with Crowns too? (Before you reply to me with a huge NOOOO this is Sarcasm)

No, seriously, i agree and disagree with this.

Good: Less time consuming, might encourage more people to get Crowns,
Bad: Unfair to People who don't have Crowns. Thats all the bads.


If you accurately predicted the good outcome, then how is the bad outcome still a problem? You're acting like you can only buy mounts with crowns as of now. You may not be able to buy your way to Transcendent, but what's available in the Crown Shop now makes getting there a lot easier. If that's not the next best (or worst in this case) thing, I don't what is.


Lol what? Your talking about How you cannot buy Mounts with Crowns... I know you can buy it with Gold. I didn't even say you can only buy Mounts with Crowns and you can buy your way to Transcendent. When did i act like THAT?


Okay, let's try this again. You said the good outcome to making crafting items available for sale via Crowns would be that acquiring items would be less time-consuming and it may encourage people to buy Crowns. However, you said the bad outcome would be that it would be unfair to those who don't have Crowns. I was saying that if you accurately predicted Crowns sales boosting because of crafting items becoming available for sale via Crowns, then wouldn't that negate the bad outcome? The point is this way those who don't have Crowns or love crafting can still craft, those who can't craft or don't like crafting still can use Crowns, and those who truly are lazy will be more inclined to buy Crowns from KI. Everybody wins. However, I'm starting to think the only way this would've worked is if it was introduced before crafting. If this was introduced now, it'd be a Civil War II.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
Crafting was meant to be a challenge, and there's nothing that should be tweaked about it. If crafting was changed because KI would now allow wizards to create recipes with crowns, then crafting wouldn't be the same anymore. But hey! Not much in this game these days is the same anymore, henchmen in example. So just go at it with your opinion.

Justin Titanwraith, Level 70 Pyromancer

2