Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Convert Charm (Blade) needed KI!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
8
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:


Yeah? What about Sorcerers?

Did Sorcerers not get Dispel Elemental & Spiritul spells during the Wintertusk Update? Is that not 2 spells to all other schools 1?

Not everything has to be about the Balance school... I am sure, if KI decides to give Balance a convert, they might make a convert from Elemental to Spiritual or Vise Versa.


Dude, what's your problem? I just pointed out that this doesn't work out for Balance. Jeez. Yes, we did get Elemental and Spiritual Defuse, but they're useless since they're 5 pips per spell, by the time they're available a lot of monsters' attacks are school-specific, and you have to compete an entire side world for the spells. Anyway, your tantrum didn't solve the problem. Again, what does Balance get?


Omg, Balance doesn't get squat. Balance gets and gets and gets! Balance does not need a convert, there is NO shield for balance. So, while all the other schools get a convert blade, Balance will get what they deserve, Nothing!
again i agree

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
You're lucky I decided to stop the whining, because 1 thing:
Balance should get 2 spells, not just 1. 1 of them will be bad. A Balance Shield, and Spiritual Blast. So, that's fair for what Balance "gets".
And I think the convert charm should be 2 pips, not just 1.


I'm fine with Balance getting one spell since we've seen what getting two spells leads to...And you do realize getting a Balance shield will eventually bite us in the end, right? Since we have no way of getting around a Balance shield besides a breaking it with a Balance attack or Hydra/Chimera, whatever charms and wards we have set up will most likely be all for naught.


Hydra, spectral blast, chimera. Balance has plenty of ways to get around a balance shield and eventually, I am sure Balance will get a spiritual blast spell. Hopefully it will be a 4 pip spell and not a 10 pip spell, that would defeat the purpose. I do quite agree on this.

However, with all of these spells, I don't see how a 50% balance school shield will bite you in the end, when you have such a wide variety of attacks. There is also pierce, or pierce train from a pet. Many ways to avoid shields.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
69
watsupdog111 wrote:
creative but then your original spell cant use that blade then, they would have to use a treasure card that matches the converted blade.
this prism charm would not be useful for over time spells because a over time spell only use is a blade when it starts
but this is a good idea

mary green bloom level 47 life

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
darkeyejunco wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:
creative but then your original spell cant use that blade then, they would have to use a treasure card that matches the converted blade.
this prism charm would not be useful for over time spells because a over time spell only use is a blade when it starts
but this is a good idea

mary green bloom level 47 life


Ok first off, Watsupdog;

Actually, blades can be used, same goes for everything, first blade on is the first blade off. So, if you put the convert charm on last, it will use all your blades and then use the convert charm and change the entire spell.

Which leads to Darkeyejunco;

No, you would not need to use a prism afterward with a dot as the entire spell is converted. Blades also do carry over into DoT effects. It's traps that do not, so no, your traps would not work.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
darthjt wrote:
Hydra, spectral blast, chimera. Balance has plenty of ways to get around a balance shield and eventually, I am sure Balance will get a spiritual blast spell. Hopefully it will be a 4 pip spell and not a 10 pip spell, that would defeat the purpose. I do quite agree on this.


You can't possibly be serious. Elemental Blast only casts one Elemental attack at random (and so will Spiritual Blast if it's added to the game), and Hydra is pretty weak being a Rank 6 spell and all, yet those along with Chimera are "plenty" to get around a Balance shield? I'm not sure about that, and you seem to forget the fact that Balance monsters have Elemental and Spiritual shield. Adding a Balance shield would ruin us even if a convert was added.

However, with all of these spells, I don't see how a 50% balance school shield will bite you in the end, when you have such a wide variety of attacks. There is also pierce, or pierce train from a pet. Many ways to avoid shields.

First, -50%? Single, school-specific shield spells are always -80% to the next incoming spell. Second, you're not solving anything; you're just making more problems. Like I said, 3 (or 4) is not a "wide" variety, especially when 2 (or 3) out of the 4 aren't exactly effective. Treasure cards and pets are supposed to be aids, not necessities in surviving battle. This whole idea is just a clustermess.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
3
I agree with the first post, that we need a new convert charm to defeat mobs. But i also think that balance should have a convert. What if they have a choice between spells, an elemental convert, which converts the attack to an elemental attack at random, and a spiritual convert, which would change it to a random spiritual. I think that it would be satisfactory, for they can only use one convert, not leaving you to be annoyed that any spell can go through your barriers. Then you know that he will use a certain attack, so you can cast a TC shield. I agree that balance needs something, but i don't agree that balance needs everything. There are ways to heal and defend from balance, namely tower shield. Chimera would work like it always had, but you could shield from the damage.

