Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Could we have one free pack once a week?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2016
It would be awesome if we could pick a pack we want for once a week. Cause paying money is a lot not to mention there are scammers out there trying to rob wizard101 gift cards cause sometimes the cards can become invalid. So please let us enjoy the game more if you could wizard101 give us whatever pack we want once a week.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AxelDarkheart2012 on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
It would be awesome if we could pick a pack we want for once a week. Cause paying money is a lot not to mention there are scammers out there trying to rob wizard101 gift cards cause sometimes the cards can become invalid. So please let us enjoy the game more if you could wizard101 give us whatever pack we want once a week.
And lose the revenue from millions of players buying packs? KI depends on the revenue from Crown Shop purchases as well as memberships to maintain this game, a loss of money that great could really break KI!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You know, it's requests such as these why KI has become so skeptical and nervous about their giveaways. Why? Because we just keep asking and asking with no regard to the financial impact this will have on Kingisle and their employees a like.

There's currently Pack-A-Palooza going on where players can enjoy up to a 50% discount of many packs, on top of that, there's also a Crown Sale and the game has even gone a step further and offered to give away a Free Pack to all players (not just members!). And yet still, you'd like more?

Don't be so selfish.

If you can't afford the packs, don't buy them. It's always optional.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
That would be 52 free packs a year. I think it's safe to say that's probably not going to happen. Maybe when the game is on a steep decline and their looking to retain and draw players back. I think that's still a few years off.

However, I would love it if packs could drop as loot.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
This is completely silly.

KI lets out codes for packs when a particular occasion comes around. I feel that is enough.

Having one pack once a week is downright silly, and on top of that you get to chose what pack you get?

No no no no

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
SHAZAM! You can now get 100 free crowns every day! All you have to do is 10 sets of FreeKIGames trivia!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Robobot1747 on Feb 1, 2017 wrote:
SHAZAM! You can now get 100 free crowns every day! All you have to do is 10 sets of FreeKIGames trivia!
Yeah! That way you can get a pack weekly ( & choose what pack you want ) without spending your own crowns!

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
You want one free pack a week? Just do trivia for 100 crowns a day which will give you 700 crowns a week, more than enough to buy a pack.

Yeah, you've got to put in effort but it's worth it, isn't it?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
play grub guardian online and you have the chance of winning TONS more than 52 packs a year

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
KI marketing probably has a good idea of the right number of packs to give away. Players may adopt the attitude that they don't need to buy packs if they get too many. At the same time, an occasional free pack may inspire players to purchase more.

As others here have mentioned, keeping Wizard101 profitable is to everyone's benefit. It's great to get freebies, but let's not go too far in that direction.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I laughed so hard at the idea. Packs cost money, means profit. Speaking from king isle that would be like min 5 M packs a week. Knowing each pack is 5$ min that's like loosing 5*5M X 51 is like 13M Bucks lost every year. That's never in the world of Tartarus gonna happen. Good try though bud

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I think this really great idea!

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
It's a silly idea. But hey! Who doesn't like free items? I am all for this

Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
Maybe a free pack to ring in each new year?

That would still be a lot of packs, but on a lot smaller scale.

Still a kind of preposterous idea. (no offense)

OR MAYBE, a really hard, overpowered boss who has a guarantee to drop one pack per victory!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Lukeskywalker1313 on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
I laughed so hard at the idea. Packs cost money, means profit. Speaking from king isle that would be like min 5 M packs a week. Knowing each pack is 5$ min that's like loosing 5*5M X 51 is like 13M Bucks lost every year. That's never in the world of Tartarus gonna happen. Good try though bud
$5 isnt the price of one pack... 4% is 2500 crowns... or roughly 6 packs (400 crowns each)

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
AxelDarkheart2012 on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
I can't tell if you're serious or not, this idea is so ridiculous

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
I think once a week is taking it a bit too far, I'd say a month or every few months.