Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Convert crown items into a new currency

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Today I bought some crowns in hopes of getting some cool stuff from the Gloomthorn card pack. Sadly I barely got anything that is worth mentioning, however I understand that nothing is guaranteed from any card pack. What I did get a lot of was the same shoes from the pack over and over again.

I don't need 20 of the same item in the game, yes I know you can sell them for gold but c'mon. The amount of gold you get for a crown item is next to nothing, and if I really want to get gold; i'll farm enemies for equipment drops.

What I suggest KI implement, is to add a new currency that is specifically obtained by exchanging crown items for this new currency. The shop where you'd use this new form of money could be used to buy potions (a select few that can be bought in the crown shop), mounts, reagents, pet snacks, other booster packs or perhaps new spells.

This would give players more confidence in buying hoard/lore packs because even if they don't get the drops they were hoping for, they could still exchange those unwanted items for something else.

More buyer confidence would equal more $$$ for KI which means more new content for the player.

I'm sure there could be flaws in this idea, if you think so yourself then please point them out. I think this would be a great idea for KI to implement.

Thanks.