Jason Dragontamer
Level 70

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Nightshade12345678... wrote:
I agree with the first post, that we need a new convert charm to defeat mobs. But i also think that balance should have a convert. What if they have a choice between spells, an elemental convert, which converts the attack to an elemental attack at random, and a spiritual convert, which would change it to a random spiritual. I think that it would be satisfactory, for they can only use one convert, not leaving you to be annoyed that any spell can go through your barriers. Then you know that he will use a certain attack, so you can cast a TC shield. I agree that balance needs something, but i don't agree that balance needs everything. There are ways to heal and defend from balance, namely tower shield. Chimera would work like it always had, but you could shield from the damage.

Jason Dragontamer
Level 70


Well thought out, thank you for your post and ideas. Very nice :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Hydra, spectral blast, chimera. Balance has plenty of ways to get around a balance shield and eventually, I am sure Balance will get a spiritual blast spell. Hopefully it will be a 4 pip spell and not a 10 pip spell, that would defeat the purpose. I do quite agree on this.


You can't possibly be serious. Elemental Blast only casts one Elemental attack at random (and so will Spiritual Blast if it's added to the game), and Hydra is pretty weak being a Rank 6 spell and all, yet those along with Chimera are "plenty" to get around a Balance shield? I'm not sure about that, and you seem to forget the fact that Balance monsters have Elemental and Spiritual shield. Adding a Balance shield would ruin us even if a convert was added.


There are no weak attacks, only weak players. Let me clue you in on just how powerful Hydra can be.

TC Elemental Blades 40%, Elemental Blades 35%, TC Balance blade 30%, Balance Blade 25%, Bladestorm 20%.

This is not even including equipment elemental or balance blades, or dragonblade or tc dragonblade, or dark pact blade.

If you enchant Hydra and use blades, it is very powerful.

This does not even get into the optional attacks you have. How exactly will you be ruined? Please enlighten me, I really want to know and hear this.


However, with all of these spells, I don't see how a 50% balance school shield will bite you in the end, when you have such a wide variety of attacks. There is also pierce, or pierce train from a pet. Many ways to avoid shields.

First, -50%? Single, school-specific shield spells are always -80% to the next incoming spell.


Yes, school-specific shields for all other schools are -80% to the next incoming spell, however, we are talking Balance here. Whom, most people say their spells are a bit weaker. Their blades are not school specific, nor are their traps. So, for Balance, a school-specific shield will only be 50%.

Technically it should be 60, since all other schools get a 70% shield to their opposing schools and balance gets a 50% shield to all schools.
Second, you're not solving anything; you're just making more problems.
More problems? Like making Balance a little more Balanced and on a more equal footing to all the other schools?
Like I said, 3 (or 4) is not a "wide" variety, especially when 2 (or 3) out of the 4 aren't exactly effective. Treasure cards and pets are supposed to be aids, not necessities in surviving battle. This whole idea is just a clustermess.

How are these spells not exactly effective? And what exactly do pets have to do with this, or a convert blade?

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
Ok somehow this turned into an argument over balance? Balance guys you didn't have a convert as a ward so stop arguing for one as a blade every other school needs this THAT IS THE MAJORITY. If you want something you'll probably get something like a new blade.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Ok somehow this turned into an argument over balance? Balance guys you didn't have a convert as a ward so stop arguing for one as a blade every other school needs this THAT IS THE MAJORITY. If you want something you'll probably get something like a new blade.


Thank you! Exactly my point

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
darthjt wrote:
There are no weak attacks, only weak players. Let me clue you in on just how powerful Hydra can be.

TC Elemental Blades 40%, Elemental Blades 35%, TC Balance blade 30%, Balance Blade 25%, Bladestorm 20%.

This is not even including equipment elemental or balance blades, or dragonblade or tc dragonblade, or dark pact blade.

If you enchant Hydra and use blades, it is very powerful.

This does not even get into the optional attacks you have. How exactly will you be ruined? Please enlighten me, I really want to know and hear this.


Okay; you got me there, but what about Spectral (and Spiritual) Blast? You completely avoided that. Again, 2 is not plenty, unless you care to explain the other optional attacks that I have.

