Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cooldown=Outclassed

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Cooldown, level 75 Ice spell. It removes one tick from damage over time for everyone and costs two pips. First of all, it's effect is directly inferior to mass triage, though mass triage costs one pip more. The extra pip will never really be noticed on most occasions. Second, Cooldown only has 1/3 of the effect of mass triage compared to being 2/3 the rank. Now personally I hate spells like this that are inferior. (Taunt vs beguile and Ice/frozen armor vs dryad) but this one really takes the cake and it would be nice if it wasn't outclassed.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
emilo wrote:
Cooldown, level 75 Ice spell. It removes one tick from damage over time for everyone and costs two pips. First of all, it's effect is directly inferior to mass triage, though mass triage costs one pip more. The extra pip will never really be noticed on most occasions. Second, Cooldown only has 1/3 of the effect of mass triage compared to being 2/3 the rank. Now personally I hate spells like this that are inferior. (Taunt vs beguile and Ice/frozen armor vs dryad) but this one really takes the cake and it would be nice if it wasn't outclassed.

It may be outclassed when directly comparing to Mass Triage, but remember Ice is gaining an ability that normally is done by Life wizards. Additionally, casting Cooldown twice in a row is more effective for an Ice wizard without a Life Mastery Amulet than casting Mass Triage. DoTs are typically three rounds, but the reaction time only allows you to affect two rounds usually anyways.

I will agree that this isn't exactly the best spell Ice has ever gotten, but still comes in handy when there isn't a Life Wizard or Mass Triage TCs available.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
kingurz wrote:
emilo wrote:

It may be outclassed when directly comparing to Mass Triage, but remember Ice is gaining an ability that normally is done by Life wizards. Additionally, casting Cooldown twice in a row is more effective for an Ice wizard without a Life Mastery Amulet than casting Mass Triage. DoTs are typically three rounds, but the reaction time only allows you to affect two rounds usually anyways.

I will agree that this isn't exactly the best spell Ice has ever gotten, but still comes in handy when there isn't a Life Wizard or Mass Triage TCs available.
I agree with Kingurz on this one. This is a pretty good power for Ice.