Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

COOKING!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
I made this before then genius me, on accident, went back to the other page. Yaaay.
How does it work?:
With cooking, you make meals. There are two types of meals. Pet Meals and (normal) Meals. pet meals, as the name implies, are meals for your pets. Meals are for your wizard. There are big, medium, and small meals. Each take a different percentage of your energy to make. You make meals by either certain regiments, fish, and/or pet snacks for pet meals.
Pet meals:
Pet meals can be fed to your pet as a 'better' alternative to the usual Snacks! Your pet will gain 10 - 20 (depending on meal size) points after training, however feeding your pet will cost 2 energy to make it fair.
Big meals: 25% of your energy to make
Medium meals: 20% of your energy to make
Small meals: 15% of your energy to make
Meals:
Meals can be fed to yourself to restore energy, give health, and/or give mana. Small meals will give you all your mana back, medium meals Mana & Health, and Big meals Mana, Health, and some energy. Medium+ Meals will also make you have a 8% lesser chance to fizzle for 10 - 20 minutes. (again-- meal size.)
Big meals: 35% of your energy to make
Medium meals: 30% of your energy to make
Small meals: 25% of your energy to make

Possible questions:
How will I learn these meals?
You can buy recipes from your local World Cook, each world will have a cook that can sell you common small meals. You can get better meal recipes from fighting bosses or going through dungeons, also occasionally you may get Small Meal Recipes from fighting monsters.
Where can I eat meals?
You can eat meals anywhere you want, as long as you aren't in combat. As for pet meals, you can only give your pet meals after training, so at the stage where you feed them snacks.
Uhhh, Griffin? Where do I cook these meals?
Oops! Sorry! You'll cook these meals in a pot, casting a Fire spell above it to cook. (Like fishing.) A minigame will pop up and you must catch all the fireballs you can to successfully cook. Should you fail, energy will not be taken. Or it could just be like the classic wait-to-get.

I apologize if the suggestion seems.. specific, I really just thought this would be cool to implement. Anyways, KI is the one who actually does it. As all suggestions do it probably does have some problems... feel free to point them out so I may attempt to fix them!

Hero
May 07, 2015
Griffin Strider on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
I made this before then genius me, on accident, went back to the other page. Yaaay.
How does it work?:
With cooking, you make meals. There are two types of meals. Pet Meals and (normal) Meals. pet meals, as the name implies, are meals for your pets. Meals are for your wizard. There are big, medium, and small meals. Each take a different percentage of your energy to make. You make meals by either certain regiments, fish, and/or pet snacks for pet meals.
Pet meals:
Pet meals can be fed to your pet as a 'better' alternative to the usual Snacks! Your pet will gain 10 - 20 (depending on meal size) points after training, however feeding your pet will cost 2 energy to make it fair.
Big meals: 25% of your energy to make
Medium meals: 20% of your energy to make
Small meals: 15% of your energy to make
Meals:
Meals can be fed to yourself to restore energy, give health, and/or give mana. Small meals will give you all your mana back, medium meals Mana & Health, and Big meals Mana, Health, and some energy. Medium+ Meals will also make you have a 8% lesser chance to fizzle for 10 - 20 minutes. (again-- meal size.)
Big meals: 35% of your energy to make
Medium meals: 30% of your energy to make
Small meals: 25% of your energy to make

Possible questions:
How will I learn these meals?
You can buy recipes from your local World Cook, each world will have a cook that can sell you common small meals. You can get better meal recipes from fighting bosses or going through dungeons, also occasionally you may get Small Meal Recipes from fighting monsters.
Where can I eat meals?
You can eat meals anywhere you want, as long as you aren't in combat. As for pet meals, you can only give your pet meals after training, so at the stage where you feed them snacks.
Uhhh, Griffin? Where do I cook these meals?
Oops! Sorry! You'll cook these meals in a pot, casting a Fire spell above it to cook. (Like fishing.) A minigame will pop up and you must catch all the fireballs you can to successfully cook. Should you fail, energy will not be taken. Or it could just be like the classic wait-to-get.

I apologize if the suggestion seems.. specific, I really just thought this would be cool to implement. Anyways, KI is the one who actually does it. As all suggestions do it probably does have some problems... feel free to point them out so I may attempt to fix them!
huh..... not a bad idea! I like it! good job on the idea!

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
I think this would be a great addition to the game! As I was reading this, I had a little idea to make this system even more relevant, since you can already regain health and mana very easily. Perhaps, as you level up, you could be able to make meals that give you a small temporary boost. If you want to know what sort of boosts I was thinking of, look at some of the elixirs in the crown shop. I don't really think that these boosts should be more than the boosts of some elixirs and jewels, though. Still, I really hope that this makes it into the game!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
lightleaf101 on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
I think this would be a great addition to the game! As I was reading this, I had a little idea to make this system even more relevant, since you can already regain health and mana very easily. Perhaps, as you level up, you could be able to make meals that give you a small temporary boost. If you want to know what sort of boosts I was thinking of, look at some of the elixirs in the crown shop. I don't really think that these boosts should be more than the boosts of some elixirs and jewels, though. Still, I really hope that this makes it into the game!
Hey, thanks for the support!
I think the temporary boost would be a nice edition to the suggestion, thanks for the idea!

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Just saying at level 100 the darkmoor gear makes everyone have 100% accuracy so no fizzles.

Also dont make it a % of energy make it solid or people will just run their energy down to a low number and make a bunch.

And if the pet meals are to be worth it they must either be able to be fed without playing games but with energy use OR they must be more than 20 as some mega snacks give up to 50.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
Just saying at level 100 the darkmoor gear makes everyone have 100% accuracy so no fizzles.

Also dont make it a % of energy make it solid or people will just run their energy down to a low number and make a bunch.

And if the pet meals are to be worth it they must either be able to be fed without playing games but with energy use OR they must be more than 20 as some mega snacks give up to 50.
I have not gotten that far into the game yet, but thanks!!
I would have tried to edit my post and try to change that, however I can no longer edit it. (Probably because the admins/mods would get tired of it )
Perhaps for pet snacks, it would be more helpful if they did 60 points for big meals, 45 for medium meals, and 35 for small meals...
And for a solid energy, 35 (big), 30 (medium), 25 (small) then, and 25 (big), 20 (medium), 15 (small)
also lightleaf101 suggested a boost (like in the crowns shop), so maybe that could help patch up the 100% accuracy gear thing..