Yes, school-specific shields for all other schools are -80% to the next incoming spell, however, we are talking Balance here. Whom, most people say their spells are a bit weaker. Their blades are not school specific, nor are their traps. So, for Balance, a school-specific shield will only be 50%.

Technically it should be 60, since all other schools get a 70% shield to their opposing schools and balance gets a 50% shield to all schools.


The Elemental and Spiritual shields are -50% to balance out the fact that the spell casts three shields at one time, just like the dual shields are -70% and Legion Shield is -30%. Also, if you went by the strength of spells shouldn't the Life shield be -50% as well?

More problems? Like making Balance a little more Balanced and on a more equal footing to all the other schools?

*sigh* I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining your flaw in logic here. If you seriously need me to, it's clear all the time and effort I put into trying to explain why your idea needs a bit more work would've been better spent elsewhere.

And what exactly do pets have to do with this, or a convert blade?

Do you not remember what you said? "There is also pierce, or pierce train from a pet. Many ways to avoid shields."

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
There are no weak attacks, only weak players. Let me clue you in on just how powerful Hydra can be.

TC Elemental Blades 40%, Elemental Blades 35%, TC Balance blade 30%, Balance Blade 25%, Bladestorm 20%.

This is not even including equipment elemental or balance blades, or dragonblade or tc dragonblade, or dark pact blade.

If you enchant Hydra and use blades, it is very powerful.

This does not even get into the optional attacks you have. How exactly will you be ruined? Please enlighten me, I really want to know and hear this.


Okay; you got me there, but what about Spectral (and Spiritual) Blast? You completely avoided that. Again, 2 is not plenty, unless you care to explain the other optional attacks that I have.


Ok, so, Hydra, Chimera, spectral blast, and we all know a spiritual blast is on the horizon, yet these are not enough options to go along with the Balance spells? You want more? How many options do other schools have?


Yes, school-specific shields for all other schools are -80% to the next incoming spell, however, we are talking Balance here. Whom, most people say their spells are a bit weaker. Their blades are not school specific, nor are their traps. So, for Balance, a school-specific shield will only be 50%.

Technically it should be 60, since all other schools get a 70% shield to their opposing schools and balance gets a 50% shield to all schools.


The Elemental and Spiritual shields a -50% to balance out the fact that you're casting three shields at one time, just like the dual shields are -70% and Legion Shield is -30%. Also, if you went by the strength of spells shouldn't the Life shield be -50% as well?


Well, yes, Balance does get a 3rd shield. That much is true. And if anyone's shield should be lowered, it's Ice not Life. Do you realize how powerful life is? Still all this is null and void, because all of these schools have to deal with 90% tc school shields, 80% school shields, 70% dual shields, 55% tc tower shields, 50% tower shields, 50% balance elemental and spiritual shields, 55% tc balance elemental and spiritual shields, and just so people dont think I am leaving out the 30% legion and 35% tc legion shields, while Balance, has only to deal with towers and legion shields. You really don't see how much advantage that is, along with being able to use elemental and spiritual attacks?


More problems? Like making Balance a little more Balanced and on a more equal footing to all the other schools?

*sigh* I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining your flaw in logic here. If you seriously need me to, it's clear all the time and effort I put into trying to explain why your idea needs a bit more work would've been better spent elsewhere.


You are usually quite logical and well thought out, but how on earth you can be missing the points and issues here, is beyond me.

And what exactly do pets have to do with this, or a convert blade?

Do you not remember what you said? "There is also pierce, or pierce train from a pet. Many ways to avoid shields."


Yes, there are many ways to avoid shields, and pets are one of them. As well as pierce and shatter. Balance has many different spells to use, to avoid elemental or spiritual shields. Do you know how many shields it takes to truly defend against balance? Can you count them? Yet you can't see any reason for a 50% balance school shield? Are you kidding me, or just having fun arguing?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Ok somehow this turned into an argument over balance? Balance guys you didn't have a convert as a ward so stop arguing for one as a blade every other school needs this THAT IS THE MAJORITY. If you want something you'll probably get something like a new blade.


