Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Concern about Game Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
First I want to apologies if this is not the correct forum for this post. I originally posted a similar message in the Wizard City Forum, but realized it is a larger issue than just Wizard City in hindsight.

In that post I focused on only the Crab Alley dungeon as I did not originally see it as a dungeon until I got to Krokotopia and encountered both the Vault of Ice (helping a friend) and Throne Room of Fire.

Let me start by referencing my original post in the Wizard City Forum, and say this I understand the need to charge for areas. Having chosen my path for the first month to be a pay as I go person. I have gained insight to getting a membership since and would argue this is an excellent justification for the membership cost. I spent already $20.00 to get a Game Card during the Best Buy special in June. This gave me a bit more Crowns than the normal 10K that it would have (got the bonus 2.5K). But clearly now that we are in the start of July, I am seriously going to get a membership.

But since I did get the card, I spent 3K as my original post stated for all the start areas (Cyclops, Firecat, Colossus, etc...), and as stated with the except of the Crab Alley location found great value in them. Now as I reflect on the dungeons I have purchased in Krokotopia and the Crab Alley one. I have to argue that the value against an area is a bit steep. Honest I believe that the value we invest need to equal the rewards we attain, and while this could be argued with the prizes achieved. I find it difficult to accept a dungeon is the same value as the general area and would ask that the cost be re-examined for those on limited income pay as you go options.

My suggestion for consideration is that a Dungeon Area that might be visited once by a player (or character) be reduced from the current same as the other area in the world to a more reasonable amount (e.g. 50%). This allows for the individual to continue especially when the main storyline requires us a requirement to visit the area. Now understand I am not advocating for a total crown cost reduction, but some logic on a few of the sub areas within a world, especially since we have the ability to rent areas for reduced cost on some of the planets.

I hope others will share their thoughts on this.

Regards,

Andhanni