Thank you! Exactly my point


Because, for the millionth time, you're excluding a school. Furthermore, you feel completely justified in excluding said school by giving excuses and using random, irrelevant facts to "prove" your point. It's not about what we had or didn't have in the past. When you make an addition to the game, all the schools must be included. There are no exceptions, no reasoning, and certainly no justification to circumvent that. Just because you're willing to completely disregard all the Sorcerers in the Spiral for your own selfish gain doesn't mean we're gonna sit down and allow you to.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Ok somehow this turned into an argument over balance? Balance guys you didn't have a convert as a ward so stop arguing for one as a blade every other school needs this THAT IS THE MAJORITY. If you want something you'll probably get something like a new blade.


Thank you! Exactly my point


Because, for the millionth time, you're excluding a school. Furthermore, you feel completely justified in excluding said school by giving excuses and using random, irrelevant facts to "prove" your point. It's not about what we had or didn't have in the past. When you make an addition to the game, all the schools must be included. There are no exceptions, no reasoning, and certainly no justification to circumvent that. Just because you're willing to completely disregard all the Sorcerers in the Spiral for your own selfish gain doesn't mean we're gonna sit down and allow you to.


Excuses? Random irrelevant facts? lol, you are funny, you trying out to be a comedian?

So, It's okay for balance to get more shields, more dispels, more blades, and more traps than any other school in the game. Myth gets more minions and minion spells I will grant that, since that is their specialty. I will also give balance the blades, since that is balance's specialty. But they also get more shields, traps, and dispels than any other school in the game. Not an excuse, not an irrelevant fact. You keep distorting things to justify yourself. It's ok for balance to get 2 spells to everyone else's one spell and why, because you don't like that spell. Oh me oh my! I am sure some storm do not like supercharge, but that was all they got, I am sure some storm do not like Insane bolt, but that was all they got. I am sure some life don't like Brilliant light, but that is what they got. They got 1 spell each time in the last update, while Balance got 2 spells.

So, you play the knit picking game. Oh it's so not fair. You can't leave out balance, you just can't. Here have a tissue, maybe I will get a cheese for that whine. I am out of cookies, you ate them all. I am having others call you a whambulance. It will be okay, honestly it will.

There have been many ideas of what to give balance, while other schools get a convert charm.

1. A balance shield
2. A spiritual blast spell
3. A lump of coal

All of these are great ideas.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Ok somehow this turned into an argument over balance? Balance guys you didn't have a convert as a ward so stop arguing for one as a blade every other school needs this THAT IS THE MAJORITY. If you want something you'll probably get something like a new blade.


Thank you! Exactly my point


Because, for the millionth time, you're excluding a school. Furthermore, you feel completely justified in excluding said school by giving excuses and using random, irrelevant facts to "prove" your point. It's not about what we had or didn't have in the past. When you make an addition to the game, all the schools must be included. There are no exceptions, no reasoning, and certainly no justification to circumvent that. Just because you're willing to completely disregard all the Sorcerers in the Spiral for your own selfish gain doesn't mean we're gonna sit down and allow you to.
Well since everyone got a convert except balance, balance got a spiritual shield. So if anything balance might get something different then the others.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
You know what? Forget it. I've explained several times why this idea is flawed, and it seems I've been trying to reason with a brick wall. You obviously haven't played as a Sorcerer, or you'd understand our concern, so I'm gonna stop wasting my time. This idea doesn't work in its present state, and that's my final word on the matter.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
watsupdog111 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Ok somehow this turned into an argument over balance? Balance guys you didn't have a convert as a ward so stop arguing for one as a blade every other school needs this THAT IS THE MAJORITY. If you want something you'll probably get something like a new blade.


Thank you! Exactly my point


Because, for the millionth time, you're excluding a school. Furthermore, you feel completely justified in excluding said school by giving excuses and using random, irrelevant facts to "prove" your point. It's not about what we had or didn't have in the past. When you make an addition to the game, all the schools must be included. There are no exceptions, no reasoning, and certainly no justification to circumvent that. Just because you're willing to completely disregard all the Sorcerers in the Spiral for your own selfish gain doesn't mean we're gonna sit down and allow you to.
Well since everyone got a convert except balance, balance got a spiritual shield. So if anything balance might get something different then the others.


That is exactly my point Watsupdog, balance probably will get something different. Maybe a new aura spell for 2 or 3 pips. Maybe a spiritual blast spell, maybe a new blade, maybe a school shield, who knows.... There are many different ideas, however, AkihiroHattori5 does not seem to get that. I apparently must decide which one Balance gets or my whole idea is null and void to him. Thank goodness he is not someone involved in making this game.